• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

Portrait arrived just now…..capsule loosely on (see photo) and thankfully away from the coin so the coin was undamaged.

I was able to take the whole felt base out of the box, ease the capsule and coin out and EASILY secure the lid on properly, all of which which logically leads me to the following conclusion:

that either

a) they are very lazy at the Royal Mint or

b) the capsules are not fit for purpose for sending coins by mail.

As mentioned in a different thread, I will not be purchasing any more coins from The Royal Mint until I have seen actual change and improvement in either a) or b) (whichever is applicable).

I have been a customer for almost two decades. It is a great pity that I have to do this but I am quite happy to spend my hard earned elsewhere until the Senior Management actually does something about it, rather than having to listen to the Royal Mint just talking a good story but doing nothing in reality.

The phrase, “Actions speak louder than words,” is entirely appropriate here.

2015162F-4982-46B4-A658-754C105B38DC.jpeg

Edited by Oldun

4 minutes ago, James32 said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334328502800

Quite reasonable ( in the grand scheme of things 🙂)

Ends tonight see what it ends at 

Saw a 2oz gold jubilee go well below RRP/ list last night on feebay

And then they'd have 10%+ fees and commission to deduct on top 

9 hours ago, Paul said:

Ends tonight see what it ends at 

Saw a 2oz gold jubilee go well below RRP/ list last night on feebay

And then they'd have 10%+ fees and commission to deduct on top 

£10399 total.....still an amazing return but I expected more.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

Notice the same seller has the 5oz gold still hovering around rrp currently, might end up being a "cash is king moment "

If I had 10 to 11k lying around doing nothing , I would be like a rat up a drain pipe.

Be brave when others are fearful. It's like the 10oz gothic auction the other day, I am convinced if that, or the 5oz gold appeared on the RM website, they would go very quickly. As would any of them, probably.

The economic mood music probably isn't being helpful.

1 minute ago, NewCoins said:

If I had 10 to 11k lying around doing nothing , I would be like a rat up a drain pipe.

Be brave when others are fearful. It's like the 10oz gothic auction the other day, I am convinced if that, or the 5oz gold appeared on the RM website, they would go very quickly. As would any of them, probably.

The economic mood music probably isn't being helpful.

Completely agree 

2 hours ago, westminstrel said:

How on earth was the seller willing to sustain such a loss? Why wouldn’t they have set a reserve or something? 🤔 

This did not sell, it’s not even in the sellers hand yet. No photo of actual coin on listing (noticed?).

Apparently the buyer had to meet up and seller didn’t like the sound of it (more likely seller cancelled), so coin is still available. Also sellers eBay account is apparently frozen 🥶 Seller told me all this and offered imaginary coin to me too. Seller has only sold small silver coins in the past, nothing this big. Other items for sale might not be in hand, who knows. Looked like a long con to me. Seller kept going on about his Ltd Co. Etc but that means nothing for buyers safety. Had I bought it I doubt I’d ever see the coin.

Buyer probably wanted to help seller avoid eBay fees so to meet up but then the seller didn’t have the coin anyway. Avoid that eBayer like the plague (imho). 

2 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

Surprised they just didn't send it back. Probably wanted to keep up their RM status.

Not in hand yet anyway

2 hours ago, westminstrel said:

How on earth was the seller willing to sustain such a loss? Why wouldn’t they have set a reserve or something? 🤔 

The seller isn’t all there!

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

2 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

This did not sell, it’s not even in the sellers hand yet. No photo of actual coin on listing (noticed?).

Apparently the buyer had to meet up and seller didn’t like the sound of it (more likely seller cancelled), so coin is still available. Also sellers eBay account is apparently frozen 🥶 Seller told me all this and offered imaginary coin to me too. Seller has only sold small silver coins in the past, nothing this big. Other items for sale might not be in hand, who knows. Looked like a long con to me. Seller kept going on about his Ltd Co. Etc but that means nothing for buyers safety. Had I bought it I doubt I’d ever see the coin.

Buyer probably wanted to help seller avoid eBay fees so to meet up but then the seller didn’t have the coin anyway. Avoid that eBayer like the plague (imho). 

Not in hand yet anyway

The seller isn’t all there!

If something seems to good to be true.....

27 minutes ago, Numis65 said:

Has anyone received a 5oz Silver Gothic Portrait yet and if so any condition issues of the sort experienced with the 2oz?

Not yet. Hoping for either very soon or in April. Was told some were being sent out last week but nothing received here! Probably April now…..

6 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

Nice sleuthing. 🤠 🙌🏽

5 hours ago, Numis65 said:

Has anyone received a 5oz Silver Gothic Portrait yet and if so any condition issues of the sort experienced with the 2oz?

I was told April. I was also told that the 5oz arms would be being sent out in the next couple of weeks, but it could be different for each person.

Edited by Oldun

Received my 2oz silver Gothic portrait today after a 2 wks wait.

loose capsule - ☑️
  missing frosting - ☑️
  bottom capsule stucked to the box's base - ☑️
  skipped a heartbeat when the coin almost fell off- ☑️

Thankfully, there is no major damage to the coin after the unboxing commotion... 😌