• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What's the coin?

On 11/05/2022 at 15:57, TheShinyStuff said:

A few weeks ago a jewellers in Glasgow looked me straight in the eye and asked £40 (yes, forty) quid each for manky silver Brits. It cracks me up just thinking about it!!😀

a small one in the arcade or one just off george sq?

The one off George sq offered me any of his 1oz at £36 yesterday.

1 hour ago, TheShinyStuff said:

The Argyle arcade, yes. You a weegie as well?

yup.   never been in the shop as it was either closed or full, but did wonder how much he was charging. The ones in the window looked in quite good nick though.  suppose he has to pay that rent somehow!  but still, ouch.

if it was 30-33 it might be worth it for a couple of coins a month or an impulse buy as you passed by saving on postage but not that.

Edited by bluffer

3 minutes ago, bluffer said:

yup.   never been in the shop as it was either closed or full, but did wonder how much he was charging.   suppose he has to pay that rent somehow!  but still, ouch.

if it was 30-33 it might be worth it for a couple of coins a month or an impulse buy as you passed by saving on postage but not that.

Yes, I'd probably have paid maybe 30 quid to do my bit for bricks amprtar business, but I'm not putting his kids through private school!

Have you ever seen the shop off George Square on St Vincent St open? Always has the shutters closed when I see it.

Just now, TheShinyStuff said:

Yes, I'd probably have paid maybe 30 quid to do my bit for bricks amprtar business, but I'm not putting his kids through private school!

Have you ever seen the shop off George Square on St Vincent St open? Always has the shutters closed when I see it.

yes. although i think he opens when he feels it more than the opening hours advertised. but hes been there for years and years. his web site is never updated though, so you cant rely on anything listed being actually near what he has in the shop or the prices.  And he is really a jewellers with coins on the side rather than even half and half.

this week - on display inside - he had maybe 15ish 1ozs of various mints, a few 1oz rounds, couple of bars and maybe 30 sovereigns of various sizes.   so not a huge range. he might have more in the back though. think he is more competitive on the older sovereigns from my limited experience?