• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Unofficial Royal Mint Release Schedule 2022

On 24/07/2022 at 23:07, Zhorro said:

But why can't the RM produce a schedule of releases like the US Mint?

https://catalog.usmint.gov/product-schedule/2022/

I suspect the element of surprise is part of their marketing strategy (although I see its effectiveness waning as the RM increases the number of their releases).

5 hours ago, AgCoyote said:

Is there going to be a bullion Valiant this year? I love the coin and would hate to see it go.

I think that it is a great coin, however, you never see any on the secondary market. People obviously love them too much to sell!

On 11/08/2022 at 00:37, Petra said:

I think that it is a great coin, however, you never see any on the secondary market. People obviously love them too much to sell!

One would think the RM would realize this. The Valiant is clearly superior to the Royal Arms coin and it's not particularly close.

32 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Updated the original post to add release info about the Harry Potter coin.

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/harry-potter

It seems to read that the design is being revealed at 7pm on 8th September, but it doesn't say that this is when the coin is being released.

2 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Updated the original post to add release info about the Harry Potter coin.

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/harry-potter

2 hours ago, Zhorro said:

It seems to read that the design is being revealed at 7pm on 8th September, but it doesn't say that this is when the coin is being released.

28 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

🤔 my guess would be 9am on Monday the 12th September...? 🤷‍♂️

10 minutes ago, ak74 said:

I like the mouse cursor follower on that page 😀

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/4083338

2oz gold - 1/4 oz gold - 50p gold and "yadda yadda . . . .other none gold stuff" available for the common peasants ;) 

I wonder what mintage will be on the 2oz gold ????

16 minutes ago, ak74 said:

I like the mouse cursor follower on that page 😀

Very novel! 🙂

2oz Gold could be good - if they don't mint too many... Would want a 50p of some description, to keep the collection going, and a 1/4 oz gold might be nice, if they're not stupidly priced...🤔

Edited by Scootermuppet
spellings

4 hours ago, Zhorro said:

Oh indeed there’s a nuance I seem to have missed.

Does anyone remember if when they had a launch event for the Tudor Beasts series at Hampton Court any coins were available for sale on location?

Edited by westminstrel

7 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

It’s the final coin in the Winnie the Poo series.

Good shout. That would also fit in with something I heard a few weeks ago about the next SYO probably going to be the most popular ones by far! I was hoping that was going to mean Harry Potter, but it's too soon for that.