• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2019 gibraltar 200th annivesary queen Victoria quarter sovereign

bilko

Just looking for some info about this from those of you more knowledgable than myself? Saw it in a local shop offered at £120, I think it was originally sold at £99 and its 24k not 22k? am I looking at the correct coin and what would you say the price should be currently?

This is one of those fade coins for me and wouldn't be interested in owning it. Stick with UK bullion if you're stacking for weight. You will be better able to sell it later on. Plus theres only 2grams of gold in it worth about £64

Thanks @Coolsmp! This is exactly my opinion of an underwhelming coin which none of the major reputable dealers can be bothered to stock. This is the type of overpriced, undersized coin from obscure mints which “tabloid dealers” always love to advertise in the back pages of the tabloids just before the sports pages. It’s always best to stick to recognisable coins from recognisable mints when it comes to buying and selling. There are plenty of vintage Victoria sovereigns and half-sovereigns available without the need of commemorative coins.

Archived