• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Would you get into this new series?

wilspeak

51 minutes ago, Arcadian said:

I apologise for any misunderstanding, it's a long-standing personal mistrust I have for any business that calls itself a misleading name.  A quick Wikipedia shows: A mint is an industrial facility which manufactures coins that can be used as currency.

No misunderstanding on my part, but I think wilspeak then saw my "alarm bells" comment out of context.

As regards names, be careful if dealing with the Edinbugh Mint, for example https://www.nominet.uk/whois/?query=edinburghmint.co.uk&cc-num=#whois-results

🙂

Chards

LawrenceChard , You made a good point >> "I do believe people should be aware that they are not a mint, and not owned by the New Zealand government." Because I did think the NZM was a Government Mint. Thank You for informing me of that fact that the NZM is not govt owned and operated. This is the  first silver  coin in the Star Wars faces of the Empire series has arrived to join my silver and gold stack. I do think the box could be of better quality CopyQ.qt2068.thumb.png.545b53b40447c8b1f4e67666bc626d3b.png 

22 hours ago, HillWalkerDundee said:

Yes, i saw the tag. Then i looked at companies house and the list of directors. Is that Lawrence Chard not you? Is this a case of passing off?

Yes, that's me. In case Scotland goes independent, it might need its own mint, so that could be my part-time retirement job! 🙂

Chards

3 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Yes, that's me. In case Scotland goes independent, it might need its own mint, so that could be my part-time retirement job! 🙂

Change that to when Scotland gets independence 🙂

I am even more confused. I still can't see what you were getting at. I must be thick. The tag is not an issue. All ISPs have to have a tag, mine was Scotz.

26 minutes ago, HillWalkerDundee said:

Change that to when Scotland gets independence 🙂

I am even more confused. I still can't see what you were getting at. I must be thick. The tag is not an issue. All ISPs have to have a tag, mine was Scotz.

I'm looking forward to seeing or hearing the results of the next once-in-a-lifetime Scottish Independence referendum.

As Robert the Bruce is credited as saying "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again".

Yes, the tag says Chard, and the domain is registered to me.

I was attempting humour when I mentioned the domain name in relation to alarm bells or caution.

Most humour is lost if it needs explaining.

Chards

4 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

If i see some of your coindesigns it would be fun to let you take design desicions for the Scottish Mint. A smartminted coin of your avatar would surely be an earthquake in the collectors world. Not sure if someone will buy it, but there would be not much space for talking about other new issues 

2 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

If i see some of your coindesigns it would be fun to let you take design desicions for the Scottish Mint. A smartminted coin of your avatar would surely be an earthquake in the collectors world. Not sure if someone will buy it, but there would be not much space for talking about other new issues 

I might have to redo the photoshoot wearing my tartan Speedos!

Chards

On 19/08/2021 at 15:34, LawrenceChard said:

Do you mean to tell me that we should not believe that politicians tell us?

My neighbour summed up why independence is a good thing. He said "all policians are b@stards but they will be our b@stards and we can kick them out any time".

Archived