• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Stacking silver

Thesilverman500

Hi,

Im looking to stack some silver in the hope the price will go up in future years so that i can make i profit when i go to sell. Im thinking about doing this by stacking silver 1oz Britannia's. i have had a look around and it seems i have to pay around the 14 pound mark per coin which would mean silver would have to go up considerably to make any kind of profit here really. Is this a good strategy do you think? Also, when i do go to sell is the idea to ring up uk dealers to see you offers the best price for my silver?

Thanks

Hi there @Thesilverman500. You'll probably start off like a lot of people on the forum and then progress onto buying gold. When I started I had a target of 500 ounces of silver, which has been reached but then realised how much space it takes up to store securely. Once I bought my first 1/4 oz gold coin on the forum, I realised I could store more wealth into a smaller area. I still buy silver but have slowed down with my purchases of it.

Still nice to buy silver though, I always look forward to the postman delivering a package.

Serious advice. Don't buy anything until you really understand what you are buying into. Silver is not a 'get-rich-quick' investment, it's more of a slow burn. It's not as easy as picking it up low and selling high. There are a hell of a lot of nuances you really need to 'get' if you want to stack successfully (imho).

But saying that, as a start some Brittania are a decent choice to start your foundation. 

Many of us on this forum also followed D.ick Whittington.
Good luck striking it rich.
Fortunately I have other assets and can take the hit.
My silver stack is worth less than half what I originally paid, thinking at the time I started that silver was a win-win investment.
When it peaked at £30 per ounce I was sure it was heading even higher according to all the experts, mostly from the USA, so that kind of explains things as they write books on business and sell training courses etc, so they must be right !!

Archived