• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Nice grade :) shame about the size of the slab :(

Yeah they kinda need a middle ground with some of these. Could be worse, could be the 5oz gold in the same size slab, they look really small.

3 hours ago, Oldun said:

Yours and mine must have been in the latest “batch” to have been minted. 
In other news, my Portrait PF70 is on its way, so just the Portrait 5oz due “from April” left to receive.

Even though we both bought early on the morning, I believe we both had to contact them to ensure the continuity order for the portrait was active. This involved someone having to cancel the original order and adding the continuity order, which is classed in their system as a different order. It seems to be incapable of changing from one to the other.

Mine had to be done by the CS supervisor and also on the Saturday morning to ensure there was no possibility of someone else selling my coin between one being cancelled and the new order being made!

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

7 hours ago, Chonemenos said:

Are you guys watching the hertiage modern showcase auctionhttps://live.ha.com/live.zx?saleNo=61262&sessionNo=1&puDone=1#?, doesn't look that good ah...

Which stage of the bubble do you guys think we are about to enter?

Looks like RM modern coins (Bond, Queen, Elton, The Who, etc) have been slaughtered…when you take into account postage, grading costs, shipping, auction fees etc..most sellers here will be at best even, and some out of pocket….and that’s when the spot price of gold is currently historically high (in GB£)

One bad auction doesn’t set new markets prices, but I kind of think that this was in the making for some time…too many releases from the RM has flooded the market place, in a short period of time.

17 minutes ago, Kookaburracollector said:

Looks like RM modern coins (Bond, Queen, Elton, The Who, etc) have been slaughtered…when you take into account postage, grading costs, shipping, auction fees etc..most sellers here will be at best even, and some out of pocket….and that’s when the spot price of gold is currently historically high (in GB£)

One bad auction doesn’t set new markets prices, but I kind of think that this was in the making for some time…too many releases from the RM has flooded the market place, in a short period of time.

Flooded market only for those flippers. Too many people thought they could make a quick profit (sure some will have). No problem for collectors?

49 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I think this is the perfect time for collectors who have funds to spare to scoop up the Great Engravers coins.  They are classic designs and will definitely appreciate in value.  The other series I don’t really think much of tbh; they were never going to have longevity.

Hopefully ! :)

3 hours ago, westminstrel said:

I think this is the perfect time for collectors who have funds to spare to scoop up the Great Engravers coins.  They are classic designs and will definitely appreciate in value.  The other series I don’t really think much of tbh; they were never going to have longevity.

I also think the Gothic design is a masterpiece as well.  Look at the original Gothic Crown after 100 year, it is still a gorgeous piece of art.  

2 minutes ago, Bruce06 said:

I also think the Gothic design is a masterpiece as well.  Look at the original Gothic Crown after 100 year, it is still a gorgeous piece of art.  

Yes. I think it is a perfect storm of events that has caused the prices to drop.  But in the long term these classic designs will be sought after and probably won’t be as easily available as at today’s prices.

RRP's  below (following FOI) - I'm selling all my proofs (not just Gothics)  and will be sticking to bullion, should break even on proofs, or  make small profit overall

I do think there is a grading bubble, at the moment.  Others may differ on that opinion, my priorities have changed (my father died last month) 

image.png.0b9285233372bb9152e3b241ed2437fd.png

1 hour ago, BarryWoods said:

RRP's  below (following FOI) - I'm selling all my proofs (not just Gothics)  and will be sticking to bullion, should break even on proofs, or  make small profit overall

I do think there is a grading bubble, at the moment.  Others may differ on that opinion, my priorities have changed (my father died last month) 

image.png.0b9285233372bb9152e3b241ed2437fd.png

Sorry about your father, may he have a good journey.

For your selling, just open a thread, can't wait for it. If you want to sell them all together, there is a well known Blackpool coin dealer on the forum, i guess they buy coins.

What would i give for apseat, or a stream, of the table at negotiations.

4 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

Sorry about your father, may he have a good journey.

For your selling, just open a thread, can't wait for it. If you want to sell them all together, there is a well known Blackpool coin dealer on the forum, i guess they buy coins.

What would i give for apseat, or a stream, of the table at negotiations.

Please don't be a **** 

Just now, dikefalos said:

I just want to help. But yes, i'm a **** and a ****** ******, and ********* ****** by nature

the last month or so has been very difficult, my daughter also has health issues.. Can we just drop all the nonsense here.  All my proof coins have been consigned to a dealer all ready.

(another 500 Grade 70 Royal Mint proof, all shipped off to the USA. before launch, makes me think proof/grading bubble is about to burst. (next in Monarch series) 

On 23/03/2022 at 22:53, sovereignsteve said:

Received my 5 oz Portrait this morning. Still no sign of the Quartered Arms. What is wrong with these people?

5oz Portrait on its way and then today found out the 5oz Quartered Arms is also now on its way….bizarre…..

Edited by Oldun

Spotted on bookface earlier. More mysterious 'burning' issues with silver sent to ngc(copied and pasted)

" Well... the burn has returned. 2 different gothic crowns sent to NGC, both have the same "burn" mark on them in different places, that wasn't there before sending, one a portrait and one an arms.
That's me done sending silver to NGC for grading now, 2 coins now worthless (one is a 70 grade too lol!) " 

FB_IMG_1648198560769.jpg

FB_IMG_1648198566836.jpg