• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Getting into stocks market

26 minutes ago, MrGeorge said:

Best tip is get in today don't wait.

currently I wouldn't recommend this for index tracking.

(target the dips works better)

research and strategy. the more you put in, the more

you're likely to get out. start by working out what your

best advantages are versus other investors/traders.

the nitty gritty of tools/apps would be solved with

experience but the driving force to make the right

investments would need to come from you personally.

HH

2 hours ago, MrGeorge said:

I prefer to take advice from people who have succeeded in the market over decades and not some random person on a forum. Who by the way is probably not even in the market or if is has  very little invested.

bert wert duz eye NO - - i iz ree tyred since May @ seeckstee yeers awld and bin runeeng mi own penshurn for last 15 yeres!!

homer simpson doh GIF

2 hours ago, MrGeorge said:

And this is exactly why you should join a investment forum or read books. All the billionaire investors say the same thing. Get in now dont put it off. Most important thing is time in the market not timing the market.
I prefer to take advice from people who have succeeded in the market over decades and not some random person on a forum. Who by the way is probably not even in the market or if is has  very little invested.

what's better(from an investment point of view):

1. buying into something and leave to run the test of

time?

2. choose carefully what and when to buy and watch

over your investments?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAGxH5QLGcQ

this person actually gives sensible guidance ideas

for free.

HH

Getting into the stock market now at near all time highs for me doesn't propose much value. Not saying that money can't be made, it's just for me too high for my liking.

I first bought stocks in 08/09 no idea what I was doing but pretty much everything was smashed down. Sold afterwards with a bit of a profit but had I held on and rode the upward trend that followed I would probably be able to smile and grin showing all my teeth.

I chose some stocks, at the time I was with the share centre (broker).

Now I have not bought shares for a while but 2020 I'm actively going to get into the paper markets for Au and Ag. Maybe go in for some etf's and have a punt on a handful of miners. 

8 hours ago, Tn21 said:

Getting into the stock market now at near all time highs for me doesn't propose much value. Not saying that money can't be made, it's just for me too high for my liking.

I first bought stocks in 08/09 no idea what I was doing but pretty much everything was smashed down. Sold afterwards with a bit of a profit but had I held on and rode the upward trend that followed I would probably be able to smile and grin showing all my teeth.

I chose some stocks, at the time I was with the share centre (broker).

Now I have not bought shares for a while but 2020 I'm actively going to get into the paper markets for Au and Ag. Maybe go in for some etf's and have a punt on a handful of miners. 

Will be interesting to see how you progress. Your choices, successes etc. Do share some updates. 

I’ve Prospected on a couple of mines this year. Think I would only do etf’s for quick profits - not long term. 

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

In april I opened an account with the broker degiro as they have the lowest fees by far.

Bought 300£ of gazprom and mobilne telesystemy stocks. Both gave me around 8% dividend. 

Now I am waiting for the stock market to take a dive (50% crash will happen sooner or later) and then I will invest around 5k in high dividend uk stocks such as hsbc. 

For me it is speculation and generating income as well. After the crash, which we do hear about will "inevitably" come - I am investing one time 5k and then keep buying monthly as well. Dividends will be reinvested.

That is my strategy, which suits my needs, goals and income. It is not for everyone obviously.

You will have to formulate for yourself what you are trying to accomplish and what risks you are willing to take.

6 hours ago, goluckystayhappy said:

I had a quite look at Degiro and there fees are indeed very, very low.

Yes, doesn't get any cheaper than Degiro fees as far as I can see.

The next stocks I am looking to buy, but only at bargain prices, are:

HSBC
Vodafone
Shell
SSE.

All of them have paid out high dividends over the past decade.

22 hours ago, StackerCollector said:

In april I opened an account with the broker degiro as they have the lowest fees by far.

Bought 300£ of gazprom and mobilne telesystemy stocks. Both gave me around 8% dividend. 

Now I am waiting for the stock market to take a dive (50% crash will happen sooner or later) and then I will invest around 5k in high dividend uk stocks such as hsbc. 

For me it is speculation and generating income as well. After the crash, which we do hear about will "inevitably" come - I am investing one time 5k and then keep buying monthly as well. Dividends will be reinvested.

That is my strategy, which suits my needs, goals and income. It is not for everyone obviously.

You will have to formulate for yourself what you are trying to accomplish and what risks you are willing to take.

Thanks, I’m gonna check them out now.

23 hours ago, StackerCollector said:

They might not pay out a dividend post crash for a few years. This happens quite often after big crashes. 

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

• 4 weeks later...

I've never held stocks before but just signed up with Degiro. Seems an easy platform to use and as others have said, tiny fees.

I'm only thinking of putting in about £2k at the moment, and adding more as I go. I'm bullish on the miners so will have to spend some time reading up on some options. Thinking a mix of a couple of speculative ones and 'safer' bets like Barrick Gold etc.

Archived