• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

When to buy back in

59 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

One thought I’ve had is if i pull out before April 5th i could stick £20k into cash isa for now and then a other £20k after April 5th, just to make use of isa allowance and I’m then ready to put some money into S&S when the dust settles.

Worth having some “cash” Cash just in case accounts get frozen for whatever crazy reason! I’m now at the stage where I believe anything could happen. A reset could mean everyone starts back at zero.

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

@h103efa @MancunianStacker Luckily all BTL mortgages are in my name but proposed new one would be in Ltd Company. Don’t worry i always keep some “cash” on hand just incase. I think spreading around is best option as who knows what will go bump

I'm currently in building an extension and house refurb which so far is contining as planned. I've just released equity from my house. If I could save, i would be be setting up a small monthly standing order into a stocks and shares ISA. Just something in the background which wouldnt affect you. But also agree to keeping some cash around for these strange times! I did go and withdraw some from the kids accounts yesterday and did hear the counter lady say they had ordered more cash in case of a run!

Im also planning an extension on my house this year in a few months - I’m thinking of still going ahead as if I don’t purchase this house I’ll have spare cash. Especially if things go bad, hunkering down and not moving etc is likely so might aswel be as comfortable as possible

Just had a BTL client pull out of her purchase! Another purchaser has also just lost the house they were buying because the vendors are staying put due to their age and isolating for 3 months at least.

I’m self employed too guys and seeing work I did in the past fall apart already without anything to show for it.

I’m just hoping my remortgage business will continue ok. I don’t see why not unless the banks all freeze!!

“Just when I thought I was out (Brexit), they pull me back in!!!“ - I think I’ll watch the Godfather Trilogy again soon. I’ll have plenty of spare time it seems!!! FFS 

1 hour ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

@MancunianStacker i will fee bad for my mortgage advisor who has put a lot of work into this application if u pull out. 

I think everyone will be pulling out to be honest..

They know you will return to them Eventually but emphasising it to them when you pull out will help them feel a little better about things. They’ll probably be expecting it too. It depends how far down the line people are I suppose. The same client is continuing with their first application at least 👍🏻 

My mortgage broker has done quite a few purchases/remortgages for me so we have a good relationship and if i do decide to pull out I’m sure she will understand.

I’m quite far down the line and will probably loose around £800-£1000 that I’ve spent on valuation fees and search fees but holding cash seems more logical at the moment.

Especially when i can max out the isa allowance before the 5th April in preparation of moving it into an S&S isa when the time is right.

1 hour ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

I’m quite far down the line and will probably loose around £800-£1000 that I’ve spent on valuation fees and search fees but holding cash seems more logical at the moment

Better to have some reserves just in case mate. Most likely the right decision. There will be other houses!! 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bigcheesy123 said:

Anyone think EasyJet worth buying atm? 

I don't know.   I'm not sure I'd pick the most vulnerable companies such as those travel related.

Since pretty much everything tanked 60 - 80% Id probably look for things which shouldn't have fundamentally dropped so hard but they did because everything was sold off. 

7 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

I don't know.   I'm not sure I'd pick the most vulnerable companies such as those travel related.

Since pretty much everything tanked 60 - 80% Id probably look for things which shouldn't have fundamentally dropped so hard but they did because everything was sold off. 

Such as: ?

and we will hold you to this if they tank😀

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Such as: ?

and we will hold you to this if they tank😀

I don't have an account to buy shares so I'm just thinking aloud.   

Id rather choose things that can't go bust like individual companies can.  Financial problems could reverb long after the virus has gone.

18 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

I don't have an account to buy shares so I'm just thinking aloud.   

Id rather choose things that can't go bust like individual companies can.  Financial problems could reverb long after the virus has gone.

No worries mate. 😀

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

9 hours ago, HelpingHands said:

Supermarkets, Reckitt and other household goods manufacturers, GSK etc, that's what I'd put my money on personally

15 hours ago, Bigcheesy123 said:

Anyone think EasyJet worth buying atm? 

Any Share/Stock thinking of buying some simple technical analysis need to perform so for example using EasyJet share price using Trading View (free to use) look back at 2009 and 2017 after major sell off break in the trend line and sustained period of time (monthly chart below) selling pressure (highlighted) but prices failed move any lower provides best opportunity buy the share. Look at the speed and velocity current sell off in comparison to 2009 / 2017. EasyJet share price could continue to fall back to 120 set in 2004 and lower. When you are trying to catch a falling knife the key is patience and there will be a time frame (have months) to pull the trigger for the buy and hold strategy.

image.thumb.png.820856b2f8dfc41b89b08c41a3ff6c81.png

1 hour ago, Abyss said:

Any Share/Stock thinking of buying some simple technical analysis need to perform so for example using EasyJet share price using Trading View (free to use) look back at 2009 and 2017 after major sell off break in the trend line and sustained period of time (monthly chart below) selling pressure (highlighted) but prices failed move any lower provides best opportunity buy the share. Look at the speed and velocity current sell off in comparison to 2009 / 2017. EasyJet share price could continue to fall back to 120 set in 2004 and lower. When you are trying to catch a falling knife the key is patience and there will be a time frame (have months) to pull the trigger for the buy and hold strategy.

image.thumb.png.820856b2f8dfc41b89b08c41a3ff6c81.png

Thanks that's sound advice,  Am new to all this. 

13 hours ago, zhoutonged said:

I love buying the dips and volatile markets are great for trading but I think this bear market is only just getting started. Good luck traders :) 

Any feedback on etoro, is it any good?

Been using Degiro with zero problems. They also have a list of free etfs.

Also if you check reddit and investment forums there´s a lot of new people wanting to trow cash into the markets, I think we will see more lows in the comming weeks/months. 

Archived