• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2025 Sovereign

JamesH

14 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I have been mostly away, yes, as my dad has been unwell so I’ve had to travel overseas; and I also lost my job at the same time. Talk about a double whammy! 😞

Sorry to hear of you bad luck.

sending you over good luck happy vibes from sunny England 

25 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I have been mostly away, yes, as my dad has been unwell so I’ve had to travel overseas; and I also lost my job at the same time. Talk about a double whammy! 😞

Anyway, I have seen people on FB hint that the design is not the G&D and that some revelation will happen tomorrow.

It is exciting of course but given my current situation and the price of gold, I’ll just have to sit the thing out.

I just checked for any Gazette Proclamations but there’s none. 

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully everything turns around sharpish.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

44 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Anyway, I have seen people on FB hint that the design is not the G&D and that some revelation will happen tomorrow.

It is exciting of course but given my current situation and the price of gold, I’ll just have to sit the thing out.

Sorry to hear your news.

I think a lot of us will be sitting this one out.

I have a subscription to sovs so I know I’m in.  If a shield back is what’s in store I’m sure it will look great and new monarch, updated treatment, etc I doubt the RM will have any trouble selling them.

We all like to draw that line in the sand, but in the end we are all hooked on the hobby and fold like a beach chair …….

P.S.  Sending positive vibes to Australia

If it is a special design and becomes the strike your own option at the RME soon then I may find it hard to resist. But otherwise I will.

And if it is a special design, I wonder if the bullion offering will be the same.

@westminstrel best wishes from over here. It's not been the same without your usual overwatch of what's about to come out.

10 hours ago, SilverRich said:

In a way, I kind of hope it's not another reiteration of a shieldback. I absolutely love the original ones but I can't get on with the 2002, it just doesn't look right to me. Perhaps it's the change in colour that doesn't help it.

I agree with your opinion on the 2002. Bit of a Marmite design.

I hope they do a really good, serious-looking interpretation of the shieldback and offer it in bullion as well as proof.

If so, I would definitely want to buy bullion versions of the full, the double and ideally the quintuple sovereign if offered.  I passed on the 2024 sovereign range and I think I'll probably only collect new special obverse or reverse designs in future.

Sending best wishes to @westminstrel too.  Best of luck on all fronts, keep chatting to us folks on here about stuff if it helps...

4 hours ago, Clockpuncher said:

No doubt the price will be furiously high given current spot.

No way the royal mint will miss the opportunity for yet another 'special reverse'..!

Mintages do look nice and low though so should be appealing

How do you know the mintages?

😎

Chards

Thank you too @Sc391, @paulmerton and @Stuntman. ☺️

It definitely helps to get my head out of my situation and be back among you all discussing upcoming designs.

You guys are going to get me excited about the 2025 Sovereign to the point I’ll have FOMO and make a rash decision. 😅 But it’s an investment right?

8 hours ago, Stuntman said:

I passed on the 2024 sovereign range and I think I'll probably only collect new special obverse or reverse designs in future.

Same here.

Btw i opened the same thread few days ago, they should be merged, it s a pity to split comments and contributions

On 02/10/2024 at 09:07, Zhorro said:

Are you thinking this is the design they may be using?

Special.jpg

If so, I'm afraid I am not that excited about it.  If the bullion coin has this design, I will buy one, but "Special designs" are not that special any more.

I can't see them using the exact design as this is no longer the royal coat of arms.

14 hours ago, westminstrel said:

If they were changing the design I presume they would have to issue a proclamation first. 

3 hours ago, refero said:

Same here.

Btw i opened the same thread few days ago, they should be merged, it s a pity to split comments and contributions

It's in a different forum - general precious metals.

Edited by Olivard

32 minutes ago, Olivard said:

If they were changing the design I presume they would have to issue a proclamation first. 

Correct.

There are already two Proclamations - one for a St. George and the Dragon reverse, and another for a Royal Coat of Arms (i.e., shield design) reverse.

These Proclamations cover all possible G&D and Shield design variations for KC III’s Sovereigns, unless they do a wholly radical design change.

It is also worth noting that there was no special Proclamation issued for crowned vs uncrowned effigy. All of them simply state “Our effigy”. If they do a laureate head, I assume no specific Proclamation will be issued.

13 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Correct.

There are already two Proclamations - one for a St. George and the Dragon reverse, and another for a Royal Coat of Arms (i.e., shield design) reverse.

These Proclamations cover all possible G&D and Shield design variations for KC III’s Sovereigns, unless they do a wholly radical design change.

It is also worth noting that there was no special Proclamation issued for crowned vs uncrowned effigy. All of them simply state “Our effigy”. If they do a laureate head, I assume no specific Proclamation will be issued.

Given that 1825 had both designs issued (the existing G&D design as well as the new shield design), I think this could possibly be another one of those years where the special shield design is only available on the proofs, while the bullion carries the normal G&D design.

🤔🤔🤔

2 hours ago, paulmerton said:

Given that 1825 had both designs issued (the existing G&D design as well as the new shield design), I think this could possibly be another one of those years where the special shield design is only available on the proofs, while the bullion carries the normal G&D design.

🤔🤔🤔

And there are recent precedents for this in 2016 and 2017.