• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - See a deal, post here :)

morezone
Message added by ChrisSilver

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Martlet said:

They'd be losing money on them at current gold prices, so doubt they'll honor a sale.

Not necessarily, they probably bought a load when spot was less. They've had ample opportunity to pull the sale if they were buying at current gold price.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

I cancelled my order with them, waited weeks to be told they needed to do a credit check before sending my coins out even though I wanted to pay for them, something didn’t seem right when I spoke to them on the phone, I reckon once you’ve done credit check they will prob send you new releases as and when it suits them like a catalogue or subscription club 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Bdean316 said:

Yes I have although only dealt with the owner directly via facebook rather than website ordering

1 hour ago, Bdean316 said:

Thanks - assume all trustworthy etc?  Only ask as the price is a good one 🙂

Yeah everything went fine for me, and it was a very expensive coin. Kohsuke is the name of the owner. 

1775 George III Gold Spade Guinea

is coming up for auction on Monday 14th January

It is in worn condition, weighs 8.18 gm and the seller expects it to fetch between £250 - £320

It will  be auctioned by Drakes Auctions via easyliveauction.com

Photos of the coin will be available on Drakes Auctions facebook page by the end of business hours today

(I know about it and am promoting it because Drakes Auctions is my brothers business, and i won't be bidding cos I've spent enough on metals already this month.

Commission is usually 15% but they're always prepared to give a discount when it comes to PMs, if you give them a call in advance on 01822 616992 you should be able to arrange this and leave a phone bid if your interested. Given its condition £320 is a fair price, but there could be a bargain to be had if it goes for less.)

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 13:20, EdNug said:

1775 George III Gold Spade Guinea

is coming up for auction on Monday 14th January

It is in worn condition, weighs 8.18 gm and the seller expects it to fetch between £250 - £320

It will  be auctioned by Drakes Auctions via easyliveauction.com

Photos of the coin will be available on Drakes Auctions facebook page by the end of business hours today

(I know about it and am promoting it because Drakes Auctions is my brothers business, and i won't be bidding cos I've spent enough on metals already this month.

Commission is usually 15% but they're always prepared to give a discount when it comes to PMs, if you give them a call in advance on 01822 616992 you should be able to arrange this and leave a phone bid if your interested. Given its condition £320 is a fair price, but there could be a bargain to be had if it goes for less.)

If it is the one I think then the catalogue is now up on easylive (est £280-350).  The picture doesn't look like a Spade Guinea to me though.  More like a normal one - I don't know if that makes it more or less valuable.  Of course it is a year too early to attract the US buyers.

46 minutes ago, Seasider said:

The picture doesn't look like a Spade Guinea to me though.  More like a normal one - I don't know if that makes it more or less valuable.

Nobody at the auction is a gold expert but they were told by the seller (who I'm told is pretty good with gold and a trusted customer) that it was a 'Spade Guinea', I just had to search for the definition to find out what the difference is.

At time of writing there have been no bids left on it yet

29 minutes ago, EdNug said:

Nobody at the auction is a gold expert but they were told by the seller (who I'm told is pretty good with gold and a trusted customer) that it was a 'Spade Guinea', I just had to search for the definition to find out what the difference is.

I am no expert either.  I just happen to have one of those Spade Guinea gambling tokens.  Personally I think the normal shield looks a lot better than the Spade but the term Spade Guinea has a certain cachet.  Still you might want to suggest to your brother that he drop the Spade from the description.

1 hour ago, EdNug said:

Only guineas issued in 1775 were crowned shield, George III 4th Laureate head and the one in the photo is that type. Spade reverse started in 1787

14 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Only guineas issued in 1775 were crowned shield, George III 4th Laureate head and the one in the photo is that type. Spade reverse started in 1787

Many thanks to those commenting on this, I have advised that the listing be changed and it will be done before the auction starts

3 minutes ago, EdNug said:

Many thanks to those commenting on this, I have advised that the listing be changed and it will be done before the auction starts

A nice picture of the obverse would be useful too. 😊

Will they post coins at a reasonable cost?

1 minute ago, sovereignsteve said:

A nice picture of the obverse would be useful too. 😊

Will they post coins at a reasonable cost?

I'm on it! Will make sure they upload a photo of the obverse and find out postage costs - it will be done thru Royal Mail so no courier hassles involved

@Seasider @sovereignsteve The word 'Spade' has been dropped from the title listing and a photo of the obverse will be uploaded imminently, if it hasn't been already. Overheads will be as follows: Commission works out at 18% inc VAT (no VAT on the coin but VAT has to be paid on the commission) and 1st class RM tracked and insured special delivery will be a maximum of £8.99. Buyers commission is not negotiable on this coin because they are selling it commission free for the vendor. That's works out at maximum overheads for the buyer but factor it into the costs and you can work your max bid price out from there. I can also confirm that no bids have been left on the books yet and nobody has asked to look at the coin after the first viewing, which ended at noon today. Thanks again for showing interest, and best of luck if you decide to bid on it

Lol, that is £150 for the presentation box and a piece of paper.....where do I sign up ?🤫

Would be interested to find out from anyone how the bullion sovereign offer pans out.....they may only have 1 sovereign and after that nada, using it as a marketing ploy....who knows ? The fact that they say chance to “reserve” a 2019 sovereign......

2 hours ago, Bdean316 said:

Anyone selling 4 silver 1oz bullion for £200 must be dodgy

https://harringtonandbyrne.co.uk/silver-coins/2018-silver-coins-of-the-world.html

not dodgy. smart operators; they know their prey and it isn't anyone on here😉

Archived