• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Silver Resource

Hey there Forum,

I created a website a while back with the hopes of getting collecting silver easier and more fun. I created a website (hobbysilver.com) and after about a year of back burner, I picked it back up. I would like to know what I could improve or offer to help with user experience. 

Any and all thoughts would be helpful.

I like your website, it's super smooth and looks good

I learnt a few things, including about the Mint of Poland! I thought you meant Germania but no, a different mint with some beautiful coins

Maybe you want to add in Germania Mint and KOMSCO, both of which are pretty popular these days, and Real Casa de la Moneda (Royal House of the Currency/Spanish Royal Mint)

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

2 hours ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

I like your website, it's super smooth and looks good

I learnt a few things, including about the Mint of Poland! I thought you meant Germania but no, a different mint with some beautiful coins

Maybe you want to add in Germania Mint and KOMSCO, both of which are pretty popular these days, and Real Casa de la Moneda (Royal House of the Currency/Spanish Royal Mint)

Fantastic idea! I do need to add those!! Thank you!

2 hours ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

I also liked some of your videos, I'm currently watching this one:

Reviews 1 — HobbySilver.com

Perfect! Q2 results come out this week!!

6 minutes ago, Chrispy33 said:

you have a lot of videos on the YT channel and nice to watch.  I'll being going through them to work on my wish list :)

It is my hope to inspire everyone to be collectors!! What are the themes you tend to really like?

8 minutes ago, CultureOfCurrency said:

It is my hope to inspire everyone to be collectors!! What are the themes you tend to really like?

I actually enjoy "Kook"s" as you called them. Just got myself a '23 online. Really lovely piece. Really great designs as you said. Some other nice designs from Tchad and Armenia, the Goddess Europa 23 and Noahs Arks, Icons and  Magnum opus "iris" are really graphical too, though the samples I got were quite disappointing in reality. Everyone takes such nice pics, but the reality is sometimes worrying. Would you happen to own a Kook 23 by any chance?

2 hours ago, Chrispy33 said:

I actually enjoy "Kook"s" as you called them. Just got myself a '23 online. Really lovely piece. Really great designs as you said. Some other nice designs from Tchad and Armenia, the Goddess Europa 23 and Noahs Arks, Icons and  Magnum opus "iris" are really graphical too, though the samples I got were quite disappointing in reality. Everyone takes such nice pics, but the reality is sometimes worrying. Would you happen to own a Kook 23 by any chance?

Well Said!! I have the 30th year anniversary and the 2024. Do not have a 23 but the do look quite nice!

Posted (edited)

I'm going to be very honest, for me i would say a reduction in adverts, I realize they are needed and all part and parcel of things but they are too obtrusive and would put me off staying on the website. I took a look, saw advert banners everywhere that scrolled with the page and left strait away. Others will do the same. 

Edited by watchesandwhisky

2 hours ago, watchesandwhisky said:

I'm going to be very honest, for me i would say a reduction in adverts, I realize they are needed and all part and parcel of things but they are too obtrusive and would put me off staying on the website. I took a look, saw advert banners everywhere that scrolled with the page and left strait away. Others will do the same. 

Interesting. The ads are on auto mode...Not sure why they want them everywhere.

41 minutes ago, CultureOfCurrency said:

Yep, two vertical bars that move as you scroll, and three horizontal fixed bars of adverts - really spammy.  

9 hours ago, CultureOfCurrency said:

Well Said!! I have the 30th year anniversary and the 2024. Do not have a 23 but the do look quite nice!

I'm actually looking for the definitive coin web guide, almanac if you will. I have been checking some of my purchases against available data from mints and dealers. Most seem to copy data from each other and I found certain discrepancies and coin sizes/weight (or missing).

So either some data is wrong or, more probably, some of my coins are not what they should be.

1 hour ago, CultureOfCurrency said:

Gotta admit, ads are annoying and dont scream confidence. I generally dont like windows flashing at me

51 minutes ago, Chrispy33 said:

Gotta admit, ads are annoying and dont scream confidence. I generally dont like windows flashing at me

I gotta see what I can do about the ads. They are on auto but do seem a bit much. As far as your size and weight....Those should be standard from the Perth Mint. One troy ounce is a standard weight on those. I cannot remember the diameter but I think it is 38mm.

2 hours ago, CultureOfCurrency said:

I gotta see what I can do about the ads. They are on auto but do seem a bit much. As far as your size and weight....Those should be standard from the Perth Mint. One troy ounce is a standard weight on those. I cannot remember the diameter but I think it is 38mm.

yeah i get one on each side and one at the bottom. Though on a mac they display across the content (which is good by the way. I like your screen presence :) Think I've seen about 10 videos so far. I'll make a post about the kook. See if anyone has one.

screen.jpg

2 hours ago, Chrispy33 said:

yeah i get one on each side and one at the bottom. Though on a mac they display across the content (which is good by the way. I like your screen presence :) Think I've seen about 10 videos so far. I'll make a post about the kook. See if anyone has one.

screen.jpg

Thank you so much! I will see if I can figure out how to fix the ad situation. This website needs to be a tool for those who love silver, not a hinderance...It is quite expensive to run the website and am not sure how best to pay for the services so it is not all out of pocket but we do not have enough traffic as of yet for it to really matter.

2 hours ago, CultureOfCurrency said:

Thank you so much! I will see if I can figure out how to fix the ad situation. This website needs to be a tool for those who love silver, not a hinderance...It is quite expensive to run the website and am not sure how best to pay for the services so it is not all out of pocket but we do not have enough traffic as of yet for it to really matter.

Sure thing. Happy to help out. In daily life I make content for websites so I see a bit how they are used. (though I dont make websites) Not sure how much control you have over design and ad placement or if it's template based package. Maybe if ads are only on the right margin they would be more discreet and not intrude..? ps how do the ads know I am out of shape?! :D

1 hour ago, Chrispy33 said:

Sure thing. Happy to help out. In daily life I make content for websites so I see a bit how they are used. (though I dont make websites) Not sure how much control you have over design and ad placement or if it's template based package. Maybe if ads are only on the right margin they would be more discreet and not intrude..? ps how do the ads know I am out of shape?! :D

HAHAHAHA! I think I removed side banner ads...Looks clean on my end but let me know if it is still weird on yours.