• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Gold Maple for sale - price reduced

• ZEE123 changed the title to Gold maple for sale
  • ZEE123 changed the title to Gold Maple for sale - price reduced
2 hours ago, Tn21 said:

Insane how the 1 Oz market is ATM here on the forum. 

You could also say that with all gold on here. 

Sovs not selling at ~spot + post, 1/4's taking a while at under £500. Perhaps it just takes a little while for people to adjust. 

Will be interesting to see if spot goes over £2k. 

@ZEE123 Great price btw! 

1 hour ago, SilverRich said:

You could also say that with all gold on here. 

Sovs not selling at ~spot + post, 1/4's taking a while at under £500. Perhaps it just takes a little while for people to adjust. 

Will be interesting to see if spot goes over £2k. 

@ZEE123 Great price btw! 

Yes I've made it that price as the spot price has dropped. They do say that gold will hit £2k, apparently it will get to that price by the end of the year.

37 minutes ago, ZEE123 said:

Yes I've made it that price as the spot price has dropped. They do say that gold will hit £2k, apparently it will get to that price by the end of the year.

A few are probably favouring buying silver over gold in anticipation of a catch up trade further down the line but in general I think people are trying to keep their powder dry with all the economic uncertainty we're going through right now. Starmer and his merry band are probably going to put up taxes big time, and I have a bad feeling they'll go after CGT. The US election situation isn't helping either. If Harris beats Trump I expect a big dump on gold, at least initially. But if these Elliot Wave projections on the daily chart are to be beleived, we will hit £2K plus in September. Who the hell knows? Certainly not me.

XAUGBP_2024-08-21_16-10-40_fa8f7.png

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, NumisNewbie said:

A few are probably favouring buying silver over gold in anticipation of a catch up trade further down the line but in general I think people are trying to keep their powder dry with all the economic uncertainty we're going through right now. Starmer and his merry band are probably going to put up taxes big time, and I have a bad feeling they'll go after CGT. The US election situation isn't helping either. If Harris beats Trump I expect a big dump on gold, at least initially. But if these Elliot Wave projections on the daily chart are to be beleived, we will hit £2K plus in September. Who the hell knows? Certainly not me.

XAUGBP_2024-08-21_16-10-40_fa8f7.png

Yes they're saying that Labour are likely to increase CGT and will do this by putting it in line with Income Tax. I think that in the event of CGT increasing, this would make Royal Mint gold coins a very attractive option with their CGT exempt status. 👍

For me personally, a CGT increase wouldn't put me off buying gold, but what would be a deal-breaker for me would be scrapping gold's VAT exempt status. If that happens, I'm done with gold. No way am I paying an extra 20% on my gold! 😱

Edited by ZEE123

52 minutes ago, Dankanugget said:

Why will Harris getting in affect the gold price?

Good question. Because I think the Fed will use it as an opportunity to dump on gold and pump the dollar in a way they couldn't if Trump wins. She's much more of an establishment figure than he is. Saying that gold dumped hard when Trump won in 2016, but not as hard as when Biden won in 2020. Looking at this chart that goes back to Nixon in 1972 gold tends to dump around US election time, the exceptions being Carter 76-80 & 2000-2012 when we were clearly in bull markets as we are now. So maybe this time it's different. What is clear is we've had a dump the last 3 election cycles. How you look at it depends on how much you think the gold market is manipulated and whether or not the manipulators have lost their grip. I don't know, it's just my feeling. We'll see!

XAUUSD_2024-08-21_19-03-13_7e593.png

23 minutes ago, ZEE123 said:

Yes they're saying that Labour are likely to increase CGT and will do this by putting it in line with Income Tax. I think that in the event of CGT increasing, this would make Royal Mint gold coins a very attractive option with their CGT exempt status. 👍

For me personally, a CGT increase wouldn't put me off buying gold, but what would be a deal-breaker for me would be scrapping gold's VAT exempt status. If that happens, I'm done with gold. No way am I paying an extra 20% on my gold! 😱

Yes agreed if they do up CGT there would be a rush into gold Sovereigns and Brits as long as they don't remove the exemptions, which might be legally and politically complicated. I have no doubt though that all options are on the table, including removing the VAT exemption on gold which would put it in line with silver. Always annoyed me that we have to pay VAT, even on so called legal tender silver Brits. I had hoped someone would take the government to court over it but it's never happend. Why are we paying VAT on money? Utterly ridiculous.

A CGT increase will hurt UK crypto investors big time.

Edited by NumisNewbie

Just now, Dankanugget said:

I wonder if they change CGT rules also on selling gold IE an amnesty to sell it for a period of time before its triggered.

A nasty way of shaking the tree to remove people from their gold.

Hold firm.

Evrything is on the table with this lot. Wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them and with that massive majority, it would be a doddle for them to get anything passed.

• 4 weeks later...