• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

best cheapest way to get started with silver

oracle

hi gents im totally new and my first forum to  so forgive my ignorance       can you experts please give advice on the best cheapest way to get silver eg bars 10oz or 500g or  coins  just so i have some silver   and a safeway please as im a novice    thankyou so much in advance kind regards

Hi and welcome to The Silver Forum.

This forum is probably one of the best places to acquire precious metals at lowest prices. Look through the UK & EU trade section https://thesilverforum.com/forum/13-uk-europe/ and you'll probably spot quite a few good deals. Additionally, if you're looking for something specific you can always post in the same forum with the details of what you are looking for.

I would say it's one of the cheapest and safest options out there to purchase precious metals as long as you do your due diligence (check user feedback, make sure sale topics have photos as per rules etc). 

Alternatively, you can always purchase through group orders from the European Union https://thesilverforum.com/topic/28551-european-mint-group-orders-are-back-for-2020/ where you can get very good VAT free prices on Silver.

All the best,

Alex

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain

5 minutes ago, ram64 said:

Hi and welcome to The Silver Forum.

This forum is probably one of the best places to acquire precious metals at lowest prices. Look through the UK & EU trade section https://thesilverforum.com/forum/13-uk-europe/ and you'll probably spot quite a few good deals. Additionally, if you're looking for something specific you can always post in the same forum with the details of what you are looking for.

I would say it's one of the cheapest and safest options out there to purchase precious metals as long as you do your due diligence (check user feedback, make sure sale topics have photos as per rules etc). 

Alternatively, you can always purchase through group orders from the European Union https://thesilverforum.com/topic/28551-european-mint-group-orders-are-back-for-2020/ where you can get very good VAT free prices on Silver.

All the best,

Alex

thank you alex   i thought i was in the right place here 

10 hours ago, oracle said:

hi gents im totally new and my first forum to  so forgive my ignorance       can you experts please give advice on the best cheapest way to get silver eg bars 10oz or 500g or  coins  just so i have some silver   and a safeway please as im a novice    thankyou so much in advance kind regards

I would strongly suggest that you don't buy a single ounce of silver until you do your research, I can not recommend strongly enough that you go out and buy yourself a few good books about invesing in precious metals, and studying them until you understand all the different concepts and ways precious meals can be bought/invested in/ speculated on, and then when you are confortable with all that.  That's when I would suggest that you decide what type of stacker are you going to be - buy for weight, collectability....., and then make your first silver purchase.  I'd advise you to avoid YouTube, i's full on nothing but silver pumpers who do nohing but predict the collapse of the world's financial system happening any time now, on a yearly, weekly and even daily basis.  One of the books that I would strongly recommend is the book ''Investing in Precious Metals for Dummies'' it covers more than just silver,  in fact it covers everything from silver to yellow cake - uranium, and all the different ways that you can buy/invest/speculate on precious metal, it even has sections dedicated to the taxation of precious metals, even the U.K. VAT and capital gains tax.

10 hours ago, oracle said:

1/ Upgrade to a higher membership level to enable seeing some of the "awesome" deals soonest!

2/ join in with the Group order via @BackyardBullion

ALL IMHO! 😉

My advice to get started is to browse http://goldsilver.be/en/ or https://www.europeanmint.com/ and see what is on offer.
Maybe also take a look at http://www.coininvestdirect.com

This will give you a good grounding / benchmark in bullion coins and their prices.
Weight for weight bars will cost more in the EU because bars are full VAT whilst coins and coin-bars are not.
UK main sellers will add 20% VAT to silver making it overpriced by comparison.
However for small orders the shipping costs from the EU are a serious factor so some UK sellers end up being competitive but for small orders.
You have to add in everything and do your homework.

With "benchmark" prices you can then compare against the Forum's selling section.
This is where many sellers offer real value and often you can pick up a bargain.
HOWEVER the best deals will be snapped up before you even know they exist UNLESS you upgrade your membership.

All the above are very wise advice's.

Just one small addition: for the best prices on europeanmint website you'll need to select euro as currency, there conversion to pounds is not great.

Happy hunting/buying.

Welcome to the silver forum. I agree that upgrading your membership to silver is a great way to buy low cost silver coins/bars as are all the above mentioned websites. Another website that is great is @BleyerBullion. There prices if buying multiple coins are very competitive and offer free delivery. There customer service is second to none and u can always give em a ring and have a chat with the guys there for information. When I first started out I spoke to them over the phone a few times with different orders and questions and as a newbie back then found it very helpful and reassuring to speak to a human as it were 😃 I am in no way affiliated but just a happy customer.  

16 hours ago, Pete said:

My advice to get started is to browse http://goldsilver.be/en/ or https://www.europeanmint.com/ and see what is on offer.
Maybe also take a look at http://www.coininvestdirect.com

This will give you a good grounding / benchmark in bullion coins and their prices.
Weight for weight bars will cost more in the EU because bars are full VAT whilst coins and coin-bars are not.
UK main sellers will add 20% VAT to silver making it overpriced by comparison.
However for small orders the shipping costs from the EU are a serious factor so some UK sellers end up being competitive but for small orders.
You have to add in everything and do your homework.

With "benchmark" prices you can then compare against the Forum's selling section.
This is where many sellers offer real value and often you can pick up a bargain.
HOWEVER the best deals will be snapped up before you even know they exist UNLESS you upgrade your membership.

excellent thank you

12 hours ago, daca said:

All the above are very wise advice's.

Just one small addition: for the best prices on europeanmint website you'll need to select euro as currency, there conversion to pounds is not great.

Happy hunting/buying.

great thanks so does it come out my bank in euro or pounds    then converted at my banks better rate cheers

10 hours ago, Jamesd said:

Welcome to the silver forum. I agree that upgrading your membership to silver is a great way to buy low cost silver coins/bars as are all the above mentioned websites. Another website that is great is @BleyerBullion. There prices if buying multiple coins are very competitive and offer free delivery. There customer service is second to none and u can always give em a ring and have a chat with the guys there for information. When I first started out I spoke to them over the phone a few times with different orders and questions and as a newbie back then found it very helpful and reassuring to speak to a human as it were 😃 I am in no way affiliated but just a happy customer.  

thank you

Added 0 minutes later...
16 hours ago, 5huggy said:

1/ Upgrade to a higher membership level to enable seeing some of the "awesome" deals soonest!

2/ join in with the Group order via @BackyardBullion

ALL IMHO! 😉

thanks

16 hours ago, Seth said:

I would strongly suggest that you don't buy a single ounce of silver until you do your research, I can not recommend strongly enough that you go out and buy yourself a few good books about invesing in precious metals, and studying them until you understand all the different concepts and ways precious meals can be bought/invested in/ speculated on, and then when you are confortable with all that.  That's when I would suggest that you decide what type of stacker are you going to be - buy for weight, collectability....., and then make your first silver purchase.  I'd advise you to avoid YouTube, i's full on nothing but silver pumpers who do nohing but predict the collapse of the world's financial system happening any time now, on a yearly, weekly and even daily basis.  One of the books that I would strongly recommend is the book ''Investing in Precious Metals for Dummies'' it covers more than just silver,  in fact it covers everything from silver to yellow cake - uranium, and all the different ways that you can buy/invest/speculate on precious metal, it even has sections dedicated to the taxation of precious metals, even the U.K. VAT and capital gains tax.

thanks

2 hours ago, oracle said:

great thanks so does it come out my bank in euro or pounds    then converted at my banks better rate cheers

You can use revoult to buy in euros they offer an almost perfect exchange rate. Much better than what the european mint does

I use Transferwise to make the payment, including the conversion from RON (my national  currency) to EURO  (better rates than my bank). Many others members are using Transferwise, others Revolut and others use direct bank transfer (conversion is made at the bank rate).

Open a transferwise account and move it that way buddy  - - saves a fortune over time on exchange rates!

On 24/02/2020 at 16:58, Tattoedamat said:

As the guys said. Do your homework...here on the UK I did loads and ended up stacking gold rather than silver.  Here is a very good place to.buy

thanks

Added 0 minutes later...
On 24/02/2020 at 18:48, 5huggy said:

Open a transferwise account and move it that way buddy  - - saves a fortune over time on exchange rates!

thanks

On 24/02/2020 at 18:44, daca said:

I use Transferwise to make the payment, including the conversion from RON (my national  currency) to EURO  (better rates than my bank). Many others members are using Transferwise, others Revolut and others use direct bank transfer (conversion is made at the bank rate).

thanks

Added 0 minutes later...
On 24/02/2020 at 18:43, Fadeingstar said:

You can use revoult to buy in euros they offer an almost perfect exchange rate. Much better than what the european mint does

thanks

Archived