• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Great Seals of the Realm - Henry VIII

How many of these seals do they plan to make?  This series is doomed to fail and will probably be cancelled like the Royal Monarchs.  So they create another Royal series that’s not even a coin?  And the medal even looks bad.  This deserves to fail.

"Thanks for the comment, Gold ‘rounds’ or medals are not included within the VAT exemptions as is the case for UK coins. Therefore have added the standard rate of VAT to these products."

I would reserve judgement until someone has them in hand. Detail is soft, which normally would be bad, but I think they are going for the look of golden wax, different for sure, but possibly impressive IRL.

Edited by jcbxly
typo

2 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

I like the way you think

Thank We all need to be careful I was bitten like you was with  cancellations of the great monarchs and ended up with two £99 coins as compensation 

im not going to forget that one 

8 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

Is there any truth to the rumour that next there will be a series where these seals will be celebrated on actual coins - a "Great Seals" series similar to the "Great Engravers" series?

Anything is possible, but highly unlikely. I expect them to get increasingly cagey with claims for series sizes. I love the idea of this range, and there are some stunning designs going back a thousand years, and lots of them. Being medals, there's none of the constraints and permissions that apply to coins, so it does give the mint some considerable flexibility re. future releases, especially as they have an extensive collection of source material already in-house.

16 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

Is there any truth to the rumour that next there will be a series where these seals will be celebrated on actual coins - a "Great Seals" series similar to the "Great Engravers" series?

Based on what I have been told today, I think there will not be any more great seals products.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

16 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Just saw this response on one of the mint's public Facebook posts. 

Clumsy to say the least.

Screenshot_2024-07-22-22-21-56-594_com.facebook.katana.thumb.jpg.aebccbfc3266b8aa425c4243a213c6d3.jpg

Can’t be much fun working in the Royal Mint social media team at the moment. Defending the indefensible for a while now.

They seem incapable of acknowledging, at least publicly, the strategic error of cancelling the British Monarchs series. I think admitting this error would go some way to restoring faith that it won’t happen again.

3 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

It must have been bad - there are none listed on eBay!!!  Or it could just be bad marketing by the RM.  I'm sure their policy of not telling people when they are releasing products will not have helped.

Price has been a huge factor 

On 21/07/2024 at 23:20, BackyardBullion said:

Their new deal with Rare coins of america for £100,000,000 says it all.

Interestingly I had the CEO of RCOA contact me to ask if I would want a chat about the issues I have with the mint. 

I told him no thanks, they have gone too far. 

I think in 18 months when their deal wears off they won't renew

Then many many coin series will be cancelled

Heard you are having a chat with my favourite bullion dealer ‘bullion now’ too. Say hi to them for me.. although I think they know me by a different name 🤣

Aaaahhh😉

I have no problem with the design tbh.. price is shocking. Guessing because it’s a medal.  But the EXACT market that would be for this is the same market that they alienated by cancelling the Monarchs. 

why do I see some focus group in the USA saying “I don’t like King Charles on my coins 😭😭”…. And then they produce .. this. Simples. 

it’s not a sell out of the product.. it’s a sellout of the mint to be producing ‘cheap’ copies of British history for Mercian consumption where exclusive deals reign and the tax structure for bullion is different. 

Aaaahhh😉

3 hours ago, Agaupl said:

I have no problem with the design tbh.. price is shocking. Guessing because it’s a medal.  But the EXACT market that would be for this is the same market that they alienated by cancelling the Monarchs. 

why do I see some focus group in the USA saying “I don’t like King Charles on my coins 😭😭”…. And then they produce .. this. Simples. 

it’s not a sell out of the product.. it’s a sellout of the mint to be producing ‘cheap’ copies of British history for Mercian consumption where exclusive deals reign and the tax structure for bullion is different. 

25 minutes ago, Taikonaut said:

Next Monarch series will be US Presidents the way the Mint is pandering to America.

We just need to be voting with our wallets.

It's as simple as that

We have complete and total new release overload since COVID free money helicopter drop, platinum jubilee, memorials, and all the coronation bits n bobs.

Save your dosh buying direct. Just buy your products from the secondary market and enjoy the savings £££

Well at least that's what I'm doing

(......But might buy something soon to keep my credit account with mint alive, cos I'm two faced lol ) 

I’m actually glad they did it as a medal / seal and not a 2-coin set because that would mean spending double the money.

But of course I didn’t think of the VAT addition which is a problem for most collectors here.

Perhaps it makes some feel better now that the Waterloo Medal was released as a 2-coin set.

It’s indeed more expensive to commit and buy 2x coins to get a “complete” design, but at least there’s no VAT.  

Edited by westminstrel

17 minutes ago, AR03 said:

Bought a 1/4 Oz gold but not impressed... Not fine lines, very dull... Not sure if it's meant to be dull old looking Coin/medal

20240725_094432.jpg

Really doen't look very good does it. 

Return and refund would be the best financial decision you could possibly make right now.