• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/01/2021 at 20:27, Gildeon said:

My single most expensive silver coin so far. The prices I have seen are above 1000€ for raw and 1500€ for slabbed. Waiting to get it in my hands and send it for grading. 🤞 

Copying from the internet:

The Australian swan was a Pinches production that is both beautiful and has commanded strong bidding in sales we reviewed. When decimal currency came to Australia in 1966 no dollar coin was planned so a competition by a numismatic magazine (Australian Coin Review) resulted in this winning design by Andor Meszaros. The Australian mint did not mint a dollar coin until 1984. Competition organizers decided to issue the swan dollar privately (1500 BU and 750 Proof) and it has become a sought-after part of Australian numismatics.

More info from Perth Mint site: https://www.perthmint.com/andor-meszaros-1967-goose-dollar.aspx

Such a fabulous coin - that's some good buying right there. 🤩🇦🇺

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

13 minutes ago, mr1030 said:

I've recently decided to work on completing a U.S. Type Set.  It's something I've thought of doing for a couple years now.  SO I bought an Intercept Shield U.S. Type Set album, and went to one of my favorite LKCS' to see about filling some holes.  Besides some modern clad stuff I needed, the interesting bits were an 1826 Draped Bust half dollar that I had to have as soon as I saw it.  It has wonderful details for being a circulated sample.  I also got an 1867 2 cent piece, 1943 Walking Liberty and 1955 Franklin half dollars, and an 1922 Peace Dollar. 

I know this is going to take me quite a while to complete.  The plan is to buy MS grade for as many of the coins as possible, up to the point where they cost an arm and a leg to buy, and try going for VF/EF/AU for those.

20210114_155114-ccfopt.jpg

20210114_153852-ccfopt.jpg

20210114_154303-ccfopt.jpg

20210114_154339-ccfopt.jpg

20210114_154415-ccfopt.jpg

20210114_154429-ccfopt.jpg

Its a long road all right, got a set going myself, 1830 capped half dollar..oldest 1798 draped large cent

9 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

Its a long road all right, got a set going myself, 1830 capped half dollar..oldest 1798 draped large cent

Thanks for pointing that out to me.  It's an 1826 CAPPED Bust.  My bad.  Are you using an album?  And if so, which one?

Edited by mr1030

19 hours ago, jultorsk said:

I've been on the lookout for a British trade dollar for a good while now... no idea if this was a reasonable purchase but picked up the lot anyway. 

(This is the most expensive silver for me so far) 😬

Fantastic pick- up 👍 prices are all over the place, and expensive!  But worth every penny.  Thanks for sharing 😀

Some of the long awaited proof Griffin QBs in silver and gold. Lets hope the Mint have good quality control on them...given the prices. Oh - and some decent bubble wrap around the boxes would be nice as well....instead of the wrapping that they sometimes use (have had some packages that look like they are recycling old Xmas presents instead of shipping a premium product 😢). 10 days wait to see the coins, but I am happy enough to have noticed the email this morning to get the order in.  

5 hours ago, Lindeman said:

Some of the long awaited proof Griffin QBs in silver and gold. Lets hope the Mint have good quality control on them...given the prices. Oh - and some decent bubble wrap around the boxes would be nice as well....instead of the wrapping that they sometimes use (have had some packages that look like they are recycling old Xmas presents instead of shipping a premium product 😢). 10 days wait to see the coins, but I am happy enough to have noticed the email this morning to get the order in.  

I have managed to snap up my share to complete the collection as well. Surprised this last coin sold out within a day given the higher mintage of this release. Never a fan of RM changing the mintages of a series from time to time.... started with 2,500 for the quarter proof Lion to 1,000 for the Hound.

Omne aurum quod rex valūtās

27 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

Howmuch were they?

Hi these first strikes were £499 the next 900 will be £999.

So far over 20 have been sold on eBay and one sold for £1500

Please Find me on Instagram  HERE