• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver kruggerands

Bigchilli

Compared to 500k kookaburra, 300k perth lunar, 300k koala, the price is unjustified.

Most of the RCM animal and bird series were 1m mintage too, and they were classed and sold as bullion. How much do they sell for now?

Ah, but you get a COA! Do they come in a capsule as well?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

Compared to 500k kookaburra, 300k perth lunar, 300k koala, the price is unjustified.

Most of the RCM animal and bird series were 1m mintage too, and they were classed and sold as bullion. How much do they sell for now?

The silver Krugerrands come in a capsule and with a COA. I have bought and sold one for a Nice little profit. (Some) people are still in the "newbie" fase that they will buy it for a high price meanwhile they will be minted at 1 million. 

I do have to say I'm starting to question if that will even happen. In my opinion African mints are having problems delivering in general so it could be they won't make it till 1 million. On the other hand the year is still young and they will have a lot of time to produce a lot of coins. I really like the coin and I hope the price will drop big time so I can pick a few up for cheap ))

I do like the look of this coin, but how do they expect to sell these at such a premium in such a crowded market. With numerous well-established products and a lot of competition, I think it's optimistic to price "Premium Uncirculated" at US$45 and Proofs around US$60. Whatever sells I don't see them maintaining that premium on the secondary market.

1 minute ago, shortstack68 said:

Isn't that how dealers make money, alternatively, you could save yourself €122 and head directly to the South african mint website and place an order, or at least i hope that's what i've just done :D

I'm all for dealers making money but that's > 200% markup. Would you pay €50 for a bullion kook? :P

Having said that, I really really want it so if that's the price, I will suck it up and give them my money :) 

Just now, shortstack68 said:

http://www.samint.co.za/collectable-coins/current-range/

I just added my details here and ticked the box for silver proof, not sure what happens next though, i won't be paying  €179 but i don't mind €56 on a 15k mintage

Let me know if you get through. I did that a few weeks ago but there doesn't seem to be a very active customer service at the sa mint :D 

With such a high price they've probably been given their allocation quota and is much smaller than expected.  Will be interesting to see how this coin is priced once stocks starting filtering to dealers.

On 2/24/2017 at 15:02, sovereignsteve said:

What good is a CoA on a loose coin?  There is no serial number on the coin to match it too.

32 minutes ago, SilverSniper said:

I meant in general, not just with this coin.

Collectors like 'em. Especially the lower numbered ones. Well worth the extra shekels in my book (extra sarcasm added)

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

On 2/26/2017 at 12:26, Stu said:

Collectors like 'em. Especially the lower numbered ones. Well worth the extra shekels in my book (extra sarcasm added)

I agree to an extent, but my point is the seller cannot prove the particular coin being sold is associated with the CoA.  There is nothing (like a serial number on both coin and CoA) to tie them together.

Just as it took time and attention to detail to produce the #GoldKrugerrand, the minting of each #SilverKrugerrand is no different. We are thrilled to soon-offer Silver Krugerrand coins of the highest quality to our many valued customers. 
Make sure you are signed up at ModernCoinMart.com/Silver-Krugerrand to receive an email notification containing another verified update very soon!

56 minutes ago, SilverSniper said:

I'm more interested now.

Now the serial number makes sense!!  :huh:

Hi

Yes its 1oz coin and 2oz bar total 3oz. Don't know if the coin detaches or not but there is a serial number stamped on the bar to match the COA.

4 hours ago, Bosse68 said:

It´s the same as Panda did a few years back

How did the sale of that go down? Well received?

cheers

There have been a few issued.  I believe they were issued by BH Mayer Mint in Germany (The Panda one was anyway according to the Canadian Mint).

On 07/03/2017 at 00:03, Oystonout said:

How did the sale of that go down? Well received?

No idea how well they went down but you can still find them at dealers.  Unfortunately I don't know the issue price so can't compare.

25th-anniversary-phil-complete-new.jpg

25th-kook-complete.jpg

30th-anniversary-panda-complete.jpg

2016-silver-eagle-coin-bar-obverse.jpg

Archived