• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New to Buying Silver

Hi All,

I am looking for some advice or direction in purchasing silver. I have purchased a few Silver Britannia Coins (1oz 2024) from the 'bullionbypost' website but I am guessing that this is not the best way to buy Britannia coins?

It terms of the date on the coin, how is it measured for value when it comes to the date? Do I carry on buying Silver coins irrelevant of the year of production?

Are there better and cheaper sites out there to buy Britannia coins?

Thanks

You should save about £3/oz buying in the trade section here, which whilst a shadow of what it once was, will still cover its cost.

Try that IMO.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

Get a paid membership on here and you will see the deals that regularly turn up on here immediately …. very few if any places are cheaper.🤔😮

awesome, ill sign up for the membership.

Is it good to just stick to Britannia Silver Coins? Hoping to purchase a few a month, know its not much but slowly getting into it.

7 minutes ago, rafter01 said:

awesome, ill sign up for the membership.

Is it good to just stick to Britannia Silver Coins? Hoping to purchase a few a month, know its not much but slowly getting into it.

keep reading and looking mate lots of things will tempt you on here other than Britannias

I'm alright, Jack, Keep your hands off of my stack

11 hours ago, rafter01 said:

Hi All,

I am looking for some advice or direction in purchasing silver. I have purchased a few Silver Britannia Coins (1oz 2024) from the 'bullionbypost' website but I am guessing that this is not the best way to buy Britannia coins?

It terms of the date on the coin, how is it measured for value when it comes to the date? Do I carry on buying Silver coins irrelevant of the year of production?

Are there better and cheaper sites out there to buy Britannia coins?

Thanks

As the forum’s resident metals expert of the forum ( and I’m sure everyone will agree)???, do what I do , but silver coins with pretty pictures on , buystuff you like , keep away from Austrian maple leafs , or Canadian  liberty’s and don’t touch Belgian libartards  and South American krugerrand???👍👍👍

So when someone becomes a member, how do you pay a seller if you were to buy an item?

How do you trust the seller to send out the item and the correct one?

99.99999% of all deals go ok, no problems on here. You pay either using bank details, PayPal etc. 

this is more trustworthy than eBay, facebook etc.

you don’t need to be a paid member, however, if you are not, then you won’t immediately see the new sales posts and by the time you have the good deals have usually gone.

👍👍

If you do decide to go for dealers like BBP then go for their second hand silver Britannias. Worth the same when selling, but will be cheaper to buy.

Disclosure - I work in the precious metals industry, however this is my personal account and all opinions are my own.

3 hours ago, rafter01 said:

So when someone becomes a member, how do you pay a seller if you were to buy an item?

How do you trust the seller to send out the item and the correct one?

Not 100% guaranteed but if you hover your cursor over a member avatar you see their trading feedback ie number of deals they have done and other members responses to them. some with 100s maybe 1000s of deals to their credit

I'm alright, Jack, Keep your hands off of my stack

I have bought with BBP without problem. Not the cheapest source, but reliable, quick and good quality. That said, buying single units is expensive as they need to cover "free shipping" etc, I guess. I found 10x becomes affordable. Enjoy the shiny stuff, wherever you get it form.

2 minutes ago, rafter01 said:

If free post then not the worst deal in the world ( for a dealer) 

You will get 1oz brits on here for £27 but you then have to pay postage, so if sharps is free postage then it's a good deal. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip