• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Rosland Gold- Libertad Buying Experience.

richatthecroft

Thought I would pen an objective review of buying from Rosland.Gold Gmbh- I have no affiliation and I have not been paid or offered any discount on this/future purchases- I just wanted to provide a review as it can be anxiety provoking making a major purchase from any source- but buying from outside of the UK can be more-so.  

I'd not heard of this company prior to reading through a recent thread instigated by @Lindeman, discussing the 2019 Libertad Proof release and I saw a contribution made by @RoslandGold aka Emanuel Seibold.  Having read through the website, it looks like this is a new venture here in Europe for the Rosland group, and they now have an office based in Munich employing a small team of 5 people, headed up by Emanuel.

Anyone who collects Libertads will know that there is a dearth of opportunity to buy a wide range of them, even on release, here in the UK- so having another EU dealer supplying them was welcome. I have bought Libertads previously from @muenzdachs, Silbertresor and GS.be.

I found the Rosland website not only aesthetically pleasing but easy to navigate on both a desktop computer or mobile.  I cannot comment on the wider offering of products, as I concentrated my attention on the Libertad pages- there's a nice and varied selection of Gold & Silver Libertads to be found-  I would say however, that Rosland wouldn't be my 'go to' for a large quantity of say, the popular 1 Onza Silver variety on release due to the price point, but perhaps Emanuel might be able to negotiate on price for a bulk order?  I guess contacting him in terms of other Mint Silver bullion products might lead to at least a negotiation?

My experience of dealing with Emanuel is that he is knowledgeable and clearly dedicated to customer service,  answering questions and queries extremely promptly via email.  

In terms of my order- I ordered Friday 28th November.  I could have used the website to select the Libertad set and simply have checked-out and paid however, Emanuel offered Free Shipping for TSF Members, hence me contacting him in the first instance.  Emanuel confirmed the free shipping, and I placed the order with him and he sent an invoice later in the day- despite him being extremely busy as he was in the midst of his Black Friday promotion, and he told me that orders were coming in thick and fast.  

It was extremely helpful and pleasing to find out, that @RoslandGold offered an option to pay in either GBP or Euro.  I selected the GBP option to avoid Transferwise fees and Emanuel emailed me a copy of the original invoice and another document in English giving the details of where to pay the monies- and payment was simply made via UK to UK Bank Transfer.  My only criticism is that it was slightly confusing initially- until I exercised some common sense!- as the receiving bank account was a Transferwise Bank Acct. number/sort code but the invoice also included an IBan number, and I couldn't decide initially should I use Transferwise as an intermediary....DOH!  Clearly, I eventually came to my senses,  but a few days later, another Forum member contacted me directly whilst they were working out how to pay for their order, and they too were somewhat thrown by the same scenario- perhaps a solution to this would be a note at the top of the invoice explicitly explaining to simply complete a direct UK Bank Transfer, might be useful for new customers (and particularly useful for not very bright Yorkshireman!).

Emanuel confirmed he had received my payment very quickly by email- which was very helpful-  and he explained that I would not receive an immediate dispatch notice, as the Libertads were in transit to Rosland in Germany from the USA, but he expected them with him on Tuesday 3rd December and for me to expect delivery Thursday 5th December.   However, due to a problem experienced by the shipping logistic firm in the USA, in terms of Thanksgiving Holidays, and a flight cancellation due to adverse weather, Emanuel didn't receive his consignment until Thursday, but he was able to keep me up to date with this development and moreover, and particularly impressive, was that Emanuel got my order shipped the same day by UPS and they were delivered next day, Friday 6th- way less than 24 hours- fantastic service.  

Packaging- I'll let the photos below speak for themselves- the set was double boxed, outer was security sealed and the inner box and the item itself was well cushioned with bubble wrap and other packing materials.  

IMG_8651.thumb.jpeg.7c3173bdb36bcde0a6ad4e2c42e2042b.jpeg

IMG_8653.thumb.jpeg.143e9a286c6e2eae8e2bb3d549327774.jpeg

And the coins-

Again, the photos speak for themselves- they look stunning- and flawless to me- I'll update with Grading results in due course- but don't hold your breath, It'll take me a while to part with these anytime soon.    

IMG_8660.thumb.jpeg.b6ebdab240d056818bc8b9f98ccfcf0f.jpeg

IMG_8669.thumb.jpeg.919bade315ea88ac81f89c6eef275b88.jpeg

IMG_8667.thumb.jpeg.75bc95d3f77bcfaf2728058f4d172319.jpeg

IMG_8674.thumb.jpeg.39a8400f072d236940b1f40857696a2f.jpeg

IMG_8671.thumb.jpeg.c50717e4278b0eeba2facdfb783d7811.jpeg

IMG_8680.thumb.jpeg.7d385f5aa647633c6031f41843678f32.jpeg

IMG_8677.thumb.jpeg.38dc12b9f25096ecf06f2acadeff7795.jpeg

IMG_8704.thumb.jpeg.e67eebdae0a9d7e336148a43a1370bb0.jpeg

IMG_8703.thumb.jpeg.23e01629a520f04a84259d8770f2b58f.jpeg

IMG_8706.thumb.jpg.4dfae415ff3e902224558388428c4af0.jpg

IMG_8707.thumb.jpg.1d76f1892035e7da7d5364fcde6614a3.jpg

IMG_8708.thumb.jpg.921df4272115db542e81138aad3a0e3f.jpg

IMG_8666.thumb.jpeg.8a498b057001ea5df25a193ca98ef219.jpeg

@richatthecroft thank you so much for the feedback. 💪

Im in London very often - just in case if you want to buy cheap or just some silver coins, so you can pick it up in London if your nearby.

Next time would be on dec 17th until 19th in Hotel ME London 336-337 The Strand.

I didnt know that you want to grade them, because we have all of the libertad as PR70 DCAM in Stock.

We can also organize direct shipping from the mint to the client for several mints like Czech Mint, PAMP, NZM, Scottsdale Mint, ... to reduce the total costs. 

Best, Emanuel 

Edit: The whole website will be translated in english until end of the year. This includes different currencies aswell (GBP, USD, HKD, EUR).

6 hours ago, RoslandGold said:

Im in London very often - just in case if you want to buy cheap or just some silver coins, so you can pick it up in London if your nearby.

Next time would be on dec 17th until 19th in Hotel ME London 336-337 The Strand.

I didnt know that you want to grade them, because we have all of the libertad as PR70 DCAM in Stock.

We can also organize direct shipping from the mint to the client for several mints like Czech Mint, PAMP, NZM, Scottsdale Mint, ... to reduce the total costs. 

Best, Emanuel 

Edit: The whole website will be translated in english until end of the year. This includes different currencies aswell (GBP, USD, HKD, EUR).

Really grateful for that @richatthecroft

Promises kept and more to offer. Class act!

8 hours ago, RoslandGold said:

Best, Emanuel 

Will definately be taking you up on the london offer if not this visit next one.  What date do you need the order by to meet on 17th? 

3 minutes ago, silvernewbie said:

Will definately be taking you up on the london offer if not this visit next one.  What date do you need the order by to meet on 17th? 

16th. Depends what you need. If you are on the MoneyFair in Berlin i'll be in Hotel Adlon Kampinski near the Moneyfair from 01/27 - 03/02 and can bring rare stuff to the hotel too. 

We can meet there in the Hotel lobby if it's not just a silver coin 😉

@richatthecroft beautiful coins, not surprised you don’t want to let them out of your sight for a while, think I’d be drooling over a bucket for a few days!

Awesome review too, I was looking at this website a few weeks ago and apart from being totally clueless when it comes to reading German, there are some great items on this site. Cheers.  

Archived