• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

George and the dragon bullion coin

12 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

They would probably include the pigeon….

They would say its a pigeon privy mark and slap on 20%

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

7 hours ago, Xander said:

They should have copied this original, sculpted by Charles Grassby and situated just around the corner from where I live. I think the lance has been broken off. Impressive.

IMG_7653[1].JPG

I would be worried about the lack of "detail" in the areas most important to be honest but a good example you've shown of what could've been used as a sample reference point for the coin design.

7 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

It's just lazy coin design

Reusing the same design as 2018

Could have done so much with it, but it's just mediocre at best.

It's so bad I don't even want to do a video on it as even bad press can help. Now I think about it maybe The Royal Mints marketing strategy is "piss everyone off and they will blow up social media"

All personal opinions aside - what baffles me is why start such a series now when we've just had a superb Pistrucci Engravers release that showcased the george and the dragon design. I know it's totally different as a series and it's a proof but another sub-series focusing on george and the dragon makes no sense unless it is DONE correctly from the start. I know RM are milking it (started from TB series imo) but now it's plain silly and nonsense.

I reckon you should still consider making a video about it maybe not in depth if you don't feel like it. I feel it would be nice to know what your audience thinks of it.

16 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

They would probably include the pigeon….

They would go out their way in making sure the pigeon is represented beautifully on the coin design but everything else would be a shambles. 🤣

12 hours ago, MrStacker said:

George in the helmet looks like a generic cartoon character sketch from the early 90s that didn’t make the “final cut”.

This helmet?

Looney_Tunes_Mad_as_a_Mars_Hare_-_screenshot.jpg.8ef3da5449095538cd978ab2341a73e8.jpg

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

From the moment you are born, the number of people in the world who are older than you only ever gets smaller.

20 hours ago, Xander said:

They should have copied this original, sculpted by Charles Grassby and situated just around the corner from where I live. I think the lance has been broken off. Impressive.

IMG_7653[1].JPG

That would be a good take on the design "St George feeding the Dragon".

What’s with all the negativity? 

The burning questions are….How the RM managed to get Donald Trump to put on a short skirt and model for St George in the first place? Just look at that mouth/lips - it’s definitely him!, or maybe Daniel Craig. No, it can’t be - Rachel Weitz would never allow Dan to dress up. He’s James Bond after all! - and why is he/she looking at the camera? Could have someone’s eye out with that spear….

Anyway, I’m joining forces with @BackyardBullion to say this is one of JCs best reverses. Can’t wait to get one! 😁

IMG_0491.jpeg

I think in 1/4oz gold form it gets more right than it gets wrong. If i was looking for a 1/4oz and this and a Brit were the same price i would get this everyday of the week.

It ticks the box for people who like sovereigns but complain about the colour. Its a "special design" with security features and the right colour.

If the look of noses etc put you off pick up a memorial bullion sovereign and have a look - you wont see a lot of the detail with the naked eye.

gdjc24qg---george-and-the-dragon-1-4oz-gold-premium-bullion-coin-reverse-capsule-1500x1500-f3a2c67.jpg