• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Proof Brexit 50p

danmc82

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

As a memento perhaps- its a huge mintage.

Disclaimer- I often get it wrong!

The only 50p Silver Proofs I have had any luck in terms of flipping, are the Hawking, 1st Snowman and the Silver Proof 50 Years of the 50P sets- both the Silver Proof and the Bunc. 

29 minutes ago, danmc82 said:

Agreed, 20k or less than I may probably would have gone for it. You going for any Rich?

I'll go out on a limb here:

I think you will likely be able to buy a Silver Proof in the aftermarket at a much lower price in a month or two.

I think the Sovereign will perform poorly short and mid term- given the high price and relatively high mintage- I think it'll sell out, at the RM- as it will likely be wholesaled (is this a word?) away to H&B et al.  I think down the line  but there will be plenty to go around for collectors, and it'll find its level lower than the issue price. (apologies to the enthusiasts).

Out of them all, I think the 50p Gold is the 'best value'- but I think the mintage is still too high to make it exclusive.  

I think the 50p design is lazy.

I would have likely have bought a SOTD if it wasn't for the price hike.  

@danmc82- no- none of them for me.  

Only my opinion- I do often get it wrong- I didn't initially buy a Silver Una and had to scramble about on the phone to the RM- it arrived scratched- its gone back today for exchange- now this is a beautiful coin. 

1 minute ago, richatthecroft said:

Disclaimer- I often get it wrong!

The only 50p Silver Proofs I have had any luck in terms of flipping, are the Hawking, 1st Snowman and the Silver Proof 50 Years of the 50P sets- both the Silver Proof and the Bunc. 

I'll go out on a limb here:

I think you will likely be able to buy a Silver Proof in the aftermarket at a much lower price in a month or two.

I think the Sovereign will perform poorly short and mid term- given the high price and relatively high mintage- I think it'll sell out, at the RM- as it will likely be wholesaled (is this a word?) away to H&B et al.  I think down the line  but there will be plenty to go around for collectors, and it'll find its level lower than the issue price. (apologies to the enthusiasts).

Out of them all, I think the 50p Gold is the 'best value'- but I think the mintage is still too high to make it exclusive.  

I think the 50p design is lazy.

I would have likely have bought a SOTD if it wasn't for the price hike.  

@danmc82- no- none of them for me.  

So what you saying is, none of us will buy them, they'll all sell out and be flipped with 200% profit on ebay tomorrow 😁

Nah, I agree with what your saying. Thats why I'm not bothering this time. I'll wait a couple of months.

9 minutes ago, danmc82 said:

So what you saying is, none of us will buy them, they'll all sell out and be flipped with 200% profit on ebay tomorrow 😁

Ha!

In terms of all of these coins- it'll all hinge on if the man in the street embraces these coins to celebrate Brexit- who knows what might happen if even a tiny, tiny percentage of the 17.5 million who voted Brexit want to buy a coin-  it might well be 1000% Profit!😂

I just had a notification I'd sold something on eBay... didnt think I had anything listed for months. Turns out I had a 1973 Proof 50p from the EEC that sold this morning, completely forgot about it. Maybe now is the time to list the rest!

34 minutes ago, terakris said:

I just had a notification I'd sold something on eBay... didnt think I had anything listed for months. Turns out I had a 1973 Proof 50p from the EEC that sold this morning, completely forgot about it. Maybe now is the time to list the rest!

Chuck the new silver proof with them and sell as a set 😃

3 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Is passing the bucket a new form of dying previously unknown ? Do tell :)

😂

Aye my Gran used to say that but she also said when she did "pass the bucket" she would come back as a pigeon and shite on everyone she didnt like 😂😂

On 31/01/2020 at 00:27, blackadder said:

Or are they doing this on purpose 🤨  to make it seem like it's selling better and increase the hype etc.

That was my feeling when I was told that I was in a queue behind 37 people but my turn would come in under a minute!

No thanks, wasn’t that interested. Looking on ebay it seems that the £30 2-coin sets are being flogged at prices between £70-£125.

Besides, I’d already paid just under £70 for a Brexit Britannia, which I’d baulked at paying (especially as it’s the wrong year!!) but knew I’d regret not having in my Britannia line-up. It does look nice.

C4D760F7-D218-4C67-9408-7263F26EC2ED.jpeg.2800a2a355ff0e18af7d83a73b5c65aa.jpeg

Archived