• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint British Monarchs Collection

harrygill111

Why do I feel like this a very dangerous slippery slope, can anyone imagine the chaos and bloodshed if they make the 2oz gold gothic avaliable on the website again. People who paid massive premium for it will be furious, and people who were able to get it at the inital launch will be pissed too with all the stress that was assoicated with the inital launches.

Edited by Jeremyzed
typo

48 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

Flippers 🐬 cashing back out 🤷‍♂️ 

Amateur flippers. Elite flippers wouldn't cashing back these coins😅. If they don't sell now, they put them away at least for a couple releases, cause they know this is no Music Legends, James Bond or Snowman coin.

But i have to say thank you to @Hanz(i hope you didn't tatooed your name like this) for posting, just got another 5 OZ.  

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

What I find more surprising is that there are currently 43 of the 2oz gold coins now available, from a limited edition of 175.

There's also 17 of the 1oz golds left, from a limited edition of 100.

This series is huge, makes it a really huge investment in gold. The 1 OZ is kind of uninteresting with those 500 pregraded coins. Can't remember any new series from any mint going well with a mintage of 600 1 OZ gold. Usually they have a mintage of 100 of coins carrying this premium. The 2 OZ is much more interesting. But still, 175 is not a small mintage for a 2 OZ proof gold. And investing around 100k in 21 coins it's for deep pockets as well a big investment. There ain't that much collectors out there, buying every month a proof gold coin. 

2 hours ago, paulmerton said:

What I find more surprising is that there are currently 43 of the 2oz gold coins now available, from a limited edition of 175.

There's also 17 of the 1oz golds left, from a limited edition of 100.

how can you tell how many coins are available?

4 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I just think people have fatigue at the moment with the Royal Mint. Once things calm down with the releases during this Jubilee year, I think things will be more manageable for us and them.

Makes no sense whatsoever that they release this new series and the Tudor Beasts as well as two releases of Trial of the Pyx and the Great Engravers in less than six months.

I guess we thank our lucky stars there hasn’t been a new Music Legends coin. I guess nobody really wanted a Kajagoogoo coin; they’re all too shy shy…

‘Fess up, you lot! How many of you have been looking at Tudor beasts with Kajagoogoo in your head?

You’re welcome.

10 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

‘Fess up, you lot! How many of you have been looking at Tudor beasts with Kajagoogoo in your head?

You’re welcome.

No me. I was too tongue-tied and short of breath to even try.

17 minutes ago, foinikas said:

how can you tell how many coins are available?

It's revealed in the HTML source of the page.

2 hours ago, Hanz said:

Griffin also available in 5 oz and kilo silver. Use search term 5oz Griffin or kilo Griffin on RM website to locate them.

I have the 10 oz Silver which I see is 'No longer available'. Stunning coin that I am regrettably going to be putting on here for sale as my real estate project needs the cash injection.

41 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

I'm still nervous. Is this a sign of hyper FOMO, or am i ok?

Still 569 sick persons in front of me 

Royal Mint's website(has anyone noticed that now we are always forced onto the "beta" verision of the site, you used to be able to get on the normal site with more information by removing the beta from the url) is getting more mysterios by the minute, secrect queue that I seemingly cannot find... But I stumbled across this, did not know that the royal mint is selling NGC graded MS perth mint sovereigns now...https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/historic-coins/historic-sovereigns/1908-Edward-VII-Perth-Mint-NGC-MS62/

Edited by Jeremyzed
Finally found the queue, love queueing though I am not planning on buying any bullion...

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

The queue is only for the bullion part of the site, right? To quell the supposed demand.

A-ha, you are correct. I have a RM tab open at all times on the bullion page, and I am now getting this queue message too since refreshing the page. I wondered why I was going in right away when I opened a new RM tab. Of course, I got to the front of the queue when I was not looking, and got booted to the back again, lol. I wonder if people are suddenly going bullion crazy what with recent world events. 

41 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

All of the golds in stock, again!

image.thumb.png.59a3e5269c22f12b78e699ca8c8c78c7.png

Did they go out of stock after they re-listed them?

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

50 minutes ago, Stu said:

Did they go out of stock after they re-listed them?

Some (not sure about all) were available to order rather than in stock. This shows they're currently poised to fly off the shelves but aren't.

13 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I’m on the fence with the 1 Oz gold. 😥

17 x 1oz left

44 x 2oz left

33 x 5oz left (out of 75!)

Not many people have the funds for a series with 21 proof gold coins in 5 years. You need way more, than just deep pockets for this. And this series it's not for a short flip, like the Engravers. 1 OZ Bullion, or 1/4 OZ gold in such a short time would be already a struggle for most of us. And this Henry coin is not a must have in gold. Like, for example, a restrike of a famous Sovereign.

I bought only silver and think, they will doing well. But no one knows. We will see in two, three years. 

Edited by dikefalos

The final mintages of the golds may be lower than the Max Mintage eventually. I don’t know.

If coins don’t sell, does the RM eventually melt them down and use the metal for other coins?

Also, I was searching for the release schedule. Wasn’t it on this page?

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/british-monarchs/henry-vii/remaking-history-introducing-the-british-monarchs-collection/