• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Issues with GSBE

AlphaBeast

Hey all,

In March 2019, I instructed GSBE to ship around 7 orders which they did. I even made a list of coins I should be receiving to prepare myself for the masses of coins to be received.

Everything went swimmingly well.

Today, I was re-checking my stock and realise an Xorder that wasn't within the March delivery is marked as SHIPPED. I did not receive any of these coins and now GSBE have said it was delivered in that March date.

Obviously, as I expected the Xorder to be put into storage and didn't expect it to be shipped thus I did not contact them to ask where was this order when they initially delivered as I expected this to be stored & shipped on my next instruction.

I have told them but they are saying this order was shipped along with the rest in March! 

What do I do? I thought I was going mad as coins in Xorder are SHIPPED but I have never even seen them in my hand before thus am shocked!

Sorry to hear you are having issues. 

I guess the issue you will have here is that so much time has passed since you instructed to have the orders dispatched that they will wonder why you didnt spot/mention it sooner. 

Hope you can work it out, keep us posted!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Well, I have kind of managed to sort it out, they checked with logistics. 

They said part of that order was shipped, 2 out of 9 coins were shipped from Xorder...

They are adamant they have sent those 2 coins but I told them I don't even remember seeing them - Marvel Captain America - I would have remembered this especially as I usually store all coins from same series altogether and could not locate Captain America thus must have not come during the original delivery - besides wasn't expecting to receive these coins.

They will check CCTV although not sure how this will work unless they have the ability to zoom into to details of coins whilst they are being packed??

Just find it weird they would not just ship the whole order instead of 'splitting' them up which would just cause confusions.

Will keep you all updated.

31 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

They say they pack every parcel under cctv but whether they keep the recordings this long is another matter?

I would imagine if they had a digital system then they should be able to go back to the date in question and review the footage.

But I know what you mean Steve, all depends on the size of there system.

The issue is that you are expecting orders that are 'in stock' - I believe the Xorder contained coins that weren't in stock at that time so wasn't expecting that order to be shipped along with the rest, hence the confusion as they probably tried to separate the order.

It would have made more sense to hold Xorder until that item was in stock then shipped it altogether on a separate shipping.

😐

Update

GSBE have said from Xorder, they sent 2 of the coins, Captain America which I cannot remember - they said they have videos and would check. (13/01/2020)

Then I noticed another coins - 2 x 1 oz ARCHOSAURIA Dinosaurs EUPARKERIA 2019 - 25 Rand was not in my collection and I don't remember receiving it especially as it comes in a pretty unique pack so I sent a follow up email to ask them to look out for this as well as Captain America. (13/01/2020)

I have emailed almost everyday just to ask if they have any news and I haven't had any kind of replies? It's been 3 days and usually they response quickly. Never had any issues with them before either.

Seems weird, if they have videos then surely they can rule it out but now it's just making me suspicious!

What can I do? 😐

17 hours ago, AlphaBeast said:

Update

GSBE have said from Xorder, they sent 2 of the coins, Captain America which I cannot remember - they said they have videos and would check. (13/01/2020)

Then I noticed another coins - 2 x 1 oz ARCHOSAURIA Dinosaurs EUPARKERIA 2019 - 25 Rand was not in my collection and I don't remember receiving it especially as it comes in a pretty unique pack so I sent a follow up email to ask them to look out for this as well as Captain America. (13/01/2020)

I have emailed almost everyday just to ask if they have any news and I haven't had any kind of replies? It's been 3 days and usually they response quickly. Never had any issues with them before either.

Seems weird, if they have videos then surely they can rule it out but now it's just making me suspicious!

What can I do? 😐

Not to be harsh, but regardless of what happens with this specific incident you do need to be more organised when receiving things.

Almost a year has passed and you're only noticing now not only that an order marked as shipped didn't show up, but also that you can't remember (what does that even mean!) seeing other coins from other orders? Can't exactly blame GSBE for being a little dubious, that's pretty negligent. 

Hope this gets sorted for you, but if not take it as an expensive lesson. Check EVERYTHING on arrival. Record opening the package on your phone so you have proof of anything missing. Get in contact immediately if there's any issues. These are good habits to have. 

What you're not getting is, that they said they sent out 2 of 9 coins which weren't even suppose to come - which were suppose to be in storage - NOT SHIPPED.

I don't have those coins.

They marked that order as shipped - I received none of the 7/9 coins, in fact none of the 9 coins - I queried it, they asked logistics who said 2 / 9 of the coins were shipped. This whole order was MARKED AS SHIPPED despite them saying they only sent 2 coins?!?!

Then GSBE said, made a new order with the 7 remaining coins which I found dodgy - like how can they mark it as shipped when 7 of the 9 coins were not shipped as stated by GSBE logistics themselves???

So why would I check an order which I have no coins for an order I believed to be in storage? I will only check the orders that were ready to be shipped - and nothing that's in storage. Why? 

Now they taking taking to check through videos and not responding to my emails.

Also I got the order in August and I keep a spreadsheet of my coins. All those 9 coins are marked as not arrived - i.e. should be in storage!

So who exactly should be dubious? If they have videos, why haven't they got back to me? Especially with the order they marked as shipped when 7/9 coins weren't as agreed by GSBE!

On 17/01/2020 at 10:05, Melon said:

Not to be harsh, but regardless of what happens with this specific incident you do need to be more organised when receiving things.

Almost a year has passed and you're only noticing now not only that an order marked as shipped didn't show up, but also that you can't remember (what does that even mean!) seeing other coins from other orders? Can't exactly blame GSBE for being a little dubious, that's pretty negligent. 

Hope this gets sorted for you, but if not take it as an expensive lesson. Check EVERYTHING on arrival. Record opening the package on your phone so you have proof of anything missing. Get in contact immediately if there's any issues. These are good habits to have. 

P.s 'also that you can't remember (what does that even mean!) seeing other coins from other orders'

Do you know every single coin you have without looking at your spreadsheet? Unless you have an amazing memory or have a small stack?

So yes, you are being harsh! Along with GSBE - these people have had since 13th January to check their videos!!! What's the delay?!!?

5 hours ago, AlphaBeast said:

What you're not getting is, that they said they sent out 2 of 9 coins which weren't even suppose to come - which were suppose to be in storage - NOT SHIPPED.

I don't have those coins.

They marked that order as shipped - I received none of the 7/9 coins, in fact none of the 9 coins - I queried it, they asked logistics who said 2 / 9 of the coins were shipped. This whole order was MARKED AS SHIPPED despite them saying they only sent 2 coins?!?!

Then GSBE said, made a new order with the 7 remaining coins which I found dodgy - like how can they mark it as shipped when 7 of the 9 coins were not shipped as stated by GSBE logistics themselves???

So why would I check an order which I have no coins for an order I believed to be in storage? I will only check the orders that were ready to be shipped - and nothing that's in storage. Why? 

Now they taking taking to check through videos and not responding to my emails.

Also I got the order in August and I keep a spreadsheet of my coins. All those 9 coins are marked as not arrived - i.e. should be in storage!

So who exactly should be dubious? If they have videos, why haven't they got back to me? Especially with the order they marked as shipped when 7/9 coins weren't as agreed by GSBE!

No need to get angry at me. I'm not GSBE nor am I defending them. Clearly you're in a frustrating situation and like I said before I hope they sort it for you. 

I'm just pointing out that your system appears disorganised and now you're in a situation with potentially multiple incomplete orders, prolonged gap before contacting the dealer and you're seeing first hand how difficult this stuff is to solve now. I'd be doubly careful when dealing with a company like GSBE. 

The fact remains the order was marked delivered, so I'm surprised you didn't see that over such a long period of time. But that aside, you mentioned two other coins from a different order (2 x 1oz Archosauria) that you also "don't remember receiving". I don't get how that happened - either you keep a record or you don't. If you do keep a record, how did you not spot they were missing and report it at the time? This is what mystifies me. I'm not having a go at you, just pointing out that this type of thing is avoidable. 

5 hours ago, AlphaBeast said:

P.s 'also that you can't remember (what does that even mean!) seeing other coins from other orders'

Do you know every single coin you have without looking at your spreadsheet? Unless you have an amazing memory or have a small stack?

So yes, you are being harsh! Along with GSBE - these people have had since 13th January to check their videos!!! What's the delay?!!?

Funnily enough, you're highlighting the exact point I'm making. I think it was a safe assumption that you would check any records you have before emailing the dealer and posting about it on TSF - am I wrong? If so, when you email them saying you don't remember seeing these coins, it makes me wonder why you've not got a definitive record. You shouldn't be in a position of saying you don't remember and asking them to let you know, you should be able to say definitively yes or no about whether you received those 2 coins. 

Honestly it's lucky they even have videos of the packing 9 months on. They're probably archived. So someone on their end now has to dig those out and watch through the footage, potentially for a prolonged period of time if they're filing system isn't great as I imagine they pack a lot of orders every day. Clearly communications aren't a strong point for GSBE as everyone knows, but I don't think the request is quite as simple as you might think. 

I’m just starting out but as @Melon pointed out: It’s lesson for everyone . I ordered few days back my first order and I’m guilty of not recording myself. After reading this topic I will surely do.

thanks 

hope they sort you out @AlphaBeast

Sorry - They have gotten back to me and they have said both coins were not actually delivered and are in storage - I re-checked my previous emails sent to them and it was an email sent to them asking them about the 2 x 1oz Archosauria back in March and August, which they said initially said it was not in stock, but they didn't respond back to another email that I sent back  hence why my spreadsheet wasn't updated to 'in storage'.

Guess they have lots of emails to respond to however if a customer is asking for re-confirmation then I would expect a response to confirm this. It's partly my fault as well for not chasing them up in regards to the coins and actually getting a clearer answer. Thus, both sets of coins will be delivered next time.

Lesson learnt, keep emailing them until they confirm one way or the other.

Yeah, another lesson learnt is to check orders that you don't expect to be shipped incase it is actually marked as 'shipped' on their side! Apart from this issue, glad to say no other issues with GSBE.

2 minutes ago, Viga said:

I’m just starting out but as @Melon pointed out: It’s lesson for everyone . I ordered few days back my first order and I’m guilty of not recording myself. After reading this topic I will surely do.

thanks 

hope they sort you out @AlphaBeast

• 2 weeks later...

Archived