• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What shall I invest in?

Reilly

21years of age is a great age to start stacking. What you want to buy really depends on your budget. 

For your first order maybe buy a small amount of silver/gold. You can buy from the main dealers but you can buy from this forum as there are often items for a great price. 

A mixture of gold and silver is what I would suggest. 

Good on you for thinking about PM's at a young age.

5 minutes ago, Tn21 said:

21years of age is a great age to start stacking. What you want to buy really depends on your budget. 

For your first order maybe buy a small amount of silver/gold. You can buy from the main dealers but you can buy from this forum as there are often items for a great price. 

A mixture of gold and silver is what I would suggest. 

Good on you for thinking about PM's at a young age.

I'm always looking into earning more money, making a business, reading books learning, courses while working, gym and just overall mindset.

Say pretty much the same as @Tn21 depends on your budget and what you like the look of. Also I’d look at how long you are planning on keeping it for and whether CGT exempt stuff is a good choice.  

Both gold and silver are worth putting your money into. 

At 21 years of age my advice is avoid PMs altogether and get investing in a tax efficient SIPP where immediately you will gain 20%.
You can wait an awfully long time to see this sort of return in bullion AND you might loose money.
If you are wealthy enough and have other rock-solid investments THEN consider the shiny metals.

For Sake of Simple Maths just buying a "full sovereign" a month

Your working life of 18 through to 65 = 47 years

x1 full sovereign per month = x12 per year stacked

x12 sovereigns times x47 years = 564 sovereigns 

x564 sovereigns @ £289 (for sake of simple maths) = £162,996 saved without really trying too hard or putting too much mental thought into your approach, buying at highs and lows along the way

1 hour ago, Reilly said:

Hello, I'm 21 years old what would be the best to start investing in gold or silver coins?

Thanks

Investment or wealth preservation?  Choose one or the other.  Gold and silver are not investments.  Silver price is the near enough the same as what it was 100 years ago when adjusted for inflation.  Gold may look like a good investment on charts, but the reality is that it generally increases in price (note: price, not value) because of currency devaluation and partly fear when the world financial markets are in turmoil.

I recommend some youtube research on search terms like "is silver/gold an investment?" and you'll be presented with many hundreds of videos to watch, some better than others. :)

Archived