• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gazette Proclamation - Waterloo Medal (Great Engravers 2-coin set?)

Received my 5 oz today and I would agree with others that this is the best ever.  I have them all and each has points that make them special, but the design and strike quality of this issue is spectacular.

The coin I received does not appear to have any flaws (based on a jewelers loupe and a fair amount of years examining experience)

Edited by Sc391
Stmt re lack of flaws

8 minutes ago, Steve66 said:

Not the best photo as I wanted to catch the post to send of this 10 oz silver to NGC 

Another stunning coin for my collection 

IMG_5348.jpeg

One of the nicest photos I've seen thus far showing the relief of the design. Not very often it is said but it seems to me it looks better in silver than it does in gold.

Congratulations, lovely piece for your collection 

Edited by Paul

30 minutes ago, Paul said:

One of the nicest photos I've seen thus far showing the relief of the design. Not very often it is said but it seems to me it looks better in silver than it does in gold.

Congratulations, lovely piece for your collection 

I think size makes a difference. Especially when something was designed for a certain size. 

Aaaahhh😉

My thoughts are that the 65mm five oz hits the sweet spot. Anything bigger isn’t really a coin is it? The 5oz shows off the intricate detail without being too massive. 

5 hours ago, morrco said:

My thoughts are that the 65mm five oz hits the sweet spot. Anything bigger isn’t really a coin is it? The 5oz shows off the intricate detail without being too massive. 

Yeah the 5oz is good. I was referring to the 2oz (double thickness) which could also have benefited from a larger diameter.

40 minutes ago, ak74 said:

Exactly so

release day

image.thumb.png.2a2c75ef01666dc991797aaa2260bb4a.png

today

image.thumb.png.e83595374009881224f7089b6fa9898c.png

Nothing like a bit of blatant profiteering on a popular series!!

I can’t believe the 5 oz is available.  If I didn’t have a couple I would get another.  When you actually have this in hand you appreciate the mastery of both the Pistrucci design and the RM ability to create the die and stamp it out.  I think this may be one of those issues we look back on and shake our head in disbelief (even at the new price)

10 hours ago, Taikonaut said:

Is it only this Waterloo Medal GE series that gone up in price?

If I return my coin will I get a refund at the new price?

I love how you think. 😆

You get points for creative thinking. 

19 hours ago, Taikonaut said:

Is it only this Waterloo Medal GE series that gone up in price?

If I return my coin will I get a refund at the new price?

Looks like it’s an annual increase this new series seems more expensive 

IMG_5439.png

Not a 50p fan usually.. but I liked the coloured version. Didn’t buy obv but I still liked it.  

expected the price hike😢. Think the GE’s will be my last series tbh. (Sovereigns excepted obvs) 

Aaaahhh😉

On 03/07/2024 at 04:39, Steve66 said:

Good point i didn’t think of that 

Dont worry.  By 2025 you’ll be in the sunlit uplands promised by the new Government and will be rich as Croesus 🤣

Aaaahhh😉

3 hours ago, Agaupl said:

My 5oz made it to Australia.. finally. Very impressed and coin looks perfect. It had an extra QA slip with I’ve not seen before. Either way I’m so glad It’s in good nick this time. 
what a stunning design. 

IMG_6813.jpeg

Still waiting for mine. What extra QA slip?

7 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Well my luck is just sh!t because I received my 5oz silver today and need to send it back.

There’s a weird gash on the obverse and a tiny bit of missing frosting on KC III’s portrait too. ☹️

Maybe this is where the extra QA slip came from? 🤣

That's annoying though, especially when you have to send it back to the other side of the world.