• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Unofficial Royal Mint Release Schedule 2022

2 hours ago, paulmerton said:

Wow these actually look pretty cool - and the background helps. 😃

I suppose these will have the KC III obverse since they are 2023 coins?

By the way I can no longer edit my initial post, so there’s no way to update the schedule anymore. 

7 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Wow these actually look pretty cool - and the background helps. 😃

I suppose these will have the KC III obverse since they are 2023 coins?

By the way I can no longer edit my initial post, so there’s no way to update the schedule anymore. 

Queen on back, this is showing on bbc website. 

1 hour ago, NewCoins said:

No, Elizabeth.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-63193924

Not sure if it's today, can't see anything on the RM website.

Edit. Looking back in this thread, looks like it is this morning

Ah thanks. I also see it’s a 2022 coin, so imo it’s quite normal to have QE II’s effigy on the obverse despite her  having passed away.

4 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Ah thanks. I also see it’s a 2022 coin, so imo it’s quite normal to have QE II’s effigy on the obverse despite her  having passed away.

Comments are that the queen was already on the coin and they didn’t want to bin stuff and start again with the king on them

7 minutes ago, Petra said:

Comments are that the queen was already on the coin and they didn’t want to bin stuff and start again with the king on them

That makes sense. I suppose any 2022 coins that bear QE II’s effigy won’t be much of a problem in the grand scheme of things.

I suspect now (as others have previously suggested) that the 2023 Britannias too just released were already struck with QE II’s effigy. Which is why starting from 2023 the RM will strike new ones with KC III’s effigy.

It’ll be interesting to see if there are any other 2023 coins with QE II’s effigy.

I like the BBC coin design, apart from the phrase "100 years of our BBC".  That just annoys me, in the same way as when the NHS is described as "our NHS".

It's trying to attribute endowment or ownership of these bodies to private individuals in an attempt to make those individuals value these institutions more (and therefore soften them up for tax or fee increases).  I am wise to that tactic, which is why I dislike the phrases.

1 hour ago, westminstrel said:

There was supposed to be a Snowman and Snowdog 50p with QE II’s effigy (probably around Christmas?)

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/4090073

I'm interested to see what happens with the first Harry Potter 50p, which should also be released soon. Will they also release it with the QEII obverse because they'd already made them, or will they actually remint that one so that it has the same obverse as the other 3 in the series.

6 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I'm interested to see what happens with the first Harry Potter 50p, which should also be released soon. Will they also release it with the QEII obverse because they'd already made them, or will they actually remint that one so that it has the same obverse as the other 3 in the series.

Interesting. I wonder if they’ll care that much about consistency as there are other series which will have different obverses too - namely, the Tudor Beasts and British Monarchs. 

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

Ive freed up a space - ill wait for the one with the Jimmy Saville privy mark instead 

BBC = " INFORM EDUCATE AND ENTERTAIN " i would seriously query those three statements to be factually correct 

Dictate, brainwash, and molester?