• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

NEW St. George and the Dragon coin with Garter inscription

49 minutes ago, Alz111 said:

Ok this is my opinion on these GE coins, I’ve seen several posts people asking for the 2oz gold personally I think this is the winner long term could easily go over £20k and the silver 2oz again long term the prices will increase as they have sold out.

I am regretting not buying the 2oz gold now. 

So aside from Una and the Lion, this could be the dark horse of the GE series. It’s apt. 😀

Meanwhile, I’m wanting the 5oz silver. Offers welcome. 

1 hour ago, Petra said:

🤔😮great ‘problems’ for some of you! Think I’ll just concentrate on the usual small gold and occasional full sovereign as a treat🤔😮😂😂

Dud you get any GE gold or silver coin be it una or this coin? 

2 minutes ago, tpcob303 said:

Dud you get any GE gold or silver coin be it una or this coin? 

🤔😂no, but, particularly the latest one does look good🤔😮

4 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Got 5's and 10's incoming but I'm waiting for the market to mature a little.    If this does take off the biggest winners will be the ones with the 2oz silvers as there's  more times x potential then even the gold.   

I will be grading batches of these so if thats your thing just let me know.   

How’s it going to look in the slabs with the edge lettering Dave? 

Aaaahhh😉

24 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

PCGS might be the way to go if you want to see the edge lettering until ngc come up with a way to show 2oz GE edges especially for the plain edge gold, Petition crown and this latest release edge lettering otherwise its going to be the same old problem of bring hidden by the coin holder within the slab. 

1 minute ago, tpcob303 said:

PCGS might be the way to go if you want to see the edge lettering until ngc come up with a way to show 2oz GE edges especially for the plain edge gold, Petition crown and this latest release edge lettering otherwise its going to be the same old problem of bring hidden by the coin holder within the slab. 

I thought NGC had already solved this?

29 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

Just gone stuff it in sideways......🤣  In all seriousness I've asked the NGC to put them in the Air-View slabs, but I can not specify this and they decide.....which is a pain and I'm pressing them again so If I hear anything I will let you know.   

The 5 and 10's silvers will 99% be in the air-view slabs like all others 

35 minutes ago, DdraigAur said:

Would anyone take a guess at how many of the total mintage of 2oz gold owners are on here? Both public and private. 10%? 20%? 

Not me 😞 booooooo ! 

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

People who want to make a profit want the low mintage numbers. People who simply want to be able to have the coin appreciate the larger mintage numbers.

I disagree mate and we are allowed to, if coins don’t sell out then “real collectors” don’t want it most of the time. 

2024 proof sovereigns are for real collectors and low mintage and they still haven’t sold out the last time I checked.  And I do think these early proof sovereigns will eventually go the way of early 90 proofs.  

28 minutes ago, Spanishsilver said:

Just curious did anyone on the forum buy the 2oz gold through the royal mint website on launch day. 

I could have because I got through in a flash, without even seeing a queue number.

But quite frankly my balls weren't big enough to take such a plunge!

Well **** me after moaning the other day about my account manager not even offering me a 2oz gold 

she’s only just gone and made my day by calling and offering me first dibs on a 2oz gold 🎯🥳

I think it would be rude not to take it after all the complaining 😆

1 minute ago, Spanishsilver said:

Well **** me after moaning the other day about my account manager not even offering me a 2oz gold 

she’s only just gone and made my day by calling and offering me first dibs on a 2oz gold 🎯🥳

I think it would be rude not to take it after all the complaining 😆

Make sure you're sure. You don't want to go into this unsure. Try and be as sure as sure can be.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip