• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

13 minutes ago, ZRPMs said:

The problem with silver is the VAT issue. I don't mind silver. In fact I have far more silver than gold, but why put myself in the hole for 20%

The secondary market for silver is the answer, you don't need to buy your silver coins from Royal Mint.

All the people who bought from me last year they are in profit now, and amazing they bought silver coins.

Please all stop this VAT thing.

More silver coins on my website  

dancu.co.uk

5 minutes ago, ZRPMs said:

Hide it in plain sight. Image result for silver shed Anyone know where I can get corrugated sheet of silver please.

And despite being exposed to the elements for 20 years it's still in better condition than 2023 KCIII Britannias

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

2 minutes ago, ZRPMs said:

Guys , I've just sold 3 sovereigns and converted it to silver. Image result for Enormous rug sack Just got back with it in my back pack.

On a serious note, hand 100 people 6 x sovereigns, then hand them a 100oz silver bar, what do you think they'd choose? Silver every time. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just now, James32 said:

On a serious note, hand 100 people 6 x sovereigns, then hand them a 100oz silver bar, what do you think they'd choose? Silver every time. 

I did this last year. I had 1oz gold and 10oz silver britannia bars and everybody wanted the silver. People are incredibly dumb though

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

Wait ask me, ASK ME ASK ME

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

To be fair. I like silver, and as I have said I do have a boat load of it (hope it doesn't sink this time). It's just not practical for every scenario. So blasting someone for buying gold instead is at best just bad form. I only buy on the second hand market but mention any thing about not paying VAT and you soon find out the Guardian readers as they call you a Tax evader whilst they are doing the same thing.

I don't see gold or silver as an investment as such. Just as protection against inflation and a way for me to have more control over my own money instead of using banks.

I just personally prefer gold.

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

15 minutes ago, ZRPMs said:

To be fair. I like silver, and as I have said I do have a boat load of it (hope it doesn't sink this time). It's just not practical for every scenario. So blasting someone for buying gold instead is at best just bad form. I only buy on the second hand market but mention any thing about not paying VAT and you soon find out the Guardian readers as they call you a Tax evader whilst they are doing the same thing.

I'm onboard with both gold and silver. The price of one is 80% described by the price of the other and historically they have comparable returns, with gold coming out on top but not by a huge margin. I hope it doesn't come across I am blasting folks for buying gold because I buy gold, more than 50% of my stack by value is gold. I'd prefer to own more silver tbh but if I keep buying gold I can't afford to also buy huge amounts of silver 🤷‍♂️

@Bigmarc To be fair. It's not been often. That's what I like about this place. On the whole, we have a laugh, pick up some info and even if there is a difference of opinion it's worked out with a relative minimum of fuss. I suppose I only make reference to the isolated instances that have been very few and far between. However, I did take Umbridge to the time I was accused of being a tax dodging builder. I mean, me with tools in my hands. 🤣🤣🤣