• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1st Feb 2020: The Silver Forum Lounge with Numistacker @ London Coin Show

Message added by ChrisSilver

*ALL spaces taken*

Please attend the event as a guest :) but all table space has now been booked

Reservations:

@jultorsk ½ table (Gold Member, so £25) 

@SovTracker full table space (Silver Member, £55) 

@InvestInCoins888 full table space (Platinum Member, £45)

@BackyardBullion full table space (Platinum Member, £45)

@AgD ½ table (Silver Member, £27.50)

Danny Gill (West Midlands) perhaps?

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 minute ago, terakris said:

I don't know their name, they have the same pitch each time. I refuse to deal with him after hearing how he spoke to some poor old chap wanting to get a price on a proof sovereign he bought. He literally destroyed this old guy saying he had bought junk and it's worth scrap at best. There is a way to deal with customers and that isnt it. 

:( customer service & awful experience like this is what made Rob Halliday-Stein create "Bullion By Post" such a success, when he experienced it trying to buy bullion in the late 2000s by bringing a barbarous relic to a modern internet savvy worldwide market place

Great event, lovely to meet everyone, thanks for making me feel welcome.

Trade was good, I definitely made my money today. Personally I think we should think of ways to encourage more footfall into the side room...  

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

Just now, InvestInCoins888 said:

Great event, lovely to meet everyone, thanks for making me feel welcome.

Trade was good, I definitely made my money today. Personally I think we should think of ways to encourage more footfall into the side room...  

Thats good to hear it has been worth your while and covered your costs & made some cash.  I think with time things will develop, nice a small time collector/stacker has chance to exhibit/trade with the big boys professional dealers 

I had a great day. Big thanks to @BackyardBullion and @InvestInCoins888... A few more additions to the stack.

IMG_20200201_162259.thumb.jpg.75f5abed3a28a9e19ce8107cfaf663d9.jpg

And @AgD, that Mexican gold collection is incredible.

Thank you also to @Numistacker for your brilliant explanation of the grading process, very interesting. 

Edited by Darr3nG

1 hour ago, Darr3nG said:

I had a great day. Big thanks to @BackyardBullion and @InvestInCoins888... A few more additions to the stack.

IMG_20200201_162259.thumb.jpg.75f5abed3a28a9e19ce8107cfaf663d9.jpg

And @AgD, that Mexican gold collection is incredible.

Thank you also to @Numistacker for your brilliant explanation of the grading process, very interesting. 

Thanks buddy it is beautiful 

Im affraid you all missed the funniest laugh of the day......

Mr Tyler Sirhan was going for Sushi so we joined the party......he had Lobster which I said I am sure thats still alive even though its back end had been eaten so they said no its just reflexes to which he put his finger into the claws & SNAP you heard him squeal, drink went flying & he had a Lobster hanging from his hand & it started to grab really hard 😂

I was videoing Tyler prodding said snapper because it was moving. Unfortunately I stopped before he tried to rip its claw off. Talk about revenge. 

Snapper 1 - Tyler 0

I had a great day out at TSF Lounge and great to meet some old friends and make new ones and see all those lovely coins. I also had the privilege of witnessing some magnificent coins going for grading. 

The best was saved for the afters and three uninvited guests witnessing the latest welcome member of TSF - Snapper!! 

10 minutes ago, Seasider said:

As everyone was packing up someone came in with a massive horde of gold coins for grading.  I imagine @Numistacker is still there filling out the paperwork.

The show was good and it was great to see so many forum members. We now have almost 7000 forum members which is pretty amazing.

3FEF0A7F-65FB-43C9-95C4-893B0B2E2C26.thumb.jpeg.c531dce4b4fa8f316327730f7324ae97.jpeg

I was certainly kept incredibly busy the whole day and did not even really have time to find something for me to buy this time.

D8815BFF-F74E-4D98-97A1-0ED90B983197.thumb.jpeg.07f53a678d62a5c1892ccf408b8e3cf2.jpeg

Taking submissions at the show was very successful as some people have items they would prefer not to post for good reason.

628D2974-6635-4A7A-AFCE-4F613BF71DC0.thumb.jpeg.f89b467acbb4107ff7024fc36da16b04.jpeg

It was great to see Mandarin Duck and Swan medals submitted with 10 variations on a theme from 2016

It was also great to see so many 20-40 age range collecting and putting cash I go gold and silver and this is a great thing for them and a great thing for our hobby.

9B3E70F3-5136-45E4-86AF-22CA7D952703.thumb.jpeg.1ed667d5faf66702c184515432d6b4fb.jpeg

A93BB436-EF0F-4B8B-AC0B-02DB6A52657A.thumb.jpeg.ae8ab084f01642bf6e485e17b5745a04.jpeg

I will be making Silver Forum Lounge grading submissions a regular thing and several people also used the Lounge to Consign to the Coin Cabinet monthly auction 

868160B2-D666-4F84-A0B9-26E292EC376E.jpeg

Great to see a good turn out, id love to go one day. Can I ask,  in the future will there be one of these based in maybe central UK? Might give more of us guys in the midlands/north more of a incentive to come down/across and meet with you all as travelling wont be as much of an issue or cost.

9 hours ago, nee4891 said:

Great to see a good turn out, id love to go one day. Can I ask,  in the future will there be one of these based in maybe central UK? Might give more of us guys in the midlands/north more of a incentive to come down/across and meet with you all as travelling wont be as much of an issue or cost.

There is a monthly midland coin fair, just search for it. 

15 hours ago, LukeStacker said:

There is a monthly midland coin fair, just search for it. 

I'm aware of this mate but I think you've misunderstood what I've said, I'm asking if the guys who run, or have strong afilliation with the silver forum are likely to attend any further events up north, I'm not asking about a generic coin fair 😊

1 hour ago, nee4891 said:

I'm aware of this mate but I think you've misunderstood what I've said, I'm asking if the guys who run, or have strong afilliation with the silver forum are likely to attend any further events up north, I'm not asking about a generic coin fair 😊

I believe @SovTracker and @5huggy was talking about hosting a silver forum lounge at one in the Midlands at some point but may be wrong so I'm sure they will clarify 

So I left a general note above being a newbie, now can I just say I really enjoyed the SF lounge, @Numistacker and the sovereign guru beside him (sorry didn't get your name) who were both so kind knowledgable and enthusiastic about coins in general and I think sovereigns in particular and helped me with information and advice for my small collection I brought along, I had no  idea 2 of my sovereigns were Australian !!, @BackyardBullion you have so see and touch his items, so tactile and just wonderful to enjoy in person, I bought a couple of coins from @InvestInCoins888 and the royal mint which were giving away magnifying glasses which was nice. All in all the Lounge made it for me, if it wasn't there I wouldn't consider going to another one as I felt there was a bit of snobbery downstairs while upstairs much more approachable, what did you guys think??