• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

17 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

The ratio hit over 120 in march 2020

I saw that wasn't recorded on the chart, It could have been published before hitting the March high? I cant see when the chart was compiled. Its still an interesting graphic to show trend it accurate.

I wasn't alive in 1933 but macro trends have the peak at 75 that year. Im pretty sure March 2020 recorded the highest recorded Gold Silver ratio EVER?

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

1 minute ago, ArgentSmith said:

I wasn't alive in 1933 but macro trends have the peak at 75 that year. Im pretty sure March 2020 recorded the highest recorded Gold Silver ratio EVER?

Ahh you're a 1940s baby

Edited by James32

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just now, monkey said:

That was my conscientious. Will do some more cross checking and look at the ratio chart again to see if the trends tie up.

I was just trying out the new quote function lol, yours was handy for me to port.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

37 minutes ago, monkey said:

What do we think about silvers next move? Feels like its trying hard to brake up but keeps getting tapped down.

@HerefordBullyun - do you have any of your lovely technical analysis charts to help us out? 🍻

Go on. I'll buy a coaster from you (terms and conditions apply: that last sentence was not true)

12 minutes ago, katyc said:

@HerefordBullyun - do you have any of your lovely technical analysis charts to help us out? 🍻

Go on. I'll buy a coaster from you (terms and conditions apply: that last sentence was not true)

I find it hard to chart silver because it is just so bloody volatile and also the moves upwards lag behind gold, its can take months and even years for it catch up. 2008 crash casing point, Silver didn't really start moving until 2009 See below chart. Ive heard thats Soloway isnt as bullish on silver as he currently is on gold. I dont think we will be hitting any ATHs soon. Also the Gold to silver ratio is too high. We need some more depletion on the COMEX front by seeing delivery of phyiscal being taken, its started but they arent at terminal levels yet. Only another GFC will make silver go up, you will see explosive moves up but it takes longer for it to happen but it is exciting to see silver rip up. Especially if you own silver miners.  Edit the saving grace is SIlver and Uranium are the 2 most undervalued asset class commodity in the world. but its hard to stack uranium, albiet the bull market for it has just started for miners. 

image.png.b60ed224697fe3d6080e279f6927a194.png

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

3 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

I find it hard to chart silver because it is just so bloody volatile

True. @GoldDiggerDave's Magic 8 Ball is probably more reliable.

I think it'll be slow to catch up because of the massive drop in manufacturing. But then it will do it's thing and follow gold.

8 minutes ago, katyc said:

True. @GoldDiggerDave's Magic 8 Ball is probably more reliable.

I think it'll be slow to catch up because of the massive drop in manufacturing. But then it will do it's thing and follow gold.

Honestly silver will have its day and it will be big. I know GDD isnt a fan. but its cycles and volatility are very different and the circumstances on silver are changing day by day, because its being eaten up. Gold for show, silver for pro's I know people in the bank industry who even say this to me, if they dont know - then no one does and one I know a good mate who was a seasoned analyst and worked at Goldmans and one of my closest friends.... They dont employ idiots there, like Michael Burry, who made the big short. My mate has the brain the size of elephant, Doctorate in engineering and ex military and I worked for him when I left. Hes switched on! 

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

14 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Honestly silver will have its day and it will be big. I know GDD isnt a fan. but its cycles and volatility are very different and the circumstances on silver are changing day by day, because its being eaten up. Gold for show, silver for pro's I know people in the bank industry who even say this to me, if they dont know - then no one does and one I know a good mate who was a seasoned and worked at Goldmans and one of my closest friends.... They dont employ idiots there, like Michael Burry, who made the big short. My mate has the brain the size of elephant, Doctorate in engineering and ex military and I worked for him when I left. Hes switched on! 

It wont imo its just too pegged back by the paper silver market.  for a difference in size comparison stand outside J P Morgan in London you are the physical market in height and their building is the size of the paper market  in scale.

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 17.08.50.png

Edited by GoldDiggerDave

4 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

It wont imo its just too pegged back by the paper silver market.  for a difference is size comparison stand outside J P Morgan in London you are the physical market in height and their building is the size of the paper market  in scale.

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 17.08.50.png

I have asked Google about paper vs physical silver ratio and apparently is 250 to 1.

I have asked Google about paper vs physical gold ratio and apparently is anywhere between 200-250 to 1.

Those ratios look very similar, @250 to 1.

I should stop here, but I can't...your analogy is wrong!

JP Morgan building's height is 153m.

The height of an average man in UK is @1.775m and for an average woman is 1.644m, so the height of an average UK person is @1.71m.

Doing the calculations, the ratio between JPMorgan building and you is only @98.5 to 1.

Just sayin'...🤗

Screenshot_20231025-171923.thumb.png.6f3c9b3c886e47edb3ded9b66c722add.png

Take this with a huge dose of salt but this narrative is not as far-fetched as I imagined. I clicked on the video below to scold whoever made it. Then I watched it and changed my mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Oq367J58KQ

Silver is being suppressed and we don't need to jump into conspiracy land to prove it. The AISC (All-in Sustainability Cost) of silver miners is not far off $20 and rising, indeed, according to filed SEC (and other global regulator) documents, several large silver producers are already above $20 in AISC. Who on earth runs a business with that much risk and those wafer-thin margins? Inflation is running wild in several major producing regions such as Mexico and Turkey and thus the AISC is trending upwards, fast

Some of the manipulation is deliberate criminal activity, we have unequivocal proof of criminally deviant activities from Warren Buffett, JPMorgan and other huge entities. The bigger part of the suppression is accidental though. The virtual paper markets in the 1970s used to be smaller than the real physical market. Now the virtual paper markets are orders of magnitude greater than the real markets, as GDD's neat little illustration makes plain. The silver market today has virtually nothing in common with the real physical silver market, it's the virtual market that is driving the physical market, the tail is wagging the dog. At some point the dog is going to wake up and when that happens the paper market will either become obsolete or go to the moon

The video above makes an important point about premiums. During previous silver spikes in the paper market, the paper derivatives were trading at a premium over physical silver. That's amazing, right? If we look around today we'll see the opposite is taking place and physical silver trades at a premium over the paper price

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

8 minutes ago, stefffana said:

I have asked Google about paper vs physical silver ratio and apparently is 250 to 1.

I have asked Google about paper vs physical gold ratio and apparently is anywhere between 200-250 to 1.

The height of an average man in UK is @1.775m and for an average woman is 1.644m, so the height of an average UK person is @1.71m.

Doing the calculations, the ratio between JPMorgan building and you is only @98.5 to 1.

Just sayin'...🤗

Thought it was 500m. 2m tall x 250 500m……hell the paper silver market is far worse than my example! 

Just now, GoldDiggerDave said:

Thought it was 500m. 2m tall x 250 500m……hell the paper silver market is far worse than my example! 

Same math teacher with @HerefordBullyun🤗?

The closest one is this:

Screenshot_20231025-173945.thumb.png.0f2364e7d6bbc99df9b3fe1fc3f6c1b8.png

But again, why do you blame only silver ratio, when the gold is absolutely the same?

Does anyone have a good source of paper vs physical premiums which is updated on a daily basis?  My only source s looking at sales prices from dealers which is hardly much use and also is not chartable.  I'd like to see a chart, to see where the lines cross over during the paper panics, and where they drag down the physical market during the repression years.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

2 minutes ago, silversky said:

Does anyone have a good source of paper vs physical premiums which is updated on a daily basis?  My only source s looking at sales prices from dealers which is hardly much use and also is not chartable.  I'd like to see a chart, to see where the lines cross over during the paper panics, and where they drag down the physical market during the repression years.

The only one I am thinking is US debt clock.

https://www.usdebtclock.org/

Screenshot_20231025-174805.png

12 minutes ago, stefffana said:

Just sayin'...🤗

Holly C tap the closet example in scale is more than 1.5x  the London Shard (think I originally got feet instead of meters) 

The paper market has and will continue to crush silver.  

Some reports say the silver paper market could be 400x bigger than physical silver.  

IMG_0233.jpeg

7 minutes ago, stefffana said:

Same math teacher with @HerefordBullyun🤗?

The closest one is this:

Screenshot_20231025-173945.thumb.png.0f2364e7d6bbc99df9b3fe1fc3f6c1b8.png

But again, why do you blame only silver ratio, when the gold is absolutely the same?

To try and answer that in my limited capacity, if silver was £500 oz it would make so many things too expensive as it’s more of an industrial metal than a precious metal.