• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Binlord of the week on ebay

dicker

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

Best one yet

It's the rare edition, with Tom Watkins on the obverse. He went into coinage after East 17 split up

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

On 11/09/2024 at 20:07, SilverRich said:

That's the only way I can see. I clicked on end listing but it will literally just end the listing so I have no idea what those 2 are talking about. 

God I hate eBay!

I've had similar with electronics like phones/ tablets.

In my experience it's dodgy Africans illegally in this country trying to scam people; and if anybody wants to start waving a race card around I have two crimes logged with the Police. Although I strongly believe that will go nowhere, so short of tooling up and educating them I'm out of pocket.

Long story short, ebay is not worth the aggro with bullion or electronics in my experience. I don't seem to attract the scumbags when selling stamps and model trains though!

Edited by MonkeysUncle

This dude seems to sell a large quantity of coins on eBay, I've just so happened to find 2 fakes. 

Tried to educate them and tell them that they are not right, but I've just been absolutely blasted by them. I hate to see it, most people have been caught with fakes at some point (including myself a few times) it's all educational. 

But with an attitude like this, it is bin lord status. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325895377106?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=x12BFoSmQDq&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=c6toOQ1RRTu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325895378930?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=x12BFoSmQDq&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=c6toOQ1RRTu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

He then proceeds to sent me pictures of 3 real "Google images" coins, rendering his argument null and void. 

He's too busy, but still replies to me. 🤣😢

Screenshot_20240918-115540.png

Screenshot_20240918-121718.png

The lettering on the spider shouldn't be raised. I've got a fake one the same (learned the hard way) even though it's obvious when you get a real and fake one side by side. 

The radial lines (security feature) on the Canadian are too far apart and the queens face doesn't look great. I've never had a fake one of these, but it's quite easy to see when pictured. 

Screenshot_20240918-130104.png

Screenshot_20240918-130153.png

Screenshot_20240918-130115.png

Screenshot_20240918-130140.png

5 minutes ago, CoinCupboard said:

The lettering on the spider shouldn't be raised.

The radial lines (security feature) on the Canadian are too far apart and the queens face doesn't look great. 

Very obvious when pointed out... I quickly eyeballed vs APMEX and missed these.

The face did look a bit off, but the pic was terrible.

Cheers!

1 minute ago, Darr3nG said:

Please learnt about coins before you write messages...

Items will be shipped "first class sing for"

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 minutes ago, SilverRich said:

If you look at the hinge on the box, it has stained with age. It looks legit but will they send anything 🤔 

2 minutes ago, Jake0111 said:

If you look at the hinge on the box, it has stained with age. It looks legit but will they send anything 🤔 

Yeh, did see that but the outside just looks utterly immaculate - Is there a coin box restorer? Anyway, if anyone fancies the risk at £2500 it could be a great buy. 50:50. 

19 minutes ago, SilverRich said:

Yeh, did see that but the outside just looks utterly immaculate - Is there a coin box restorer? Anyway, if anyone fancies the risk at £2500 it could be a great buy. 50:50. 

I have got a 1992 and 1989 half sovereigns with the boxers and I think the older boxers just hold up well to time.

I restore various antique items, you can restore these boxes, though if I did I would have got rid of that pockmarked fabric hiding the hinge on the inside 😅. Not sure I’d ever buy a blurry proof coin though! 

You know why you can’t trust atoms? 

39 minutes ago, Silfrfish said:

I restore various antique items, you can restore these boxes, though if I did I would have got rid of that pockmarked fabric hiding the hinge on the inside 😅. Not sure I’d ever buy a blurry proof coin though! 

You're right, blurry pics seem synonymous with scams/dodgy people but I guess some people just quickly take some pics through the ebay app and upload without checking. 

I've bought from people doing the above and sometimes I've realised they're just 'old'. 

14 minutes ago, SilverRich said:

You're right, blurry pics seem synonymous with scams/dodgy people but I guess some people just quickly take some pics through the ebay app and upload without checking. 

I've bought from people doing the above and sometimes I've realised they're just 'old'. 

Yeah I think you’ve got a good point there, digital photography isn’t for everyone. Anything getting near that price though I’d be making a special effort as presumably they do want to sell the coins 🧐 and with a proof coin premium too! The photo from further away doesn’t look bad 😅

You know why you can’t trust atoms?