• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver coin bars iso coins (to avoid VAT)

StevenDS

This is not relevant for anyone, eg Americans, who doesn't need to pay VAT to acquire silver. In Europe however we have to pay VAT on silver unless we buy sovereign government issued silver products (coins/coin bars).

Due to this restriction the most popular physical silver products in Europe are 1 oz maple or philharmonikers (continental Europe) and britannias (UK). We of course pay higher premiums then normal silver bars, but still a lot less then the VAT. Spread between buying and selling is about 4-5% on these 1 oz coins.

I wonder however what the spread between buying and selling is for coin bars. Does anyone have any experience selling these in bulk to dealers? I'm not talking about 1 oz coin bars. Let's focus on 250 g, 500 g, 1 kg, 5 kg and 15 kg. I have noticed though premium on 1 kg coin bars was 3,5% lower then equivalent in 1 oz maples.

I haven't found many producers for coin bars. I have been looking mostly for 1 kg coin bars and have found:

FIJI (HERAEUS)

zilver-1-kilo-bar.jpg

COOK ISLANDS (HEIMERLE MEULEMANS and PERTH MINT)

zilver-1-kilo-bar.jpg  silver-bar-1-kilo-bounty-bu-minted-cook-islands-2008.jpg

zilver-1-kilo-bar-bu-minted-perth-2007.jpg

ANDORRA (UMICORE)

Note: The Andorran diner (ADD) is a commemorativec currency issued in form of coins intended for collectors and without a legal tender value.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor ANDORRA umicore 1 kg

Archived