• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Unofficial Royal Mint Release Schedule 2022

3 hours ago, paulmerton said:

Sounds like torture to me...

Trek all the way to Llantrisant, then have to pay extra to strike your own Pooh coin! 😲 - we're all used to the Royal Mint striking our Poo coins for us - especially the Proof ones lately... 🤭 😂

10 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

Sounds like torture to me...

Trek all the way to Llantrisant, then have to pay extra to strike your own Pooh coin! 😲 - we're all used to the Royal Mint striking our Poo coins for us - especially the Proof ones lately... 🤭 😂

It's the same old coin as the regular buncs to be fair, it's all about the packaging.

e.g (different coin obviously)...

IMG_20220206_183237.thumb.jpg.30c64269736bf2327a7e54cde9c63571.jpg

1 minute ago, paulmerton said:

It's the same old coin as the regular buncs to be fair, it's all about the packaging.

e.g (different coin obviously)...

IMG_20220206_183237.thumb.jpg.30c64269736bf2327a7e54cde9c63571.jpg

I was questioning the Quality of RM's Proofs, rather than knocking the 'Strike your Own" coins 😏 👍

I'd actually quite like to visit the Mint, but not having a car would mean it would be prohibitively expensive to get there & back - and the way the trains have been lately, would probably need to involve a stop-over .

Maybe one day...

9 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

I was questioning the Quality of RM's Proofs, rather than knocking the 'Strike your Own" coins 😏 👍

I'd actually quite like to visit the Mint, but not having a car would mean it would be prohibitively expensive to get there & back - and the way the trains have been lately, would probably need to involve a stop-over .

Maybe one day...

looked into these car clubs?  might be worthwhile and prob cheaper than renting.   and far easier than public transport!

cardiff is not too bad for a long weekend especially if you are into the rugby - not 6 nations as its mental getting a ticket and accomodation - but united rugby championship.

6 hours ago, westminstrel said:

<snip>...

In any case, it looks like the 2022 Piedfort Sovereign and £5 BU will be released this Thursday 25 August 2022

Another RM release I'll miss out on.... bugger! 🙄

One of these days I'll have some PM funds just when they release something tasty - hey ho... 🤷‍♂️

13 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

Another RM release I'll miss out on.... bugger! 🙄

One of these days I'll have some PM funds just when they release something tasty - hey ho... 🤷‍♂️

Maybe that Royal Mint credit account thing might be a solution? Don’t know exactly how it works, but maybe worth checking.

I can see this being a coin that really appreciates in value because of the special reverse plus double thickness. I doubt you’ll ever get it at issue price in future.

4 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Maybe that Royal Mint credit account thing might be a solution? Don’t know exactly how it works, but maybe worth checking.

I can see this being a coin that really appreciates in value because of the special reverse plus double thickness. I doubt you’ll ever get it at issue price in future.

Yeah, not gonna be an option... credit record is none existent!  🙄 - but at least I don't owe anyone 😏

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

I don't remember seeing a proclamation for a Medusa coin!

This looks to be lazy design with no imagination.

The illustration is from the first book.

(So I'm told... my extent of knowledge comes only from a few Harry Potter LEGO sets and being forced to watch the movies)

Edited by paulmerton

It's difficult for me to see past any other interpretation of Harry Potter than Daniel Radcliffe's image.

I like that the privy mark switches from a lightening bolt to a 25, nice touch.

The Royal Mint have really gone to town with the denominations, I guess they are trying to appeal to all ages with this release.

I'm interested to see the Hogwarts Express design not so much the Dumbledore and Hogwarts ones.

2 hours ago, paulmerton said:

The illustration is from the first book.

(So I'm told... my extent of knowledge comes only from a few Harry Potter LEGO sets and being forced to watch the movies)

They did good, taking the illustration from the first book.

Also glad, i'm not the only one, beeing forced to watch the movies and get the Lego sets. My little daughter has run through the house, dressed as Hermine, until two years ago. At least you could skip the Chibi coins😄

On 09/09/2022 at 09:09, paulmerton said:

At least one news outlet wasn't paying attention to its own news...

680114902_Screenshot_2022-09-09-09-06-50-467_com.discord2.thumb.jpg.1491a9b5ade4d8f32b8f041a59081edc.jpg

The circular bits are holograms.

Is that supposed to look like Harry Potter?

It looks more like Moaning Myrtle to be honest.

• 4 weeks later...