• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Are proof coins all created equal?

Mphys

I am relatively new to stacking and stack based on silver content not  numismatic values (too many variables for me) but I was wondering in regards to British mints only, are proof coins created equal? I.e. if it isn't a royal mint proof does anyone care? For example I given a proof coin by jublee mint but not sure it carries more value then bullion value.

Edited by RJBALDWIN

2 minutes ago, RJBALDWIN said:

I am relatively new to stacking and stack based on silver content not  numismatic values (too many variables for me) but I was wondering in regards to Bristish mints only, are proof coins created equal? I.e. if it isn't a royal mint proof does anyone care? For example I given a proof coin by jublee mint but not sure it carries more value then bullion value.

People will always want the royal mint version first and they will carry the best premium. 

That being said, if you like a coin from some other mint then buy it ( just don't expect as good a resale value)

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

@LawrenceChard ask your bezza mate barry.... lets hear from him what he says  

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

2 hours ago, RJBALDWIN said:

Are proof coins all created equal?

I am relatively new to stacking and stack based on silver content not  numismatic values (too many variables for me) but I was wondering in regards to British mints only, are proof coins created equal? I.e. if it isn't a royal mint proof does anyone care? For example I given a proof coin by jublee mint but not sure it carries more value then bullion value.

2 hours ago, James32 said:

People will always want the royal mint version first and they will carry the best premium. 

That being said, if you like a coin from some other mint then buy it ( just don't expect as good a resale value)

2 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

@LawrenceChard ask your bezza mate barry.... lets hear from him what he says  

"All men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

...unlees you are black, native America, Hispanic...

And it probably excludes woman because it specifies men.

So, we probably treat it as a very early piece of American fake news or propaganda.

I can safely say that not all proofs are equal, even if they are from the Royal Mint.

Gold proofs, for example, are better than silver proofs, IMO; and you have to pay VAT on silver ones, but not on gold, so you can buy them for closer to their intrinsic metal value.

I'm not surprised someone gave you a Jubilee (so-called) Mint proof. They aren't easy to sell.

If you are buying for value or investment, you are better off buying gold bullion.

Advice Guide for UK Bullion Investors

https://www.chards.co.uk/blog/advice-guide-for-uk-bullion-investors/1041

But is not, just buy what takes your fancy, and you can afford.

Many modern issue proofs in any metal, can often be bought a year later for a fraction of the new price.

😎

Chards

3 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

But is not, just buy what takes your fancy,

We are going back to Mrs Slocums pussy here arent we back in the jardin of eden!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

3 hours ago, RJBALDWIN said:

3 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

We are going back to Mrs Slocums pussy here arent we back in the jardin of eden!

Oh, and some members are very down to earth, or possibly just...

... down and dirty!

😎

Chards

The other odd thing about this coin is tge COA that came with it says 925 silver but on the coin it is marked with CM 999 and another mark I can't read. So wi

Wich us it, 925 or 999 :)?

20220918_224913.jpg