• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Bought a 2015 gold proof Libertad set from Apmex in USA. I will add this to my 2010 2013 and 2014 sets. 

Its expensive but prices are good while Apmex stock lasts at $2,700 (the pre order price in March 2015 was $3,150) so 450 less than I would have paid earlier!

image.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

Bought a 2015 gold proof Libertad set from Apmex in USA. I will add this to my 2010 2013 and 2014 sets. 

Its expensive but prices are good while Apmex stock lasts at $2,700 (the pre order price in March 2015 was $3,150) so 450 less than I would have paid earlier!

Been looking at that set for a while and ran multiple calculations.

$2602 + $50 shipping by bank wire is $1.4492:£ and I think £25 fee = £1855

$2706 + $50 shipping by Pay Pal is $1.49:£ = £1850

€2650 + €20 shipping by CC from EMK is €1.41:£ = £1894

Currency brokers use ACH payment which APMEX won't accept and my bank (Barclays) is a major con when it comes to international wire.

I'll continue to have a think on it and hopefully they sell out so I can forget all about it.

I have used Currencyfair in the past but I wanted the nectar points and the Amex points

I have used Currencyfair in the past but I wanted the nectar points and the Amex points

5 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

I have an account with CurrencyFair and just checked their US payment and it is by wire instead of ACH.  Hmmmm

Today I bought the £50 silver coin from the Royal Mint and a 1/4 oz 24 carat Gold Britannia from BBP. 

Haven't finished buying yet as I'm off out later to Abbotssilvercoins but I can't make up my mind what to buy from David. Maybe a 10oz silver coin~

1 hour ago, MickB said:

Haven't finished buying yet as I'm off out later to Abbotssilvercoins but I can't make up my mind what to buy from David. Maybe a 10oz silver coin~

I am trying to convince the wife to buy me the 2011 Kook from Dave @Abbotssilvercoins I really like that coin and it was the sight of the kilo version on you tube back in 2011 that lit the silver fuse,i don't own one and i wish i did. Got to nag her some more, that's today's mission.

Edit: Today the wife bought me for Christmas a 2011 1oz Silver Kookaburra, Good ole girl. 

Edited by SilverPirate

I have an account with CurrencyFair and just checked their US payment and it is by wire instead of ACH.  Hmmmm

There is a $4 charge at the currency fair end and Amex may get a charge at their end but I use the service all the time

3 hours ago, SilverPirate said:

I am trying to convince the wife to buy me the 2011 Kook from Dave @Abbotssilvercoins I really like that coin and it was the sight of the kilo version on you tube back in 2011 that lit the silver fuse,i don't own one and i wish i did. Got to nag her some more, that's today's mission.

Edit: Today the wife bought me for Christmas a 2011 1oz Silver Kookaburra, Good ole girl. 

Nagging always pays off. Well, my missus wears me down with it and I always give in to her

Today i bought a 1oz Silver Eagle £13.49 and £2.50 Nectar points.

Nothing exciting but another ounce in the stack. Not a big purchase, but i wanted to show stackers on a budget it can be done.

Slowly, slowly, filling a tube, four in it now. Buy your self a tube from E-bay and see if you can fill it.

Come join me my fellow stackers, its national start filling an ASE tube day.

Clear the loft sell some rubbish.:)

23 hours ago, MickB said:

Just put in a lower offer for a silver French lunar rabbit on ebay and it got accepted. 

Going for the complete series but they don't pop up that often.

I have bought the odd one but only if I can get it for less than £20.  Far too many people expect up to £70 for them.

Bought from coininvest yet again even though the postage makes it too expensive to buy a single small coin.  A 1914 Belgian 20 franc.  I only bought it so I had at least one minted under each king.

Edited by Murph
added

1 hour ago, Murph said:

I have bought the odd one but only if I can get it for less than £20.  Far too many people expect up to £70 for them.

Bought from coininvest yet again even though the postage makes it too expensive to buy a single small coin.  A 1914 Belgian 20 franc.  I only bought it so I had at least one minted under each king.

That's good going if you can get them for less than £20 as they are usually around the £30-35 mark. 

Can't see why anyone would pay £70 plus for them even though an eBay seller asks around the £80 mark for one.