• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

tapatalk

A couple of issues I've noticed whilst using tapatalk to view the forum. When checking conversations the person you are sending messages to comes up as "unknown'. Also when viewing "unread" posts they used to dissappear from the unread list after viewing. However now they still remain.

This has all started to occur since the recent changes. Could you check this out Chris. Thanks

A couple of issues I've noticed whilst using tapatalk to view the forum. When checking conversations the person you are sending messages to comes up as "unknown'. Also when viewing "unread" posts they used to dissappear from the unread list after viewing. However now they still remain.

This has all started to occur since the recent changes. Could you check this out Chris. Thanks

I get the "unknown" thing too.

Your second item is ok for me, there is a tapatalk setting that solves this (or does for me anyway).

Stacker since 2013

If you go into your tapatalk settings, go to the discussion card and the setting is called "unread behaviour".

It's this setting that controls the automatic disappearance of the read topics in unread.

If that doesn't work, I'm clueless.

Stacker since 2013

• Founder & Administrator

There is an error that when tapatalk users post on the forum they receive an error message. They assume the post wasn't made and post again. But their post was made initially, and they end up double posting. Tapatalk are currently working on this to fix the plugin, hopefully they can fix it. I am also hoping that the forum software update that is due to be released at the end of this month will also fix some of the known Tapatalk plugin issues. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

never had that problem with tapatalk Chris.

Some users have reported this, other users seem to be experiencing other issues with TapaTalk. I think the problem is that their 'stable' release is not stable at all for this version of forum software. And we will have to wait for either TapaTalk to fix their plugin, or for an update to the forum software which may fix some of these issues, as the only other option is disabling Tapatalk, which I don't want to do as a lot of members use it.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Danny-boy said:

Unable to log in via tapatalk again. 

Other forums are fine. 

Any ideas Chris?

I have just updated the site software. I guess tapatalk isn't compatible yet, which is a surprise because they had months and months of warning so could have updated their plugin.

I will start a support request with tapatalk and ask them to update their plugin for the latest version of forum software we are running.

Discounts / Offers

1 minute ago, Danny-boy said:

Thanks Chris. 

Is that it now? All changes done? It seems it gets fixed, and then it's broken again. 

The forum uses software from one of the largest forum software companies. We are currently on version 4.1. Any future updates to the version 4 software will be implemented on the forum here as I believe it is always best to have the latest version as in general it reduces bugs and increases functionality. In a few years if a version 5 software is released, then I will weigh up the benefits and negatives before considering a purchase of this.

In general the Tapatalk plugin is supposed to work for all updates of the software within the same release, i.e. the plugin for version 3.0 works for 3.2, 3.3, 3.4 etc.

Therefore Tapatalk's plugin should have worked automatically with 4.1, but to be honest it never worked correctly on version 4 of this software anyhow. So we will have to wait for TapaTalk to fix this.

The point I was trying to make initially in the begging of this reply, is that we are using one of the major forum software companies and any major update to their software is given a lot of advanced warning, and beta versions are available for developers to download. So there is no excuse why tapatalk couldn't have tested their plugin. I have already submitted a support request to tapatalk and we need to wait for them to fix this. This isn't an issue related to this forum specifically, it is an issue relating to all tapatalk plugins on all 4.1 versions of this software.

Discounts / Offers

@Danny-boy Tapatalk have just released a new plugin for this version of software and I have installed on the forum. So Tapatalk should work on the forum now.

Discounts / Offers

@Danny-boy this post is sent from Tapatalk, so seems to work now :)

Discounts / Offers

Tapatalk are aware of the images not working properly when uploading from tapatalk to the forum. They are working to fix this issue. In the meantime please use the mobile version of the forum if you wish to upload photos. Many thanks.

Discounts / Offers

Tapatalk are aware of the images not working properly when uploading from tapatalk to the forum. They are working to fix this issue. In the meantime please use the mobile version of the forum if you wish to upload photos. Many thanks.

Perfect, thanks Chris.

TT always seem to be two steps behind the game lately.

Stacker since 2013

• 1 month later...

TapaTalk have just released a new plugin version which is supposed to address the issue with images not working.

Please let me know if it doesn't fix it and if possible please give me links to the exact topic you have posted where it isn't working so I can forward this to tapatalk. (to share a link to a specific post please click on the 'share this post' icon and copy the post link. As shown in the screenshot below.

56669fd757b78_ScreenShot2015-12-08at12.1

Discounts / Offers

Just now, Danny-boy said:

Picture doesn't show on my tapatalk.

Guess it's not fixed yet then. Will let them know. Thanks.

Discounts / Offers

What about now @Danny-boy?

Discounts / Offers

I think it is fixed now.

Discounts / Offers

Archived