• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gazette Proclamation - Waterloo Medal (Great Engravers 2-coin set?)

14 minutes ago, cjbcomm said:

How is the detail on the smaller coin? Was concerned the design would not show up so well

Can’t see any faults 

1 minute ago, Simmoleon said:

Utterly stunning, deep strike and the detail is ridiculous. This is a 5oz 

IMG_4921.jpeg

IMG_4923.jpeg

IMG_4922.jpeg

IMG_4924.jpeg

Europe is only happy when it can all gang up on one nation 🤣

Aaaahhh😉

12 minutes ago, Simmoleon said:

Utterly stunning, deep strike and the detail is ridiculous. This is a 5oz 

IMG_4921.jpeg

IMG_4923.jpeg

IMG_4922.jpeg

IMG_4924.jpeg

That would look so much better if you didn’t have to photograph through 1/4 inch of plastic. Tis a bit silly why it’s in those capsules tbh

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

On 24/06/2024 at 10:40, Paul said:

Thanks Lionel I've got a watch on it 😁 

Shall we bid it up to £50k today to help  ;) ??  👼

The 2 oz gold Una was definitely the coin to have in the series, and did not lost its luster and not fading at all 

the PF69 sold today a&t the CC auction for £39000 +21,6% ! (£47424)

https://auctions.thecoincabinet.com/lots/view/4-DVW57G/2019-gold-200-pounds-2-oz-una-and-the-lion-proof-ngc-pf-69-ultra-cameo-box-coa

Edited by Frenchie

Doubt I’m getting my graded but will be interesting to see how the graders score these - the strike is so deep I suspect it’ll be tough to get a perfect strike and I hope they grade these accordingly and not start going for less than 70s for any minor imperfection. It really is a good job from RM, this and the St George is making me think we are back in the good days 😀

29 minutes ago, cjbcomm said:

How is the detail on the smaller coin? Was concerned the design would not show up so well

I’d love to see this on one of those 1/40 oz. gold coins - equipped with a high powered microscope!

7 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

The 2 oz gold Una was definitely the coin to have in the series, and did not lost its luster and not fading at all 

https://auctions.thecoincabinet.com/lots/view/4-DVW57G/2019-gold-200-pounds-2-oz-una-and-the-lion-proof-ngc-pf-69-ultra-cameo-box-coa

The 3 G is second but way behind...The 5oz and 10oz weight are losers (no even one bid for the 3G 10oz at £25000)

The GCs are also fading away except the 2oz gold plain edge

I don't know for the Pistrucci St Georges or the Waterloo ... but I don't think they will be as iconic as Unas

Edited by Frenchie

4 minutes ago, JeffM said:

I’d love to see this on one of those 1/40 oz. gold coins - equipped with a high powered microscope!

Even on a 1oz gold it would be ruined 

Aaaahhh😉

6 minutes ago, Simmoleon said:

Doubt I’m getting my graded but will be interesting to see how the graders score these - the strike is so deep I suspect it’ll be tough to get a perfect strike and I hope they grade these accordingly and not start going for less than 70s for any minor imperfection. It really is a good job from RM, this and the St George is making me think we are back in the good days 😀

My 5oz G&D was awful on the rim lettering. But perfect elsewhere. So if they stay away from that then maybe. 

Aaaahhh😉

5 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

My 5oz G&D was awful on the rim lettering. But perfect elsewhere. So if they stay away from that then maybe. 

Yep, they haven’t remastered rim lettering - I felt sorry for them in terms of the lettering as at least they tried something different. The issue is, this is a premium product for them so it has to be perfect (or very close to). I assume they must of tested it before trying to do rim lettering again but it doesn’t mass produce well and it was too late to change both the engraver coins (Simon/St George) as I seen some horrific examples on here 

4 minutes ago, Simmoleon said:

Yep, they haven’t remastered rim lettering - I felt sorry for them in terms of the lettering as at least they tried something different. The issue is, this is a premium product for them so it has to be perfect (or very close to). I assume they must of tested it before trying to do rim lettering again but it doesn’t mass produce well and it was too late to change both the engraver coins (Simon/St George) as I seen some horrific examples on here 

I’d have thought the Simon was enough .. but clearly not 

Aaaahhh😉

1 hour ago, Frenchie said:

Strong bidding for that in a 69 today.  I predicted to myself it wouldn't stumble very much past £25,000 given the +18% BP to add on top  

I was wrong :( (in a nice way :) ) 

Just now, Paul said:

Strong bidding for that in a 69 today.  I predicted to myself it wouldn't stumble very much past £25,000 given the +18% BP to add on top  

I was wrong :( (in a nice way :) ) 

I wish I’d had the b—-s to buy at least one gold Una back in the day.

£4,000, or whatever it was, seems cheap now.

Guess the old saying is true… you need money to mint money.

At that time, I took my chance to buy 4 silver Una and 1 gold...did not know if it was reasonnable and I was really worried when ordering

Having sold 3 of my silver 2oz Una, I am smiling as my remaining 2oz silver and 2oz gold Unas are free+ an hefty nice balance ...luck was on my side that time

As we say in France, "la chance sourit aux audacieux" (luck favors the brave).

2 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

At that time, I took my chance to buy 4 silver Una and 1 gold...did not know if it was reasonnable and I was really worried when ordering

Having sold 3 of my silver 2oz Una, I am smiling as my remaining 2oz silver and 2oz gold Unas are free+ an hefty nice balance ...luck was on my side that time

Frenchie doesn’t want to talk about the Waterloo medal .. ? Just the previous ? Why?🤣🤣

Aaaahhh😉

21 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

I love these kinds of stories.

Yeah it’s true. “Fortune favours the brave.” It’s one of the English counterparts of your French saying.

Bravo! 👏🏽 

22 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

Frenchie doesn’t want to talk about the Waterloo medal .. ? Just the previous ? Why?🤣🤣

My posts was just a comment about the last Una sold today on auction and the amazing reward we got as early owners

The Waterloo is really a beautiful coin and this will be definitvely a nice set. I am just talking about investment opportunities  

Edited by Frenchie