• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

4 hours ago, MintCollectionsImports said:

What about 2kg silver?

Was planning to get these... any advice? Over zeolous? Sounds like reactions are mixed.

2 Kilo Silver

2 oz Gold

10 oz Silver

5 oz Silver

2 oz Silver

1 oz Silver

2 Kilo at LPM

https://www.lpm.hk/en/banner/the-royal-tudor-beasts-collection/cr22tbseymourpanthers2kg.html?inf_contact_key=e7832919952301477da189091744a62c680f8914173f9191b1c0223e68310bb1

Limited Series vs Infinity Series (Sovereigns, Chinese Pandas, US Eagles, historic coins, etc.). I was lucky (and cheated) when I snagged the 2021 10-coin QB 1/4oz gold, very unexpectedly. Then further luck with the 1oz Gold QB Completer (icing on the QB cake). I’ve signed up for Tudor Beasts 1oz gold series, in a neat RM case, I hope. Beginning to wonder if ‘selected’ Limited Series are a viable investment option. Worse case (with much luck) I’ll be able to hand down a neat completed wooden box filled with beautiful coins to my children. Sovereigns and historic coins (to me) are a deeply personal relationship, never ending but always loved and admired. Thoughts?

I questioned the postage & they are looking into it as it should have been free. 
IO guess they can take it off the card payment? Its only £15 for me £5 for everyone else who is not an imbecile. 

Good Morning,

Thank you for your email. 

Unfortunately, it has come to our attention that the online confirmation is showing a postage charge, this is an unforeseen technical issue and we are in the process of fixing this. 

Please be assured that the postage charge is waived upon importing your order, you will not pay carriage for this particular order or for any future coins within this series.

I hope this information is helpful and clarifies the issue. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me. 

Kind regards

Cerys

Edited by Stacktastic

9 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

I questioned the postage & they are looking into it as it should have been free. 
IO guess they can take it off the card payment? Its only £15 for me £5 for everyone else who is not an imbecile. 

Good Morning,

Thank you for your email. 

Unfortunately, it has come to our attention that the online confirmation is showing a postage charge, this is an unforeseen technical issue and we are in the process of fixing this. 

Please be assured that the postage charge is waived upon importing your order, you will not pay carriage for this particular order or for any future coins within this series.

I hope this information is helpful and clarifies the issue. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me. 

Kind regards

Cerys

Anyone got a phone number for the mint? Theyve only charged me for the postage and not the product. I have an order reference number the clowns..

Anyone help?

Or am I getting a veterans discount - due to some IT Feckwittery!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

15 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Anyone got a phone number for the mint? Theyve only charged me for the postage and not the product. I have an order reference number the clowns..

Anyone help?

Or am I getting a veterans discount - due to some IT Feckwittery!

Yeah I've just checked my bank and I'm in the same boat as yourself 🙈 I've only been charged postage (£5) 

Has this happened to anyone else?? 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 hour ago, BackyardBullion said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder for these - but I think this is a very good release for the first in the series.

Considering most of the regular Queens Beasts gold proofs took a week to sell out usually the fact that the gold proofs have not sold out in 2.5 hours does not concern me.

I would be concerned if I was an eBay flipper trying to cash in on some mad hype, but I'm not.

This series has a great potential for both a financial return on its investment as well as a big tick in the box for collectability which is why I bought them and why I plan to hold them for a good long while.

Who knows, in 5 years we might have series 3, the king's beasts if Queenie isn't with us anymore.

Also, elephant in the room, if Queenie dies before this set is complete then there will be an interesting design decision for the series to change monarch halfway through.

Lots going in this coins favour and if all that is against it is that the design isn't stunning then so be it. 

Remember, the Queen's Beasts had some really not great looking beasts too. Not every coin can be as sexy as the lion or Griffin - but I can guarantee that some of the coins in this series will be.

Just my 2¢ - anyone that has bought and changes their mind can always return to the royal mint too, these coins are different to bullion and can be returned as per consumer rights.

Great point on the potential monarch change, could make the set pretty desirable

4 minutes ago, James32 said:

Yeah I've just checked my bank and I'm in the same boat as yourself 🙈 I've only been charged postage (£5) 

Yeah, got notified about a £5 charge too.

Attempted to order the 1oz proof silver after 09:00 (no queue), got to the payment stage, appeared to go through, but no success screen or follow-up email.

I then went back in (after 5mins in queue) and ordered the 1/4oz 10-coin series option, this one went through and I got an email acknowledgement - it was soon after this, I got the £5 notification alert.

I'm gonna wait until things calm a bit and email the RM to see what's up.

10 minutes ago, James32 said:

I spoken to customer services and they said if you buy the 2oz series coin postage is free. but they will take out the amount minus the postage charge when or close to dispatch, I also asked if my order was guaranteed they siad yes incase that was the reason why the full amunt not  @Darr3nG taken - sorted! 

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

8 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

I spoken to customer services and they said if you buy the 2oz series coin postage is free. but they will take out the amount minus the postage charge when or close to dispatch, I also asked if my order was guaranteed they siad yes incase that was the reason why the full amunt not  @Darr3nG taken - sorted! 

Thanks for the update, that's good to hear and that they have it somewhat under control 😀 

12 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

Yeah, got notified about a £5 charge too.

Attempted to order the 1oz proof silver after 09:00 (no queue), got to the payment stage, appeared to go through, but no success screen or follow-up email.

I then went back in (after 5mins in queue) and ordered the 1/4oz 10-coin series option, this one went through and I got an email acknowledgement - it was soon after this, I got the £5 notification alert.

I'm gonna wait until things calm a bit and email the RM to see what's up.

I was in at after nine myself but the site kept buffering so left it. By the off chance I went back in at 1pm and order went through straight away for the 1oz silver proof...and still showing as available now.

4 hours ago, SilverJacks said:

I'm in the same position. Funds taken from bank, but order not showing in open orders yet. Hopefully this will sort itself out soon...

The guy I spoke to told me he would be monitoring my account and email me at the end of the day...

He also offered to re-do the order there and then over the phone - so I did, worse case, I end up with a double order I guess. May have to return it if that's the case, finds aren't bottomless sadly 😕

Will post an update this evening.

14 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

No money has been taken from my account for the 1/4oz gold. Anyone the same? I’m guessing it won’t come off till its dispatched.

£650 has been taken from my account, sometimes they return it until the item is Dispatched Coinster !

42 minutes ago, James32 said:

Thanks for the update, that's good to hear and that they have it somewhat under control 😀 

@FlorinCollector it seems to be 

22 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

No money has been taken from my account for the 1/4oz gold. Anyone the same? I’m guessing it won’t come off till its dispatched.

Yeah that seems to be how they are dealing with it. Money to be taken close to dispatch.

1 hour ago, Tritoon01 said:

Here a lot cheaper then with RM UK......even if you include VAT to the UK.......84,xx euros for 1 oz proof .... will not last very long I believe 🙂 

https://goldsilver.be/nl/home/4195-uk-1-oz-silver-the-seymour-panther-2022-1-proof-box-coa-the-royal-tudor-beasts-collection.html 

Ah I could have got a few of these sent to our place in Europe - but isnt this the really c**p dealer with rude staff?

55 minutes ago, kimchi said:

It takes a brave brave man or woman to order a 10 coin set spread over 5 years from the Royal Mint...I salute you!

out of interest whats the policy if you decide to cancel it as i have 4 sets. 
Just occurred to me if the spot goes to £50 im screwed. ;)

17 minutes ago, James32 said:

On a side note if they never end up taking the  money from my account, does the postman still have to knock on my door (albeit with empty hands) considering I paid for postage 😁

Buddhists have been meditating on this for over a thousand years - you could be the new Dalai Llama if you get an answer :)

1 minute ago, kimchi said:

Buddhists have been meditating on this for over a thousand years - you could be the new Dalai Llama if you get an answer :)

Well there's a response I didn't see coming lol.