• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Precious metals fan

clearly

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to the silver stacking scene and am starting to become a little beguiled by the craftmanship of the lovely coins and rounds.

I've been invested in silver and gold britannias stored away safely. However, having some to hand is a different thing altogether!

Been lurking here for a while learning, and also getting some British .500 and .900 predecimal coins off ebay for investment and SHTF.

Thanks for having me in your community.

clearly

• Founder & Administrator

Hello and welcome to The Silver Forum :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Welcome aboard!

I also have a growing collection of Pre Decimal British silver... Almost 2kg worth, although I want to sell it, I’m hanging on until Spot bucks up. 

Enjoy.

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

On 04/04/2020 at 14:29, InvestInCoins888 said:

Welcome aboard!

I also have a growing collection of Pre Decimal British silver... Almost 2kg worth, although I want to sell it, I’m hanging on until Spot bucks up. 

Enjoy.

Heya InvesInCoins888.

Yes, the pre-decimal silver is nice. I've around 0.5 kg. It's also hardier and very useful for actual trade/use, should things really hit the fan. So there's a use case for keeping them as a form of insurance for when the cash no longer comes out the machines and the banking system has failed.

In the process I've learned a lot about the coins of the realm and British history and am enjoying the collector/numismatic side a bit more than I thought I would. The Britannias are quite beautiful! I'm finding myself drawn to all the premium 1oz and similar present and past coins from around the world!

Cheers

We are on the same page there!

Ive had a lot of new customers these last few weeks, all of which are ‘preppers’. One chap has spent over £25k in 2 visits! 

I love a coin with the backing of Bullion and has a numismatic premium too, perfect for investment purposes.

I too LOVE a Britannia, however it’s a Krugerrand that wins me over every time! 

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

Yes, the Britannias are lovely. Now the Kruger Rand I bet is amazing. For investment purposes, I'm trying to avoid any complications, hassles, self-assessed tax returns and reporting requirements by sticking to UK legal tender. As such, the Britannias (gold, silver and platinum) and some others (lunar, Queen's Beasts etc) are all CGT-free. I'm not sure if the pre-decimal silver is CGT-free anymore.

It sounds like your shop is worth a visit one day when it is safe and allowed to move around @InvestInCoins888

I'd love to see in person some of the other precious metals coins from around the world in one place!

Archived