• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

eBayers selling fake silver coins

Pete

Annoyingly, they aren't the worst copy I have seen either.

The majority of fake eagles I see seem to be Y2K, so that's one to be wary of.

You'd think the American authorities would go nuts about this, but they seem to "allow" it in a way - I don't see them doing anything about it.

Stacker since 2013

Danny that's fine, you're right really and I'm not that experienced with eBay.

I suppose anything which is a copy is counterfeit goods really as it's a copy of someone elses product. There's nothing wrong with replicas though but these items are being bought more like real items and are being made as copies for a massive profit, calling it a replica is just a way of these people making it look better.

I find it hard to believe eBay will do anything as I've always seen them as ignorant money grabbers but you've seen things happen which shows this could actually be stopped.

If a petition's made I'll certainly sign it no matter how far it gets, definitely worth the effort trying to stop this.

It may be legal in China to make them and sell them, they'll never be stopped but that doesn't mean they should allow them to be sold on the American or UK eBay site does it. I think eBay need to keep the fakes in China and stop them entering and being sold to other countries.

It may be legal in China to make them and sell them, they'll never be stopped but that doesn't mean they should allow them to be sold on the American or UK eBay site does it. I think eBay need to keep the fakes in China and stop them entering and being sold to other countries.

Agreed.

If they kept the fakes off eBay, they wouldn't bother making them in China as there would be no market to sell them (well the 2nd vendor wouldn't anyway).

Stacker since 2013

Wonder if it is worth listing a photocopy of a £50 note and $100 note on eBay then getting the top brass to de-list.

That would give a direct line possibly to the muppets that need to act on removing the fake silver coins.

Just a thought.

Anyone not bothered about their eBay rating get in touch.

Another bandit to the fakers selling .999 fine silver plated replicas

goncalves21 selling item # 121324583754 Australian Year of the Horse.

He does highlight that it is a plated coin but the obverse states one ounce .999 silver funnily enough.

List so far -

stevelyn65

barleyexpress813

shuhal786

goncalves21

Archived