• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Cant afford it ? Get some GOLD the easy way, without really trying - EVERYONE CAN DO IT

13 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Im trying to fill this bottle with £1 coins! God its taking ages lol! Going to spend the lot on gold when its full. Either sovs or 1oz QB/Brits. Anyone know how much these bottles can hold?

3E233956-385C-484A-B388-2D043DF027E8.jpeg

They hold loads, im going to guess over 2000!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't use cash much these days. A couple of times a week I check what I have left in my pockets and find a matching amount on the chart, so my completion is all over the place. From last count I had about £50 in there, but pay day tomorrow and I'm ditching cards for a month to see how I get on with only cash. I hope to double the 'ticks' by xmas.

• 1 year later...
On 23/11/2016 at 05:17, jayboat said:

@HelpingHands

Thanks for taking the time to post. You have just reminded that i have a few of these George Best and plastic northern bank fivers. Had a quick check on ebay also, seen them selling from £22-£42. It has a safe house in my 365 challenge tin for the next 10 months then i'll sell it to a guy in work who collects old notes. 

Holy thread resurrection!

I was just looking through my box of collectibles and remembered that I had one of those plastic Northern Bank fivers that are printed longways.  I used to work in a cash processing centre for a major high street bank and saw them occasionally.  That was where mine came from as I'd never seen one before and swapped it for a normal note.  Looking at the prices they go for on Ebay now (2 recent sales of £30) I wish I'd kept every one of them that came in to us!  When I last looked at the prices on Ebay some years ago they didn't seem to be going for much more than face value but looks like they're becoming collectable now. :)

Archived