• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint Marque Only Release - Tue 29th Aug

Oldham25

23 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

Yeah but I spent money(got gold at least) .. and they never delivered. I still got struck with the ID requirements though and I was an eligible member for a good while before they registered it. I’ve asked the question of my advisor if these sets are available.  Let’s see what happens. Tbh I have spent enough over there last few years and I was all in buying from RM. but the service sucked. I was a very placid, willing customer and they still managed to alienate me so now I buy elsewhere .. and don’t get these releases 🤣

Moaning and complaining to ms Jessop at the top directly got me my account manager.

And to be very fair she replied personally within 20mins of my email and the right folk rang to resolve my moans. 

9 minutes ago, Paul said:

Moaning and complaining to ms Jessop at the top directly got me my account manager.

And to be very fair she replied personally within 20mins of my email and the right folk rang to resolve my moans. 

I have a semi accountant manager ..: maybe I should talk to Annie 🤣

Aaaahhh😉

2 hours ago, TheShinyStuff said:

The ones in the images are all absolutely identical...

Not true, one is crowned - just realised you mean the signatures. 

Edited by Oldham25

6 minutes ago, Oldham25 said:

Yes, I took a gold and a silver 

May I ask is this for personal collection only or resale. The gold especially at this time is a (edit: almost) guaranteed short time loss. Despite them being nice coins 

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

4 hours ago, Agaupl said:

Thanks to @Oldham25 for bringing up the topic…it’s been a good discussion. . as OP are you partaking today ? 

Yes, I purchased a gold and a silver set

9 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

May I ask is this for personal collection only or resale. The gold especially at this time is a (edit: almost) guaranteed short time loss. Despite them being nice coins 

To pass onto my children in the future 

Edited by Oldham25

3 minutes ago, Oldham25 said:

Yes, gold and silver 

I went for the silver set only. 

The gold set just a wee bit too dear and not that exclusive when we take apart it.

Commonish gold proof coins, that were or aren't that particularly popular if we are totally honest

50 years time I'm sure they'll be desired and in heritage platinum premium sale.

But I'll be dead then :( boooooooo

40 minutes ago, Paul said:

I went for the silver set only. 

The gold set just a wee bit too dear and not that exclusive when we take apart it.

Commonish gold proof coins, that were or aren't that particularly popular if we are totally honest

50 years time I'm sure they'll be desired and in heritage platinum premium sale.

But I'll be dead then :( boooooooo

That's what I'm counting on, worth more in the future for my children, although you never know short term what will happen with their value 

9 minutes ago, Oldham25 said:

That's what I'm counting on, worth more in the future for my children, although you never know short term what will happen with their value 

@Paul he’s counting on you being dead !   Sorry bad joke. Long term I think you’ll be happy @Oldham25

Aaaahhh😉

14 minutes ago, MrStacker said:

So how much does one need to spend at the RM on a yearly basis to get into the "club" ?

It’s clear on the rm website. Or it used to be.  £10k plus for premium the last i saw.  But ordering and receiving have been two different things ime. 

Aaaahhh😉

41 minutes ago, MrStacker said:

Thanks for the information. I rarely purchase directly from the RM so was curious to know and I haven't entered the proof game as of yet. I do like those 2 sets. The silver one seems "sensibly" priced by RM compared to their previous limited edition sets.

As these are graded and signed I fancied a silver set myself but i couldn't find them on the site as I'm not a paid up member of the club and won't be anytime soon. I've learnt my lesson with RM proof quality 'hokey kokey' 

19 hours ago, MrStacker said:

So how much does one need to spend at the RM on a yearly basis to get into the "club" ?

19 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

https://www.royalmint.com/mintmarque/consumer/

Entry level is £5k a year. 

I called them as I've spent a lot more than that, they said they would be in touch...they never bothered, tried again and got the same result again.

If anybody gets a spare silver set I would be very interested. 

16 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

I called them as I've spent a lot more than that, they said they would be in touch...they never bothered, tried again and got the same result again.

mintmarque@royalmint.com is the generic email pot to email them direct on, rather than speaking with general customer services

In due course you have a personal account manager assigned to you 

Hope it helps 

21 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

As Paul said, sometimes it’s just a case of pushing a bit. You have to remember that the entry level is £5-10k and anyone buying a five coin gold sovereign set once a year qualifies for that in one single purchase. So they will have a lot of account holders and little time - so those that push more will most likely get answer quicker.