• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

A good deal?

The question you need to ask how much did you pay for per brit?

6 minutes ago, TommyTwoShots said:

Hi forum friends,

I have been offered 9 full sovereigns and 65 quid for 150 silver Brits. Is this a good deal?

many thanks

Sovs  going for about 375 in decent condition but also depends on what they are.....

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Getting rid of silver and acquiring more gold bite their arm off. 

But is it a good deal see Bully's answer.

If you paid £15 an Oz for the Brits a few years back then to me it would be a no brainer. 

Consider if you'd be better selling the Brits and then just buying sovs from a dealer with the proceeds. Maybe you'd be a bit better off £ wise with some additional work on your part 

26 minutes ago, TommyTwoShots said:

Hi forum friends,

I have been offered 9 full sovereigns and 65 quid for 150 silver Brits. Is this a good deal?

many thanks

No mate, Brits are going for £24 so the cost is essentially £3665, over £407 per sovereign

You can sell your Brits on here for £24, buy 9 sovereigns for £380 and have a chunk of change

4 minutes ago, Orpster said:

No mate, Brits are going for £24 so the cost is essentially £3665, over £407 per sovereign

You can sell your Brits on here for £24, buy 9 sovereigns for £380 and have a chunk of change

Think guy with sovs is adding the 65

So working out at 392 per sov?

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

1 minute ago, Happypanda88 said:

So let's do some maths for private sales (this is how I understand the trade ) :-

9 x sovereigns (@£375 each) plus £65 cash =£3,440

150 x Silver Brits (@£23 each) =£3.450.

Seems like a fair exchange at today's prices if you're trading on the forum.

Not seen a Brit at £23 for a while now, not since the bottom of the recent dip

Is a very close call on this one though if the chap is the one handing over the cash with the sovereigns.

What year are the Brits @TommyTwoShots?

£371.71 x 5 + 5 = £3410

3410/150 = 22.73 per brit 

Edited by ArgentSmith

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

Just now, Bigmarc said:

I would take the deal as long as it didn't leave me silverless. If loosing 150 Britt's for gold and still leaving you with a nice balance then I would take it. 

mind you Gold just has been monkey hammered today!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

7 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

mind you Gold just has been monkey hammered today!

Also sovereigns seem to be back in stock everywhere. I've just woken up, have I missed something, has the war ended?

Looks like the £ must have gone up, because gold isn't down against the USD and both gold and silver have gone down. 

Edit: forget I said that.  Looks like gold is down against the USD as well.

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

17 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

Also sovereigns seem to be back in stock everywhere. I've just woken up, have I missed something, has the war ended?

lol