• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Cheap Britannias

HighlandTiger

8 hours ago, HighlandTiger said:

Back in stock now. They must be minting them out the back :) 

mmmm may not be far from the truth. getting a little worried now. just how the hell do you re-stock on 2005 and 2001 brits in Denmark on demand? after what this forum has probably just ordered?

if it does work out, there's going to be some depressed prices on ebay soon.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

mmmm may not be far from the truth. getting a little worried now. just how the hell do you re-stock on 2005 and 2001 brits in Denmark on demand? after what this forum has probably just ordered?

We'll have to do a rota, so each of us gets a separate week to sell on ebay. No point flooding the market and getting crap prices. :)

7 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

When mine appear they will be going into my permanent collection, so you ebay flippers will have one less seller to pull the prices down.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

4 hours ago, oliversw5 said:

Put in an order for 7, 1999 coins with specific instructions to refund money if they can't fulfil order. I just liked the design, not a fan of Brits but would happily sit on these for a few years.

The 1999 and 2003 are now sold out.  The silver forum strikes again. 

I think at the prices they were offering it would have been rude not to at least attempt to buy some. Whether or not I get them is another thing though. I don't think I shall be selling them in the near future however who knows, but if I do, I don't have an eBay account.

This offer is just for britts. If I'm going to try to buy, they force me into Euro after I enter Sweden as country and change it to the higher prices.

But If you choose dollar you cant even add them to the cart :P

23 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

Just got my confirmation email. Package is being sent out today.... woooooohooooo!

That's good to know. I assumed you would be the first, having placed your order well before you made your original post.;)

I'll be interested to see what condition these coins are in. I reckon it could go either way; a bit tatty which would explain ther prices or absolute mint having languished in a safe in Denmark for 10 + years.

7 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

I'll be interested to see what condition these coins are in. I reckon it could go either way; a bit tatty which would explain ther prices or absolute mint having languished in a safe in Denmark for 10 + years.

I sent them an email asking the condition of the coins, they replied with " in mint condition supplied in original capsules" 

4 minutes ago, Danny-boy said:

Don't think they came in capsules back then did they?

I wasn't buying brits back then but you do see a fair few of some years in plastic foils, not caps as we know them. They can be quite fragile sometimes, though,with seams that easily split.

Just placed an order for 2x of each of the 1999, 2001, 2005 and 2007 and free delivery amazing! Fingers crossed!

Damn, I couldn't resist this offer but really had to do some rethinking and re-budgeting... 
Bought with no credit card !! Woohoo... But will probably looking at toast + beans at the end of this month...  doh!<_< Nah will do some extra work.

Thanks HT! :) 

@HighlandTiger Those were aftermarket jobs issued by Westminster, they do that with a lot of Bu coins, make a cert up stick them in a capsule & charge more for a Bu coin LOL.

I don't know weather the RM were putting the older coins in capsules or not, they may have if you just bought a few single coins.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Been away for a bit and just saw this thread. I just ordered one of each (minus the 2000 which I already have) as the free shipping is great seeing how far they are going to have to come to get here. Worth a punt to see how it goes and with the yen getting much stronger recently, an easy trigger to pull.

Let's just sit back and see now.

Just put in an order for 1999, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007 - I like the alternate designs, especially 2003 which I think is just amazing.

A great opportunity to add depth to my collection, very exciting, hope this works well for all THE SILVER FORUM members!

Am I right in thinking that there should be no VAT/ customs surprises as these are second hand coins?

Am I right in thinking that there should be no VAT/ customs surprises as these are second hand coins?

Nothing to do with second hand, there will be no VAT as they are purchased from Europe.

Just got my confirmation email. Package is being sent out today.... woooooohooooo!

When did you order HT?

Stacker since 2013

Just had quite a lengthy discussion with a very nice chap (I presume) called Lone. 

They still have a fair few coins left, I asked where they had managed to unearth such an amount and they have been buying them in bulk to sell as a mail order  series so I presume they are not that popular in Denmark. 

I also put in an order of 3 of each unique design, which they were more than happy with. 

Didn't realise they had 2006 and 2007 as well (had filtered by Great Britain) which left them out, have picked up a couple of 2006s to go with the full 1999-2005 range I got yesterday but of the orderers here would any of you have a possibility of parting with one of their 2007s when they come through - as they're now sold out of those.

Nothing to do with second hand, there will be no VAT as they are purchased from Europe.

When did you order HT?

I ordered about 5 mins after my initial post in this thread

1 hour ago, HighlandTiger said:

I ordered about 5 mins after my initial post in this thread

I ordered around an hour and a half after the OP and received the confirmation email the next day.

I haven't had a despatch email but was told the order had already left the warehouse upon asking the question a few minutes ago.

If this works out well ie all coins received by everyone and in mint condition, HT will have made a lot of people very happy. Post of the year!

Thanks HT:)

Archived