• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Royal Mint Bullion

7 minutes ago, Ash1984 said:

The potential release of the 1/10 oz silver Brittania says it all. Whoever had that idea needs sacking, premium, VAT, etc will ensure it's a poor selling item.

It's not a new idea, they've been selling them since 2020.

The earlier releases of the tenth and quarter silver Brits sold out pretty much within a day or two of being listed (to the point where i had to purchase them from the States, at considerably less than the RM price - but that's another story). I've noticed that later years have remained available indefinitely (2023 still available)... Will be interesting to watch after-market sales of these for various year premiums.

Either mintages have drastically increased or interest dropped off a cliff when it became obvious they would be a staple RM product rather than a short term novelty.

Either way, the RM appear to have not read the market for these. 

10 hours ago, Ash1984 said:

The potential release of the 1/10 oz silver Brittania says it all. Whoever had that idea needs sacking, premium, VAT, etc will ensure it's a poor selling item.

Just to clarify on this, the 1/4oz and 1/10oz silver Brits are VERY popular items. Not for me with the premiums involved, but they sell very well.

Disclosure - I work in the precious metals industry, however this is my personal account and all opinions are my own.

4 hours ago, TeaTime said:

The earlier releases of the tenth and quarter silver Brits sold out pretty much within a day or two of being listed (to the point where i had to purchase them from the States, at considerably less than the RM price - but that's another story). I've noticed that later years have remained available indefinitely (2023 still available)... Will be interesting to watch after-market sales of these for various year premiums.

Either mintages have drastically increased or interest dropped off a cliff when it became obvious they would be a staple RM product rather than a short term novelty.

Either way, the RM appear to have not read the market for these. 

Or they are back filling spare machinery capacity now general coin manufacture is decreasing.

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

Great link. Interesting read for sure and I cry that I didn't get more back in 2014 lol

Am I going blind or is this incorrect:

Dates are mixed up and trust them to use the fugly TB Lion instead of the beautiful QB Lion of England. Surprised about the Lion of Mortimer being the most popular but given that was released during covid that might also be a factor but who reall knows..

scnt1.png

4 hours ago, Mtaybar said:

Just coming yo post yhe same thing lol 

Screenshot_20240914_161032_Yahoo Mail.jpg

ABOUT bld y time! I really really hope they get this one right.

I think it's just the proof Panther for now FYI, haven't heard anything on bullion yet.

Disclosure - I work in the precious metals industry, however this is my personal account and all opinions are my own.

13 hours ago, MrStacker said:

Great link. Interesting read for sure and I cry that I didn't get more back in 2014 lol

Am I going blind or is this incorrect:

Dates are mixed up and trust them to use the fugly TB Lion instead of the beautiful QB Lion of England. Surprised about the Lion of Mortimer being the most popular but given that was released during covid that might also be a factor but who reall knows..

scnt1.png

Typical royal mint using a picture from a different line of coins, they really don't care.

I think the Lion was probably most popular as people got behind the queen's beast late and were playing catch up.