• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal mint bullion series unpredictability

With the monarchs being paused indefinitely I have notice a couple of other series seem to be awol.

The 6 decades of bond is in the 90's for proof but only the 60's has been released in bullion. That's a shame as I fancied the bullion gold collection.

The tudor beast dragon is long overdue, also the Panther hasn't been released. Its been discussed here before but the mint on Facebook said it wouldn't be getting released. 

I wonder if this is a deliberate move away from big production runs of bullion they are seeing low demand for and just sticking to brits and sovs. The bond of the 60's 1 oz gold bullion was limited to 5000, was released ages ago and has been met with silence.

Edited by apachebleu

The Music Legends bullion offerings stopped after The Rolling Stones coin came out in 2022 and then Valiant ones stopped in 2021.  I am hoping the Tudor Beasts bullion series will continue since when they did the Queen's Beasts the release order was different between the versions as well.

It’s a shame when they don’t continue series in bullion, I wish they’d either keep them going or focus on going back to a different Britannia each year like when I first stacked! Not very impressed by some of the designs at the moment, seems they really do prefer just making more commemorative and novelty collectors coins and must have better margins there. 

You know why you can’t trust atoms? 

I think they need to stop with the big series, they can't seem to commit to them and when's potential buyers lose faith that they will complete them we will never start them. I really fancied the 007 set so it's a real shame, I've no interest in losing my shirt buying the proofs so that's even an option.

Maybe focus on 4 coin collections for now, if it catches do a part 2 like they are doing with the harry potter and star wars sets. I think if they had done gold bullion 50p versions of them it would have been a winner. 

Yeah four coin collections is a good shout. Heard about the Royal Mint stopping to produce overseas currency at the end of the year from a few places now, hopefully that will give them more time to focus on UK stuff 😊. Even in non precious metals some coins globally cost more in materials than they represent denominationally so it may be something to do with that!

With their new focus on recycling gold, it would be great to see a gold coin series related to this process, something about their vision for the mint moving forwards. I prefer that sort of thing to easy pop culture wins 😊. I like all the Star Wars stuff but refuse to buy it, or proofs as you said!

You know why you can’t trust atoms? 

21 hours ago, apachebleu said:

The 6 decades of bond is in the 90's for proof but only the 60's has been released in bullion. That's a shame as I fancied the bullion gold collection.

Auragentum states on its website that there will be 2 bullion Bond issues per year. That gives some hope the series is not abandoned, although it's not "official" info...

image.thumb.png.781da8e805932c817eab3ddf896851d2.png

I am also a bit hacked off that they haven't yet released the TB Dragon coins in bullion.  I'm waiting to buy it in 1oz gold and probably 1oz platinum and the longer it is delayed, the more expensive my actual purchase is likely to be.

And they said 'register your interest' for it well over a month ago now.  Usually when they say that, the actual release date is within a couple of weeks.

Poor show, RM.

11 hours ago, ak74 said:

Auragentum states on its website that there will be 2 bullion Bond issues per year. That gives some hope the series is not abandoned, although it's not "official" info...

image.thumb.png.781da8e805932c817eab3ddf896851d2.png

I hope so however that is for the 2nd coin and it says not available, we are on the 4th proof and as far as I remember the 1st proof and bullion released together

I can’t see them stopping the TB like the monarch series. They were 24 premium proof only coins and was always going to be a smaller audience by the end.

That being said I am not looking forward to shelling out for more TBs. Was buying 1/4s for 410 not long ago.

On 15/04/2024 at 17:26, SiCole said:

I can’t see them stopping the TB like the monarch series. They were 24 premium proof only coins and was always going to be a smaller audience by the end.

That being said I am not looking forward to shelling out for more TBs. Was buying 1/4s for 410 not long ago.

I don't think so either, proofs at least but it has been a while since the last bullion release and it just makes me wonder...

Could just be they are waiting in the hope spot goes down and they can save us all a bit of money, they are nice that way

• 3 months later...

Not many stocking the Dragon today. I must assume because RM is so bloody useless in producing coins to any timetable.

You would think it would be in the interest of RM to have a schedule of releases to help their customers but maybe they don't want to do it for a variety of reasons like pressure to actually follow it or they'd rather not have customers thinking along the lines of "well I'll skip this month's because I really want the one that's released next month" 

28 minutes ago, Bogart said:

Not many stocking the Dragon today. I must assume because RM is so bloody useless in producing coins to any timetable.

Tavex plan to but haven't got a specific date when I checked 

BBP have had theirs it seems, other than the Platinum version which says next month.

Edited by MBTPSilver
Grammar Fail

Disclosure - I work in the precious metals industry, however this is my personal account and all opinions are my own.

Chard also but that seems it except the really expensive boys, most of whom have probably not got any stock yet but will keep you hanging on.

A few dealers saying expect in next week.

Edited by Bogart

I ordered a 1oz Gold bullion Tudor Dragon from Chards on Sunday and it's going to be despatched on Thursday, so I should probably get it on Saturday.  Have ordered the Platinum bullion version from BBP at the same time - spot has gone down since then, so cheaper now if anyone's collecting these in Platinum.  

I'm only buying the Lions and Dragons in 1 oz Gold and 1 oz Platinum.  That's the plan - if they make the remaining Lion and Dragon of course!