• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Will your nerves hold ?

if you have a reasonable stack of Cash and remain Outside of the banking system (the only sane position to be in IMO), what else is there to spend your cash on that isn`t losing value as soon as you buy it?

Land is nice sure, but it can be tricky to buy with pure cash without the third degree!

I`d also like to get HT`s definition of "shtf" beyond spelling out the acronym :P

for me Prepping (as it`s called) is for more mundane things like getting Snowed in, or power cuts from bad weather etc... or even lorry delivery supply problems (think Calais currently).

or even filling up the car with fuel and not having a payment method with you (true story) I left behind a silver charm bracelet as collateral until I got my cash from home to pay :)

Mabye Gem stones would be useful as a store of wealth too? I don`t know all that much about them, so keeping it Simple... Silver all day long :D

I`d also like to get HT`s definition of "shtf" beyond spelling out the acronym :P

It's anything from the belief that people have that the banks don't know what they are doing and eventually it'll all go pear shaped, and we will all go back in time to paying for things with little pieces of round metal, all the way up to martial law, alien invasion and zombie apocalypse.

Whilst your version of prepping is sensible, and in fact most people in Earthquake or Tornado zones in the US have prep bags and equipment at the ready, in case of natural disasters. The majority of "preppers" who have an unshakeable belief in both PM hoarding and man made disasters with tin foil in one hand and false flags in the other are the ones I usually refer to, as they are the ones who seem to hang on every word of the "experts" who preach via the Gospel of Youtube.

:)

Land is nice sure, but it can be tricky to buy with pure cash without the third degree!

or even filling up the car with fuel and not having a payment method with you (true story) I left behind a silver charm bracelet as collateral until I got my cash from home to pay :)

;) You need to be Russian.(for the cash=property)

I once left my leather jacket with the garage to go and get cash for petrol. Embarassing stuff.

It's anything from the belief that people have that the banks don't know what they are doing and eventually it'll all go pear shaped....

With respect HT do you not remember the 2008 global financial crisis? I distinctly remember the phrase 'Nobody saw it coming' being said an awful lot. Please enlighten me to what has changed since then so I can share your confidence that the banks actually do know what they are doing  :P

With respect HT do you not remember the 2008 global financial crisis? I distinctly remember the phrase 'Nobody saw it coming' being said an awful lot. Please enlighten me to what has changed since then so I can share your confidence that the banks actually do know what they are doing  :P

Forgive me if it passed me by, but did the world end? Did we have to reset currencies?  Did the banks all disappear down the drain?......No of course not.

Yes a few smaller banks went to the wall, a few countries struggled, (and still are), but the big banks are not only still in business, but they are still making money hand over fist. Barclays bank just reported a 25% rise in half year profits to a measly £3.1 billion. I'd say that figure says the banks know exactly what they are doing don't you? 

Good to hear from you Keithoil. Have you retired now or just taking a rest?

I got 22 oz of gold now.

Hi Cointreau

Thats a nice amount of gold. Mine is predominantly in full and half sovereigns.

Sort of enforced retirement, I had planned to retire by 60 but the oil price slump brought that forward. Just glad I had planned and saved but spent my money wisely.

I did go and have a look at a Porche carrera 4s though, very nearly bought it too. But common sense prevailed. Hence the four houses.

Cheers

Keith

Archived