• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Any thoughts on this bit of news?

matrawr

We've all heard of jp Morgan one of the oh so influential financial institutions in the world and seems to me like one of the most believable articles I've read or am I just being gullible? But buying so much and all the while not having much of an effect on silver price is quite mind boggling what do you guys think?  http://www.commoditytrademantra.com/silver-trading-news/jpmorgans-stockpile-of-physical-silver-guarantees-higher-silver-prices-ahead/

if jp morgan is so confident in silver, would it not be

more profitable buying leveraged silver mining stocks?

I'm not so convinced about data on stocks already

bought. isn't the next thing for jp morgan to do is to

find buyers for all that silver?

HH

3 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

HH

@HawkHybrid Where are you typing posts from? you're getting really annoying line endings, and the line spacing on the forum makes for a very confusing read!

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

I like the posting format its like his signature, you know your reading a HH post when you have to look at 8 lines of text to read 2 sentences :P

JP Morgan buying up physical is interesting, looks like insurance policy more than speculative because there is not leverage or counter party?

1 hour ago, HawkHybrid said:

HH

I'm sure some other institution would buy from them or a private investor with that amount of money but then they may not want to offload it all at the same time just like they bought they could gradually sell it.

I think it's more likely that they have at least part of it

allocated to protecting some of their short positions

or have bought it on behalf of a client. selling record

amounts of physical silver takes time and is hard to

conceal to get the best prices.

HH

22 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

I think it's more likely that they have at least part of it

allocated to protecting some of their short positions

or have bought it on behalf of a client. selling record

amounts of physical silver takes time and is hard to

conceal to get the best prices.

HH

So they bought it because they need it? That client could be anyone such as some other influential organisation that's something we may never find out. Then if jp morgan have bought for their own profit you can be quite sure the price of silver will go up but what's going to happen when they sell? Would prices be lower than what they are now?

it's all a bit speculative for me. if they started accumulating since

~2011 aren't they still underwater? not much of a money spinner?

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/may/16/barclays-sell-london-bullion-vault-to-chinese-bank-gold

I'd rather rely on things like the above. you either buy a 2,000 tons

vault to fill it or sell it on. either way implies the chance of higher pm

prices.

HH

Yes I heard about the news doesn't all this point to higher prices? Shouldn't they have continued to increase instead of being choppy. I for one am happy I haven't sold off my stack as I came quite close to doing earlier this month phew!

Imo....Precious metals are a long term investment in human / economic & geo-political failure....we are nearly there again.

The only question is, will digital win over pm's? well if it does it may be short lived in relative terms. 

Go gold go silver or go home B)

49 minutes ago, Vern said:

Imo....Precious metals are a long term investment in human / economic & geo-political failure....we are nearly there again.

The only question is, will digital win over pm's? well if it does it may be short lived in relative terms. 

Go gold go silver or go home B)

Well depends if you hold the physical stuff then long-term is the way to go whereas if you hold the paper then I would guess you could go long or short and silver being silver you could profit either way.

This cloak and dagger stuff always gives me a good chuckle, although I think thank labelling this as "news" is stretching the definitions a bit.

I'm not saying that the article is inaccurate, and I'm sure that JPM have exposure to the mining sector as well as physical, but such articles never give you the full picture of what is going on, and I'm equally sure that there are other players positioning themselves in the shadows that could be the catalyst for what unfolds. 

11 minutes ago, vand said:

This cloak and dagger stuff always gives me a good chuckle, although I think thank labelling this as "news" is stretching the definitions a bit.

I'm not saying that the article is inaccurate, and I'm sure that JPM have exposure to the mining sector as well as physical, but such articles never give you the full picture of what is going on, and I'm equally sure that there are other players positioning themselves in the shadows that could be the catalyst for what unfolds. 

I'm not saying I believe everything I read but worst case scenario it's half truths or withholding certain parts of info thing is someone gains from these articles just a question of who benefits.

Archived