• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Fedex parcel missing / claims

A parcel of mine with graded coins from PCGS valued at circa £8,000 was sent back to me via Fedex at the start of August 2024.

Sadly, it had been stuck in America for nearly 2 months after providing invoice evidence to Fedex on the day the lady called me, so I made contact yet again to see what was happening.

I've just had a call from FedEx UK to say all searches have come back negative.

They say I can make a claim based on the weight of the parcel which they calculate to be a whole £23.15!!  They're giving me until tomorrow morning to complete the claim - what an absolute joke!

WTF. I feel sick. 

Has anyone experienced this?

Any advice welcome!

Edited by GoldenGriffin
Spelling

Was there any actual insurance on the package?

Does PCGS have insurance to help you? It sounds like they sent the package, so maybe discussing with them what their goods in transit cover might be?

Sounds really horrible and I hope you get things sorted!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

16 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Was there any actual insurance on the package?

Does PCGS have insurance to help you? It sounds like they sent the package, so maybe discussing with them what their goods in transit cover might be?

Sounds really horrible and I hope you get things sorted!

Thanks @BackyardBullionI hope so too.

I'm going to contact PCGS this afternoon to see what I would get if I made a claim.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if you make a claim and then the package all of a sudden turns up, it wouldn't be classed as 'missing' or 'stolen goods' anymore if reported stolen.  Then those goods could be auctioned off, like I believe they do in the UK.

If the claim from PCGS is poor, I'll go down the route of not claiming and reporting as stolen.  The whole point of 'true view' where they take high resolution images of the coins are for this reason.  If they take them out of the holders and submit for a different certificate, PCGS apparently can spot whether the coins are reported stolen.

I'll see what PCGS say.

What a start to the week!

Edited by GoldenGriffin