• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered a 1 oz palladium maple leaf and 3 Napoleon III gold 20 franc coins.  With palladium dropping today, it was good timing.  Have wanted a palladium coin for a while and took advantage of an at spot deal.  Couple other black friday deals I'm still considering on pulling the trigger on.

@mr1030, Thanks for the heads up on palladium prices...I have been overly front sight focused on gold prices lately. Likewise, I have been interested in dipping into the palladium pool, thus following suit, I said what the he!!, just ordered a 1 oz Palladium Russia Ballerina, random BU!

Edited by CadmiumGreen

Ok - I may get into trouble here with the collectors (and I am one😊) - but just showing what I bought today at the LCS. They actually had nothing I was really looking for in gold or silver , but I simply could not leave empty handed, so I collected 8 different design generic rounds just for fun.  And because they were only $16.40 each, which is pretty darn cheap👍

Only when i did a little digging did i realize one is the very first Engelhard Prospector round from 1982, which is pretty neat. Not exactly a hidden numismatic treasure - but a nice round to compare to the various Buffalo designs (three different ones on the top row). The Jefferson Mint one is quite unusual as well. 

Happy stacking ! 

A01552DD-11E9-47C3-9D23-B1C2E72E8B5B.jpeg

4B8ED5F8-56DD-44A7-9AE4-6DACE7D0F900.jpeg

Souvenirs souvenirs !

Just ordered  this one from GS.BE . mintage 5000

I don't remember how many times I saw this movie when it came out. But I remember the first time I saw it, and I did  not know what to expect....what a thrill :)  

A piece of Art from Ridley Scott

Hopefully, it will maybe give some ideas for mints to create some nice and maybe high relief coins from the Alien theme and HR Giger art

alien-40th-anniversary-2019-1oz-silver-proof-coin.thumb.jpg.3f73a746c769584c47bac6273a9b5953.jpg

Edited by Frenchie

On 27/11/2018 at 04:23, NRSovereign said:

Just bought a gold Tunisian 20 franc 

Better pictures once received 

😀

A9B3D714-2A95-4ED3-8383-A6B68936EFEC.jpeg

Good looking coin.  I'm also trying to get samples of as many of the LMU coins as I can.  If you don't mind my asking, where did you get this and how much was it?  Some of these LMU coins carry quite a premium as some countries didn't mint very many or just experimented with it without issuing for general circulation.  I was looking at a Greek 20 drachma but the premium was pretty high on it.  And I saw your other post with the 20 franc/8 florin coin.  I have one but I'll have to take it out for a look as I think it has a different reverse.  Edit- Turned out I have the Austrian version, same bust of Franz Joseph but differnt reverse.  Guess I'll have to start looking for the Hungarain version.

Edited by mr1030